Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, April 14, 2014

Special Anniversary Reader Interview Series: Get To Know Yanny

In honor of the five year anniversary of Nouveau Cheap, I'm interviewing fifteen readers in this very special series, as my way of saying thanks for your support (to read more about this interview series, including how the readers were selected, click here).

All of the readers who were interviewed for this series were given the same ten questions, and they were asked to submit a picture of themselves, their pet, their makeup stash, or anything else they felt like sharing.

The seventh interview in this series is with reader Yanny. Take it away, Yanny!

Yanny's Chihuahua, Coco

G: How long have you been a fan of drugstore beauty products?

Yanny: I've loved drugstore beauty products since I started using makeup in high school. Before that, when I wasn't allowed I loved the drugstore roll-on lip glosses since that was all I was allowed.

G: What was the first beauty product that you remember purchasing?

Yanny: I remember buying my first roll-on clear gloss and Jordana nail polish. I don't really remember which one was first though.

G: What are your five can't-live-without drugstore beauty products?

Yanny
    1. Pure acetone.
    2. Jumbo size cotton balls.
    3. Nail polish (especially Sally Hansen and Revlon)
    4. Lip balm (especially Baby Lips or EOS)
    5. Maybelline Line Works Liquid Eyeliner Waterproof

G: Tell us your best "drugstore score" story (something you got for a great deal on clearance and/or with coupons, store rewards, etc.).

YannyA while back I was able to get a great deal on a Revlon lip gloss. I had reward points, they were on sale and I had a Revlon coupon.

G: What's your go-to shade of lip color?

YannyMauve/pinky-nude.

G: What's the one movie you can always re-watch, no matter how many times you've seen it?

YannyThe Mummy and The Mummy Returns!!! (Both equally)

G: What's your current favorite TV show? 

YannySupernatural.

G: What was the last book you read?

YannyI'm not sure if it was one from the Percy Jackson series or the last Harry Potter. LOL. I still like young adult fiction.

G: If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?

Yanny: Working at OPI. Naming polishes and creating beautiful shades. 

G: Tell us a bit about your hobbies, what you like to do in your spare time, or anything you're very passionate about!

YannyLove nail polish. Doing my nails relaxes me while I watch TV. I'm into so many shows right now but Supernatural is something I'm passionate about. Love the show, its theme, characters and everything about it. I love being at home with my family (my dad and chuhuahua) watching TV. My dog is such a great companion and it always makes me feel better having him around when I'm feeling blue. It's amazing how much love a dog can give it to a family.

Thanks so much for allowing me to interview you as part of this series, Yanny! I absolutely loved getting to know you a bit better, and I hope other readers feel like they know you a bit better now as well!
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Hi. Thanks for taking the time to read my interview :)

      Delete
  2. Love my Coco! He does not realize he's turning eight in July. He thinks he's still a puppy and knows he gets more attention that way :) Love my furry friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coco is adorable! I love my dogs too, they always put you in a great mood...
    I love doing my nails too, Yanny and I agree with naming shades at OPI. Although some of those names are so clever I know I could never come up with them, I appreciate the thought and time that goes into their polish names. Another great interview, G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Carol! Thanks for the compliment on my Coco :) Us dog lovers understand that they are part of our families. Gotta love those OPI names right! They are very clever when coming up with them.

      Delete
  4. My dogs name is Coco also! Well her name is actually Coconut, but we started calling her Coco for short and it just stuck...lol! Your Coco is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alison! I've known of a lot of people naming their female canines Coco. LOL. My Coco is a boy. LOL. It's funny your story about your dog's actual name being Coconut. I named my Coco that because he is white and brown like a coconut's colors inside and out :) Thanks for your compliments. I've had a hard time choosing only one photo of him. LOL. I have so many.

      Delete
  5. Yeah, I agree- super-cute dog, and it was nice getting to know you! I like EOS too =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much KP3girl. I sure think he's adorable, but then again, I love him to death ^_^ Thanks for taking the time to read the interview. I love the EOS sphere lip balm but gotta admit only a few flavors. Have not tried them all yet for fear of hating it's flavor and/or scent. I love the Sweet Mint, Vanilla Bean and Pomegranate. I hated Honeysuckle Honeydew and Summer Fruit. Still got several to try :)

      Delete
  6. Coco is ADORABLE!!! And I LOVE The Mummy movies, too :) there's just something about them that puts me in a good mood!
    I'm enjoying these interview posts! G, you are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I sure think he's adorable. LOL. I know what you mean. I can watch them anytime and it doesn't matter how many times I watch them, I still go through all the emotions you're supposed to during the movies. LOL. Only the first and second are my favorite though. Did not enjoy the last one much.

      Delete
  7. Nice to meet you Yanni. I so agree about animals (your Coco is a cutie!), every time my dog Lola meets me at the door my heart smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time Kica. It's good to know that there are people out there who love their furry friends as much as I do. They are part of our family and not only a pet. They deserve it since they give so much love. Lola must be a very lovable dog. They greet us at the doors when we come home because they miss us and show it. Very well put, they make our hearts smile :)

      Delete
  8. Really nice to read about you and I loved your love for your dog and for your polishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. So glad you took the time. Yup my furry friend makes my heart smile like Kica said. He's such a lovable dog and that makes him part of the family. It's funny how whenever I don't feel well or I'm feeling ill, he does not leave my side. Like he knows I want him there.
      The nail polish thing because an addiction a few years ago. LOL. There just something so fun and relaxing at the same time about painting your nails. LOL. Wish I could buy all the polishes I want but for now I control myself. HaHa. Damn economy. LMAO.

      Delete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig