Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, June 1, 2009

Pics of new products by Maybelline, Sally Hansen and Styli-Style!










OK so I went to CVS today and was astounded by the amount of brand new products they had on the shelves! I haven't purchased any of these yet, so for now I'm just sharing pics. Here we go:

1) Maybelline Stylish Smokes eyeshadow quads. These come in silver, plum, green and neutral palettes. For a fantastic, in-depth review of these, check out Pink Train Case's post here.

2) Styli-Style Nano Liners. I literally just did a post about how much I love Styli-Style but I had no idea they had come out with a new product! These liquid liners come in black, brown and gray, and the gimmick seems to be that they're small enough for your pocket but contain the same amount of product as a full-size liner. What's funny to me is, if you read the display, it says that these last 24 hours, yet they also state that they can easily fit in your pocket. Now, why would you need to carry one in your pocket if this liner is going to stay on for 24 hours? Anyway, I like small products and I love the heavy-duty staying power of Styli-Style, so I'm sure I'll buy one soon and review (plus I'm always on a quest for the perfect gray liner).

3) Sally Hansen HD Hi-Definition Nail Color. Um, WOW! Look at these cute summertime colors! I don't particularly like the price tag (almost $7 a bottle. Ouch!) but of course I'm sure we'll all wait until these go on sale anyway before making a purchase. Looking at these bottles up close, I don't really see any "new" technology here...they just look like shimmery polishes to me. But maybe you have to apply the polish to your nails to really see what's going on. Either way, my curiosity level is pretty high on these so I'm sure I'll eventually make a purchase and review.

If you've already tried any of these products, please leave a comment and tell us what's up! And if you haven't tried any of these, feel free to leave a comment and tell me if anything here interests you.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I saw those Sally Hansen polishes just the other day and nearly fainted! I LOVE the colors and shimmer, they're gorgeous in person... plus the brights definitely look good for summer. :) Think I'll have to pick some up at Ulta, and maybe one of those Maybelline shadows too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jenn! I know, that Royal Blue color ("BLU") is really calling my name. In person, it's unlike any other blue polish I've seen in drugstores. I think it would look really cute on toes :) If you get the Maybelline quad, please review? I'm curious to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( I can't find the stylish smokes around my area... booo...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Siluet! Have you tried looking in the regular Maybelline display? I've noticed that they are now incorporating the Stylish Smokes quads in with the other eyeshadow quads so they might just be in the regular display in the stores in your area!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig