Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, March 21, 2014

Reader Swatches: Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Electro-Shock (from the Revlon Limited Edition Spiderman 2 Collection)

Apparently a LOT of you missed my post on the Revlon Limited Edition Electric Chrome (AKA Spiderman 2) Collection from a month ago, because this week in particular I have been tagged/tweeted/emailed like crazy with people asking if I've ever heard of this collection, and if I need photos for the blog. I want to thank each and every one of you for taking the time to share info about this one, but I BEG YOU to please always do a quick search on my blog before you take the time to share photos of collections. I may have already posted about the collection, and it always breaks my heart to see you take the time to share something with me that I can't feature here, because I've already done a post. I hate that so much, because I know it takes a lot of effort to share sightings. So again, please search before you send!

I'm guessing that since so many of you are spotting the Spiderman 2 Collection this week, it's now starting to appear in many, many drugstores across the country. Reader Sarah purchased the blue gloss (which was the item I was the most excited about when I blogged about this collection in February), and was nice enough to share a swatch with us. Take a look!

image credit: Sarah for Nouveau Cheap
Revlon Limited Edition Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Electro-Shock
from the Electric Chrome (Spiderman 2) Collection

 photo unnamed5.jpg
 image credit: Sarah for Nouveau Cheap
Electro-Shock

As you can see, this is not a pigmented blue gloss. It is sheer, but it does have some blue sparkle to it, if you look closely.

More swatches where you can see a bit more of the blue tint:
  • Reader @poindextermel on Instagram swatched this gloss as well, which you can see here.

Bottom line, don't pick this one up if you're hoping for a truly pigmented blue gloss. It could be nice to add some dimension to a lipstick, though.

 Have you purchased anything from the Spiderman 2 Collection? If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks again, Sarah, for the great pics and swatch!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. :-D Sorry for the e-mail, G! I have the memory capacity of a mayfly. I did get the red and blue nail polishes this morning, and looked at the blue gloss but skipped it because of the price!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up the 6 polishes, and they're especially pretty layered over black. I think Gwen's Crush and I'm Electro are my favorites!

    I was a little annoyed though, Revlon was supposed to be BOBO 5O% off, and the polishes didn't ring up that way! I pointed it out an they had to change it manually. I don't know if it was just my Walgreens or every store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting us know the details. I love the Revlon lip product for most of them do not have a smell and they last for a long time.

      Delete
  4. I just bought this lip gloss today and love it!!! I was not expecting it to look on the lips like it did in the tube. I had gotten a sample awhile back of IT Cosmetics News Anchor Blue lip gloss and the IT representative told me that the blue is to brighten your smile and whiten your teeth. The IT one is okay, but I think this one is much better. For starters, I could never get enough product out of the tube to cover my lips with the it one. The Revlon one is very easy to apply. The Revlon one does have more shimmer which maybe a turn off for some, but it's not gritty and I think a lip gloss like this can use some shimmer so that it doesn't get totally lost on your lips. Plus even though people don't think the Revlon one is pigmented, it's WAY more pigmented than the IT one. I honesty couldn't see the IT one at all once I put it on and the Revlon one gives a gorgeous finish that really makes the lips pop! Also, the IT one retails for$24 while the Revlon one is $7.99 in my area before coupons. Regardless if the price, I would pick the Revlon one over the IT one any day. I think Revlon did a great job with this lip gloss. I was so happy to see a product so comparable and even better to a high end product in the drugstore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I purchased this lipgloss as well as the other two in the collection and personally, I am happy they are sheer. This will look pretty layered over another color but I also tried it on the other day by itself and I thought it looked nice. It gives your lips some sparkle. Also, I'm a sucker for anything LE and that is an unusual color, so I had to buy it just for the weirdness factor! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! And I need this simply because I am a mom of boys and what boy mama doesn't need something Spidey in her handbag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good thing you posted this. I just found this display today and might've emailed you if not for this article. The nail polishes look really interesting, they all have a strong duochrome-type shimmer to them. Ie. they are mainly one color, but the shimmer is another. For instance, the pink one has a strong purple shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this. If you put it on there is a tint of blue to it, because i looked a bit dead haha. I think it would be great on top of lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I picked this up and put it down twice in the last few days. I just I need to google a swatch on the lips because I really want it and I just want to be justified by a photo!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig