Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, April 13, 2009

WOW! New Prestige stuff = Benefit/Mark/Tarte knock-offs!






OK, I'm almost shaking as I type this so bear with me. I went to Rite-Aid today and was blown away by this adorable new line by Prestige that, until today, I had heard NOTHING about and had never seen before. I swear to you, I think my Rite-Aid is THE test market for new products because I SCOURED the internet for info on this new line by Prestige and I found NOTHING. ZERO. Nothing on the Prestige website, nothing on the various makeup message boards, nothing in any beauty blogs.

Could I possibly be the first person to see/review these new Prestige products???

That said, I took a picture of the adorable counter display at my Rite-Aid of Prestige's new "Summer Perfection" collection and let me tell you, there's at least one winner here (keep reading to find out which one!).

The collection includes three products: A cheek tint (dupe of Tarte Cheek Stain!), a clear mascara (yawn...), and a color-adjusting lip gloss (dupe of Mark Glossblossom!).

Let me just say here that either Prestige got a sudden rush of capital and/or they're making a serious push to become a major player in the drugstore makeup arena (look out NYC, Milani, and Wet n Wild!). I mean, Prestige has had the same boring stuff for SO long that I don't even look at their display anymore when I pick up my beloved powder foundation. I haven't seen a counter display of new Prestige products in YEARS. What a way to make a comeback!

That said, let's start with the clear mascara called "Perfectly Clear". It looks like your standard clear mascara so I don't really have much to say, except that I know where they're going with this: Beach makeup to help you avoid raccoon eyes. Cool. I get it.

Next we have "Perfectly Pink Color Adjusting Lip Shine". Adorable packaging for a questionable product. I wasn't compelled to purchase this because all self-adjusting lip colors look exactly alike on my lips: Light magenta. Thanks, but no thanks. But if I go into Rite-Aid again this week I might be tempted because you never know...miracles do happen and maybe this could be THE product to turn my lips YLBB (your lips but better).

Finally, I'd like to share you with you the utter ROCKSTAR of the collection: "Perfectly Fresh Cheek Tint". Where do I begin? It's freaking adorable for starters, and it's tiny (perfect for a small summer purse!). Basically it's a smaller, cuter version of Tarte Cheek Stain, but without the yummy fragrance (actually, the Prestige product is completely fragrance-free). I love that it only comes in two colors: "Sunny" and "Rosy". Do you want peachy cheeks or pinky cheeks? I went for "Sunny" because lord knows I have enough pink blushes to last twenty lifetimes.

When I got this home, I immediately swiped some on my cheek and I couldn't believe it: This product seriously rivals Tarte's Cheek Stain. It blends like a dream and you don't have to work quickly with it before it dries, yet it doesn't take forever to dry. Basically, you have just enough time to rub it in, move it around and blend it before it sets. And the color. OMG! Gorgeous. The perfect peach. Honestly, this makes my cheeks look like I've been playing in the sun. A totally natural, healthy glow. I am so in love with this product! And the best part: You can wear this when you're wearing NO makeup! I tried it with foundation and without, and both ways totally work. Without makeup, it makes you look like you've just got a healthy, subtle glow. With makeup, you can build for more intensity so that it shows up over your foundation. Oh, and did I mention that it's $6?

So this new Prestige line seems to give us drugstore divas the best of all worlds: The cute, retro-style packaging of Benefit products, a cheek stain that's as good as Tarte's most famous product, and a self-adjusting lip color that is so close to Mark's Glossblossom that it makes you do a double-take. And all of these products are in the 6 dollar range. AWESOME!!!

PS: Please leave a comment here if you have seen this display in your area! I can't be the ONLY person to have this line in my city, can I?

UPDATE: I just googled "Prestige" + "Summer Perfection" again and I did see a one-sentence reference to this line in a WWD.com article. But that's it!
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. I SAW IT!!!!!!!!

    I went to Rite Aid yesterday (yes, Easter Sunday, haha) for some last minute things and of course, had to take a trip around the cosmetics. I saw the same displays!!! I didn't have time to buy any goodies, but I'm definitely going to pick some stuff up soon. Did you see the HUGE bronzer compacts from Prestige as well? Gosh, they were HUGE. I think there was another bronzer-type product as well. Either way. I'm excited! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya!! Thank you!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one! :)

    And yes, I DID see those bronzers (I actually took some pics of that display and the eyebrow and eyeliner displays for future posts!). I just wanted to get this post out ASAP because it's the line I'm the most excited about. But OMG, those bronzers are the size of PANCAKES! LOL!

    So please stay tuned for my reviews on the bronzers, eyeliners, and eyebrow products! I'll get those up in the next few days!

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw and bought last Weds and I absolutely agree, the cheek tint is Awesome!I've also been searching for it but yours is the 1st and only site that came up. I hope they continue this - very awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi SuZJ! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I'm so glad to hear that someone else likes this cheek tint as much as I do. Yay!! And you're right, I too hope they continue this :) Also, Tanya just left a comment on my other Prestige post about how wonderful the new mascara and eyeliner are. We should both check those out too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Just saw this at my Rite Aid as well! I was super tempted by the cheek tint and gloss. I tried some of the gloss and it seemed to turn a light magenta on me BUT not as magenta as others,so the verdict is still out. I am thinking about going back for the peach cheek tint after work!! Love Prestige

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anon! Thank you SO much for the mini-review of the gloss!! Please do keep me posted. Hey, at least it's a *light* magenta, right? :)

    You must go back and get that peach cheek tint. I've been wearing it every single day since I bought it and I swear I love it more and more each time I use it! In fact, I just bought a back-up in case I can never find it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's hoping this stuff makes its way to Austin, TX! No Rite Aids here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Camille! Guess what? I went on the Prestige website and went to the "Retail Locations" page and did a search and all Walgreens and Ulta stores carry Prestige in Austin! Happy hunting :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Went to Rite-Aid yesterday with my husband, so I didn't get to check it out 2 close, but after reading these reviews, I am for sure going to go pick up the blush. I love Tarte, but c'mon, who loves the price tag?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Sera! Darn those men...don't they understand that we need to stop and admire new makeup, no matter how long it takes? :P You've got to let me know what you think of the blush when you get it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought this in "Rosy" and it gives a beautiful bright pink tint to the cheeks. The packaging is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Trisha! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I have been so curious about "Rosy" and I'm so excited to know that it sounds as great as "Sunny". I'll have to try it next! And I agree--the packaging is too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi!!! Just wanted to let you know that I picked up the blush and the Perfectly Pink color adjusting lip shine. I am in love with the blish, I've gotten tanner since I picked it up, and it's only gotten better!! And, so you know, the Perfectly Pink is NOT magenta-y! I usually have the same problem with self adjusters ( the Blistex was horrible), but this one actually delivers. Very smooth, non-sticky formula that brightens perfectly, YLBB all the way! I will def purchase this again!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sera!! Thank you so much for taking the time to follow up from your previous post! WOW, I am so excited to hear that Perfectly Pink didn't turn magenta on your lips! YLBB? I must try this now! And it's not sticky? Even better!! I can't thank you enough for this new info! Oh, and I'm so glad that you're still loving the blush (me too!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just saw the blush for the first time today at my Rite Aid in Philly and picked it up right away in Rosy, having heard nothing about it. I then came home to see if I could find any reviews before breaking the seal (so I could still return if the reports were no good). Oddly, I couldn't find information on any of my usual sites and this was the first place that mentioned it. I gave it a try and love it, too! I am actually one of the few who really DON'T like the Tarte stains - they are way too sticky and stay that way, and don't love the smell or the color choices. So this was a risk, but it really paid off! They seem to have captured all that was good about the Tarte stains (convenience, easy application, lasting color), but eliminated the stuff that people criticized in the reviews. Well done, Prestige. And I was nervous about the Sunny color - thought it would be too brown for my pale skin, but you have convinced me to give it a try. I might actually give up my HG Vincent Longo Lip & Cheek Stain! Well, maybe I'll just keep them both - don't want to rush into such a big commitment :).

    ReplyDelete
  16. I realized I should have said something helpful about the color, Rosy. Actually, when I first put it on, I thought it was going to be way too pink and bright, but after just a quick blend with my ring finger, it was great. Just a really natural flush. I'm very fair skinned and tend to wear warm/neutral colors, so I was pleasantly surprised when a product with a bit more blue in it was so flattering and natural.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi SSH! Wow, thank you SO much for all of this fantastic info! First of all, I'm so happy that you were able to find my review of the cheek tint online and that it helped you decided whether or not to tear open that seal. :) And I'm also relieved to hear that you like this product as much as I do! It's pretty amazing, isn't it? I love how you said that Prestige took all the good things about the Tarte product and left out the ones that people complain about. I totally agree. Even the size is better (I don't know about you but I never seemed to be able to use up a Tarte Cheek Stain--they're pretty big!). It sounds like I might need to pick up Rosy soon! FYI, I'm a MAC NC20 and Sunny is perfect for my coloring. It's not garish at all, but you can definitely build for more intensity (as I'm sure you know because you have Rosy). I really hope that Prestige keeps these around, but just to be safe, I bought a backup of Sunny. It scares me that they are not doing any advertising for such a wonderful collection and they haven't even added these products to their website. Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to leave me your comments--I really appreciate it!

    PS: You must keep your VL Stain (I must confess I have one too!). A girl's gotta have variety, right? :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig