Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, September 17, 2015

Spotted: Wet n Wild Fall 2015 Limited Edition Fergie Beauty University Palette

It's back! The Wet n Wild Limited Edition Fergie Beauty University Palette for 2015 (Walgreens-exclusive) has landed in stores, at almost the exact time as it landed in stores in 2013 and 2014.

Many thanks to longtime reader and photo contributor @freakumbee on Instagram for sharing some pics of this year's palette, which she spotted at Walgreens this week:

image credit: @freakumbee for Nouveau Cheap
 Wet n Wild Fall 2015 Limited Edition Fergie Beauty University Palette
(retail: $30 at Walgreens)

Before I give you a closer look at this palette, I want to mention right off the bat that, historically, this palette goes on sale at Walgreens for 50% off (making it $15 instead of $30) during Black Friday week. So if history repeats itself again this year, you'll be able to avoid the $30 price tag.

Keep reading for a closer look, including a comparison to the 2014 Beauty University Palette...

image credit: @freakumbee for Nouveau Cheap

Here's what you get in this year's palette:
  • 29 glitter cream shades
  • 72 powder eyeshadow shades
  • 29 lip gloss shades
  • 4 eyeshadow applicators
  • 1 mirror
Looking at the bottom right pic above, you can see that, just like with last year's palette, there are two sliding palettes on either side that can be pulled out to access the glitter creams and glosses. 

So how does this one compare to the 2014 Beauty University Palette? Good question! Take a look:

image credit: @drugstoredreamer for Nouveau Cheap
2014 Fergie Beauty University Palette

image credit: @freakumbee for Nouveau Cheap
2015 Fergie Beauty University Palette

As far as I can tell, they look identical. The outer box packaging looks different this year, but it looks like the shades are the same as last year, with the same amount of shades and the same configuration. So if you want a closer look at the inside of this palette, CLICK HERE to view my post from last year. I actually never purchased last year's palette, but I did receive the 2013 palette for review and I liked it quite a bit (you can see my review of it HERE). But that palette included blushes (which were gorgeous, by the way) and some other things that aren't in the 2014 or 2015 palettes. 

If you purchased the 2014 palette, I would absolutely love to hear how you liked it. And if you missed it last year (and wanted it), you get another chance since this year's version looks pretty much identical.

Again, this palette SHOULD go on sale for 50% off ($15) at Walgreens during Black Friday week (if history repeats itself), so definitely keep that in mind if you're looking to buy it.

Thanks again, @freakumbee, for the great sighting and pics!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Where can I find the fergie blushes?! I've been looking everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks a lot like the Sephora Makeup Academy Palette from 2013 Holiday season

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are the shadows in this set as nice as the regular small palettes? Anyone know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would totally buy this if there was some of the highlighters/blushes included. For me it isn't worth the money otherwise. Would make a great gift though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got last year's and was so excited to find it. However, I returned it because the lip and glosses were terrible. When I went to put my brush in it, it sank right to the bottom of the tin. The gloss was the worst. It traveled all over my lips and outside of them too. The glitter was typical WnW quality; it never stays in place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm intrigued, but I wish they had highlighters and blushes instead of the glitter shadows and the lip glosses. I never get use out of any creamy stuff in any palette, mainly because I don't like them housed with powders and/or I just don't like to apply lip product with a brush.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They just put this out at the Walgreens in Alvin. Gordon/South St. In the Houston area.
    BUT is looks like its the same as last years palette.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just an FYI, I work at Walgreens and, as predicted, this is on sale for 50% off this week! PS I also wish it still came with blushes, but still a good deal for $15. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig