Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, December 26, 2009

Calling all Mineral Makeup Divas: I neeeeed your help, please

I initially started this post to show you my Christmas Day eye look, but then after visiting Sephora.com and seeing the extra 20% off code and massive sale they're currently having, I discovered that they *might* be discontinuing my favorite Sephora Brand eyeshadow of all time (the horror!). So if they ARE indeed discontinuing this shade (or the entire Mono Chrome line), I am calling on all of you MMU divas to help me, PLEASE, find a MMU shade that comes close to this (there's got to be one out there, right?).

Here's my eye at the end of a long, very fun, Christmas day:







I used Sephora Brand Colorful Mono Chrome Eyeshadow No. 3 (a gorgeous taupey brown that flashes green) as a sheer wash, with Coastal Scents Gel Liner in Truffle to line and Mally Beauty Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner in Caribbean Sea on my waterline. My mascara is Maybelline Colossal in black.

Now if you click on the link above, you'll see that the Mono Chrome Eyeshadows are all currently on sale for $5 (regularly $10).  But the one shade that's out of stock is, OF COURSE, No. 3.  WHY, Sephora, would you (possibly) discontinue this shade, which I happen to believe is the loveliest of all of the Mono Chromes?? I swear, this shade is perfect for me. It's gorgeous as a sheer wash for daytime or nighttime, and it's even more pretty foiled (something I rarely do because I actually like it subtle).

So here are some close-ups of the eyeshadow itself. Sephora calls it a "brown-green iridescent green sheen" but for me it's more of a warm taupe with green sheen.  Anyway, if any of you MMU gurus know of a good dupe of this, PLEASE, I'm begging you, tell me in the comments.









Thank you SO much! xo
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I know you asked for MMU and this isn't it, but that color looks alot like Club by MAC, although the brown base in Club is darker and more cool toned than the e/s you posted. But it may be worth trying out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a couple of shades that are brownish with that green pearl interference.

    1. Suzanne Marie Rose - Aromaleigh
    a lustrous silvery gold with soft green & rose interference highlight sparks

    2. Evocation - Fyrinnae
    Taupe, not gold. Gentle, slightly shimmery taupe with a highlight that changes from a pale blue-green to soft rose/coral.

    3. Trickery - Fyrinnae
    Trickery is a delightful soft sandy taupe-brown shade. It has flecks of vibrant green shimmer and highlight, but changes to golden green to peach as it gets closer to the light.

    4. Warrior-Mage - Fyrinnae
    The most glimmering, multi-faceted shade in our Arcane line. Gleaming, sparkley silver with a greenish lighlight that changes to pink and soft gold, enhanced by glowing blue sparkle.

    5. Damn Paladins - Fyrinnae
    Soft, satiny taupe with a gentle light blue highlight.

    6. Lounge - Urban Decay
    it's a reddish-brown with a green pearl sheen

    7. Label Whore - Too Faced
    metallic brown with blue iridescent

    8. Spellbound - Suds n' Sass
    muted dirty plum with golden green reflect

    I think you'll have the best luck with the Fyrinnae shades, but I included some non-MMU too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a mineral eyeshadow called Chocolate mint by Pure Luxe company. It is a brown with beautiful green shimmers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As much I don't care for Pure Luxe, I think Blue Asp is exactly what you are looking for! Its a sheer warm taupe with green dimension. It looks exactly the same as the color you're wearing! I can swatch it for you if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon: Thanks so much for the rec! Unfortunately, I used to own Club and there was too much pink and peach in the shimmer--something about it made my skin look really yellow. I WISH that Club worked for me because it's such a gorgeous shade. :(

    Phyrra: I knew I could count on you! LOL! I was hoping and hoping that you'd respond to this, but I never expected such a detailed list! lol. Thank you SO much! I think Trickery sounds like the most promising shade so far--I can't pull off a shimmer (or interference as you call it--I learn new vocabulary ever time I visit your blog, I swear!) that has too much pink or peach. Too much pink on my eyes makes me look like I have jaundice, I swear. If it's SUPER subtle I can probably make it work, but I need the green to be the predominant shimmer because, in real life, that's what this Mono Chrome is like. You literally can *barely* see the pink/peach sheen in it. Thanks again, sweetie! xo

    Charanya: I have never heard of Pure Luxe but this color sounds promising. Thank you! Can you tell me if the brown is dark/medium/light? Thanks! :)

    Lisa Kate: Are you serious?? So no peach/pink in the shimmer/dimension/interference? That is EXACTLY what I'm looking for!! Whoo hoo! Now, can you tell me why you don't care for Pure Luxe? Feel free to email me if you prefer, ok? Thanks sweetie! Oh, and I would LOVE to see a swatch! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would second Blue Asp, it's close to the pictures you posted, although on me it leans a little yellow, but I have tons of red in my skintone.
    Fyrinnae is also worth checking out, but I don't have any of the colors she listed so I can't check them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. squidmarket: Thanks for your comment! I think I need to check out Blue Asp--I don't have tons of red in my skintone (if anything I have too much yellow) so I think it might work! Thanks again! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found another color that may be perfect for you, by Fyrinnae.

    http://www.fyrinnae.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=45

    Envy Me - Soft tan-taupe with a subtle green sheen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Phyrra: OMG OMG, I just looked at it and it looks almost identical! Thank you SO much...i think I need to order this asap. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just curious if you ever found a match...I love the original shadow and would love to find a cheaper alternative!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig