Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Review: Prestige My Biggest Lashes Mascara


After Max Factor announced the news that they are no longer going to distribute their products in the US come 2010, I had to really step up my game in finding a replacement for my beloved Max Factor Volume Couture Mascara.

L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen Mascara was my first choice, but I've since discovered that it's not for daytime use due to the fact that it flakes and smears on me after about 4 hours. I've never had any luck whatsoever with mascaras from Maybelline, so I crossed those off my list of must-try products, and the last mascara I tried from Rimmel, Glam'Eyes, has a cool, super tiny brush and cute packaging but the product literally disappears from my lashes before the day is over.

So I was very happy to hear some good buzz in the blogging community about Prestige My Biggest Lashes, which I mentioned very briefly in an earlier post after I noticed that Prestige released a huge selection of new products back in April of this year.

All I've got to say is: Why did I wait so long to try this mascara? Let's let the pics do the talking!

Here's a close-up of the tube:
And here's a close-up of the big brush, which is about the same size as the Cover Girl Lash Blast and Max Factor 2000 Calorie Extreme brush, only it's not rubber--it's a traditional brush:


Here's my right eye without any mascara (scary, I know, but hey, we're friends. I have no shame in showing this to you):
My right eye with ONE coat of My Biggest Lashes in "Very Black":
My right eye with TWO coats of My Biggest Lashes:

And here's one more, from a slightly different angle:

As you can see, this mascara gives great volume and length to my otherwise nonexistent lashes. It separates well and there's absolutely no clumping or flaking throughout the day or night. Literally, I can put this on and it looks the same at 7AM as it does at midnight. Also, even on my super oily skin, there is NO smearing, even in hot weather. And the best part? It's not waterproof, so I can simply wash it off with my usual cleanser (and it also removes relatively easily with baby wipes!).

I honestly would still be in a state of panic trying to find a great replacement for my Max Factor mascara if it weren't for this awesome product by Prestige. Also, I should remind you that Prestige has decided to make this part of their permanent collection. Yay!

If anyone's keeping count, I'm up to FOUR hall-of-fame products from Prestige now:

1) Multi-Finish Wet/Dry Powder Foundation
2) Total Intensity Eyeliner
3) Perfectly Fresh Cheek Tint
4) My Biggest Lashes Mascara

Way to go, Prestige!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. WOW!!! I gotta get ME some Prestige products! My asian eyes could use that mascara♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I wish my lashes got that long and pretty with just one coat... Thanks for review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Siluet! If you try this, please, I'd love to hear what you think! I really cannot believe that I have absolutely no complaints about it and I hope it works just as well for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bailey! I have the finest, most invisible lashes ever, so if this works for me, it might work for you too! Definitely worth a shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is on my "to try" list! I'm currently using the Volume Collagen, and it's just okay...nothing special!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Trisha! Yeah, the Collagen one ended up flaking *and* smearing on me, so I'm super happy to have found this one. If you get it, I hope you'll do a review--I'm so curious if you'll like it as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darn, I don't think I'm gonna be able to get the mascara =( I ordered too much e.l.f. products haha! (once I get alllll the products, I'll let you know my thoughts♥)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh honey, you don't NEED this mascara, given the fact that you have the mother of all hauls coming your way soon! :) lol. Can't wait to hear what you think of all your elf goodies!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig