Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, October 23, 2009

Spotted at Walgreens: New Sally Hansen Mini Nail Polish Sets (so cute!)

So I was at my good-luck Walgreens last night (for some reason I always see something new and interesting at this particular location) and I spotted this display:

(click images to super-size)



Sally Hansen has released a line of mini nail polish sets! I believe there are six different sets available but I've heard that there is also one Canada-exclusive six-bottle "Project Runway" set out there (see Halifax's blog for more details). Also, Sally Hansen has teamed up with La Cross to make the little "purses" in the front row that are actually mini manicure sets with clippers, etc. I just adore how all of these sets look like tiny purses. The inner girlie-girl in me is spinning in circles!

The six polish sets are as follows: Deep Collection and Holiday Collection (retail on these sets is $9.99) and then there's the HD Hi-Definition Collection, Diamond Strength Collection, Xtreme Wear Collection and French Manicure Collection (retail on these sets is $4.99). From what I can tell, the difference between the $9.99 sets and the $4.99 sets is that the $9.99 sets come with a top coat instead of a 5th color and the bottles also seem slightly larger.

Here are some pics I snapped of the individual sets (I apologize for the quality but these were taken with my Blackberry camera in florescent lighting--not exactly an ideal pairing).


The Xtreme Wear Collection (I believe that the middle glitter shade is "Strobe Light", which I've had my eye on ever since I saw this display back in June)



The HD Hi-Definition Collection (for a closer look at the original HD Hi-Definition display, which I first spotted back in June, click here)


The Deep Collection (sorry the lighting on this one is horrible but don't get too excited--that's not a dark green you see, it's actually more of a black in real life. This set contains a clear top coat, three vampy reds and a black)


The Holiday Collection (a very standard holiday assortment containing the usual silver, gold and reds)

I didn't snap photos of the other two sets because they were, in my opinion, a bit boring (we all know what a French Manicure set looks like and the Diamond Strength Collection was filled with very standard pinks and berries).

So there you have it! For less than the price of one bottle of OPI, you can get yourself five fun colors to play around with. Not a bad deal, right?

I'd love to know how you feel about these mini polish sets and which one, if any, you plan to purchase!
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. *gasp* That HD set has my name on it! I really reaaaallly hope my Walgreens has these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already own set they are adorable..I glad they came out with the hd set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SOOOO want the Project Runway collection! I know someone who lives in Canada... maybe I can convince her to look for it and I'd swap some goodies with her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look soo cute, I've got to look for them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a fun idea to have some minis for the holiday. I do like the HD set, just because the full sized bottles are quite pricy to get them all. I still prefer the shades from Canada exclusive collection :-) Thanks for the shout out, R!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are actually making me want to leave my family and friends in the UK and move stateside. Shallow, moi?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! I haven't seen them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure what I feel about these sets, but I did want to come here and give you an update! I finally made it to the mall today, and there was no sign of NYX anywhere in Claire's. There was some stuff with vaguely similar packaging (jumbo pencils and a few pallettes) but it all said "Claire's" on it. I'm slightly dissapointed, but I'm sure it's all for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey femputer! I think that's the one I'm going to buy as well. But I also like the Xtreme Wear colors. Decisions, decisions! :)

    Hey CD! You do? Wow, you're quick! How do you like them? Is the little brush easy to work with? Thanks! :)

    Hey Amber! Do it! Do it! :) The colors in that set are sooo pretty. It must be yours! xo

    Hey Mama Mish Mash! I'm crossing my fingers that you'll find it in your area! :)

    Hey Halifax! lol! Oh now you're just rubbing it in, aren't you? lol!! :) But yeah, the colors in that Project Runway collection are unbelievable. So jealous. :)

    Hey PP! OMG, your comment *still* has me laughing!! I don't think it's shallow *at all* to abandon family and country for a mini nail polish set. Come on, now! :)

    Hey Rai! I'm sending good vibes over that you'll be able to find these in your area soon. :)

    Hey Papaya Bunny! Thank you SO much for taking the time to give me an update on Claires! Wow, so the rumors are untrue. Bummer!! But maybe you're right and it's for the best. If NYX was that easily accessible to us, it could turn into a dangerous habit. lol. So what did you think of Claire's house brand? Any interesting colors?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've used Claire's cosmetics years ago (probably 6 or 7 years now) so I can't remember staying power and the like, but I wasn't impressed with what I saw anyways -- there were those oh so lovely 3 layered nail polishes, and pretty much everything seemed to be full of glitter or flourescent -- two looks I'm not incredibly into!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey PB--thanks for the lowdown. They don't exactly sound like my cup of tea either. lol. Glad to know I haven't been missing out on a goldmine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man, wish I was in the US... I've been lemming those HD polishes since they came out! Nice catch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these - especially because I hardly ever finish a whole bottle of nail polish anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lipglossiping! With all the fabulous UK products you blog about, I wouldn't feel too bad if I were you. lol! I know, I know, it's always a case of what we cannot have (I drool over Gosh, Barry M and Sleek!) so I totally understand where you're coming from. The HD colors are very pretty, but I'd take your UK products over them any day. :) xo

    Gloria--I am right there with you! I don't think I have *ever* finished a bottle of nail color before (maybe a top or base coat but never a color). Excellent point! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I actually picked up two similar SH mini sets last holiday season so I was on the lookout for these. I found them at Walgreens and also at Kmart, though at Kmart they are not where you expect them to be...but turn around and look at the shelf behind you with all the holiday gift ideas...and there they were. Walgreens also had some cute Borghese mini sets as well, but I was in the mood for the unusual.
    I LOVE mini polish and I think SH is one of the easier one's to use because the brush is almost normal size and the bottles are tall and square. I picked up the Xtreme and the HD even though the colors were so similar.
    I have limited space, so minis fit my world better and I never finish a big bottle, ever. I am ALWAYS on the look out for the mini bottle. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig