Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, January 9, 2014

Spotted: NEW L'Oreal Youth Code Pore Vanisher

2014 is already shaping up to be the Year of the Face Primer when it comes to drugstore beauty, as we've seen many brands release face primers for 2014 and it's only January! What's interesting here is that, not only are we seeing face primers from traditional makeup brands (Maybelline Baby Skin and Rimmel Stay Matte Primer), but we're also seeing face primers from skincare brands (L'Oreal Miracle Blur and Garnier 5 Second Blur). What's most intriguing to me is that the primers being released by skincare brands have some claims that go beyond the promise of a primed face, so these new products are more along the lines of primer-skincare hybrids.

This brings me to the newest primer from L'Oreal, which just might have the boldest claim of all.

Many thanks to reader Allison (who writes NY Celebrity Beauty Secrets for Examiner.com) for this one. Allison spotted the new L'Oreal Youth Code Pore Vanisher at Walgreens this week and was nice enough to share some pics:

 image source: Allison for Nouveau Cheap
NEW L'Oreal Youth Code Pore Vanisher
(retail: $24.99)

Do you see the claim on this display?

Yes, you can diminish the look of pores, but actually shrink pores? I have never heard that this could be accomplished with a topical solution (Accutane can shrink oil glands and temporarily make pores appear smaller), and I've read a lot of literature by skincare experts in the past 20+ years. It's usually skincare experts who make a point of saying that the act of physically shrinking pores is impossible via topical solution, and that the best we can hope for is to diminish the look of large pores. So if these claims pan out, this is going to be an extremely revolutionary product, to say the least.

 image source: Allison for Nouveau Cheap
Instantly pores appear virtually vanished
In 1 month, shrink actual pore size

From the L'Oreal website:

What is Pore Vanisher™?

Pore Vanisher™ is a fresh, airy cream that instantly minimizes the look of pores and shrinks actual pore size in 1 month.

How does it work?

Pore Vanisher™ works on three dimensions to shrink pores: depth*, number and size. Instantly pores appear virtually vanished and skin feels hydrated. Perlite absorbs excess oil for an all-day, shine free, smooth finish. In one day LHA micro-exfoliates to visibly smooth skin’s surface. In one month pores begin to snap back into shape as our highest concentration of Perline-P strengthens and tightens pore walls to shrink actual pore size. 

When Should I Use It?

Apply as the last step in your skincare regimen, AM and PM. Can be used alone or under makeup.

Recommended Regimen:

STEP 1: CLEANSE L’OrĂ©al Paris Cleanser
STEP 2: TREAT Texture Perfector Serum Concentrate
STEP 3: MOISTURIZE Texture Perfector Day/Night Cream
STEP 4: FINISH Texture Perfector Pore Vanisher™ Cream

Formula Essentials
For all Skin Tones
Universal Tint
Suitable For Sensitive Skin
Non-Comedogenic
Dermatologist Tested

Ingredients:

DIMETHICONE • AQUA/ WATER • GLYCERIN • DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER • METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER • ISONONYL ISONONANOATE • ALCOHOL DENAT. • VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE • BORON NITRIDE • SILICA SILYLATE • PHENOXYETHANOL • PEG/PPG-18/ 18 DIMETHICONE • PERLITE • MAGNESIUM SULFATE • CAPRYLOYL SALICYLIC ACID • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • MENTHYL LACTATE • LENS ESCULENTA SEED EXTRACT/LENTIL SEED EXTRACT • BISABOLOL • PARFUM/ FRAGRANCE • DEXTRIN • DIMETHICONOL • CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/IRON OXIDES • CI 77891/ TITANIUM DIOXIDE • SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE • EPERUA FALCATA BARK EXTRACT • FARNESOL • LIMONENE • DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • CITRONELLOL • ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE

Needless to say, I must try this product, and you can be sure I'll post a full review after I have given it at least a full month's worth of testing. In the meantime, what do think of these new primer-skincare hybrids that are now hitting drugstores? Are you optimistic about their claims? Excited to try them?

Thanks so much, Allison, for the great sighting and pics!
SHARE:

26 comments

  1. Wow -- that is a big claim! I did not like L'Oreal's Miracle Blur that came out earlier this year at all as I felt it just sat on my skin and never fully absorbed. The main ingredient in it was dimethicone, and I see this product is the same. I just can't see putting that on my face at night before I go to bed as the directions suggest. Best of luck to you as you test it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walmarts display of this product had sample packets and this product is pretty unique. It looks like a normal lightly tinted silicone primer (maybe a bit thinner consistency) but when you rub it in I noticed a slight cooling affect. It felt like it was wet on my skin but there was absolutely no visible wetness, it was a bit of a surprise. It did a very nice job of smoothing out the look of the back of my hand and also had a very pleasant light scent. I'm actually really excited to purchase this now too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walmarts display of this product had sample packets and this product is pretty unique. It looks like a normal lightly tinted silicone primer (maybe a bit thinner consistency) but when you rub it in I noticed a slight cooling affect. It felt like it was wet on my skin but there was absolutely no visible wetness, it was a bit of a surprise. It did a very nice job of smoothing out the look of the back of my hand and also had a very pleasant light scent. I'm actually really excited to purchase this now too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walmarts display of this product had sample packets and this product is pretty unique. It looks like a normal lightly tinted silicone primer (maybe a bit thinner consistency) but when you rub it in I noticed a slight cooling affect. It felt like it was wet on my skin but there was absolutely no visible wetness, it was a bit of a surprise. It did a very nice job of smoothing out the look of the back of my hand and also had a very pleasant light scent. I'm actually really excited to purchase this now too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has a lot of alcohol denat which is very drying, a.k.a. aging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slightly off topic but capryloyl salicylic acid (LHA) is amazing stuff. My Garnier Pure Active cleanser contains this ingredient and it has done wonders to my acne skin. It's supposed provide deeper and more gentle exfoliation than normal salicylic acid. At the moment Loreal has the patent for this ingredient. Haven't seen any other company using this ingredient.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, this has menthyl lactate in it...no wonder the cooling effect. I won't put anything with menthol/peppermint on my skin. Don't know why companies insist on putting it in face products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Menthol gets rid of demodex mites which are at the heart of most skin problems and other problems as well. You will be very surprised if you look up info on the human demodex mite!

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. G, you are completely correct in saying that pores cannot physically be shrunk, just the appearance of them can. I think this is all hype and a good marketing department, nothing more. The average consumer will believe whatever is written on the box. I work in the cosmetics industry myself, and believe me, every customer wants a "quick fix" for their pores, lines, wrinkles, etc. and honestly, there is no magic potion. I will be anxious to see your review for this product for sure

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been told that you can never truly shrink your pore size. I think that claim is BS and like Christi, who mentioned alcohol denat, it's incredibly drying. I think I'm going to stay away from this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing can shrink pores. Not even cosmetic surgery, lasers, etc. Pore size is determinied by the elasticity of the ring of collagen around the pore, and a topical cream is going to do zilch for that. This claim is illegal, frankly. They could easily be cited for false advertising claims. Usually companies are a lot more careful with the "reduce the appearance of" stuff on wrinkles, etc. for this exact reason!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually use the whole youth code line - the ones in the pink bottle and was very impressed with the way it perfected my skins texture as those were huge claims! I know you can't reduce pore size but these product together have really helped my skin! I have oily, acneic skin and found these products helped me - including the new primer. I just love this line even if I'm not sure if any of the claims are scientific!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmm, I'd be all over it if it actually does what it claims! I hate my pores. Sounds too good to be true, but we'll see! I look forward to your review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The claims really work.. Though it doesn't shrink your pores permanently, it almost appears non existent temporarily and lasts all day. The consistency is the same as benefit porefessional it's flesh tone n creamy, non drying what so ever. But I like it better than the porefessional! And THAT was my HG. I have other loreal, two faced, benefit, n Laura geller primers (etc.) but this pore vanisher does the best at shrinking my pores.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The claim is "Shrink actual pore size in 1 month," not "looks good" or "feels nice" or whatever. Does seem like this would be illegal advertising.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is pretty expensive for a drugstore brand. I think at this price point I would keep buying the Smashbox primer.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My local CVS had free samples of this and I grabbed on on a whim. The ingredients are a lot like other dimethicone based pore filling primers. I highly doubt this will actually cause physical pore shrinkage since that's kind of impossible. It has a few ingredients I'm not all that fond of so I'm not sure I'll try it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bare Minerals pure transformation night treatment also claims to shrink pore size. But, I've used a number of jars of it and I never noticed a difference in my pores.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love love love this! I use the serum from this line and then this primer as a moisturizer every night and my skin is baby soft and my boyfriend thought I had face makeup on the other night because my skin looked that smooth. I had a ton of extra bucks and a 20% off coupon for CVS so I ended up getting this and a lipgloss for free.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I guess the BHA and AHA in this product would work as pore clearing and minimizing (although one should ALWAYS wear a high SPF over any BHA and AHA products since those two ingredients make the skin even more prone to sun damage). But yeah, shrinking pore size I think it's a bit gimmicky.

    ReplyDelete
  22. On one hand I think it's a ridiculous claim...on the other hand I'm SO curious to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't consider myself a skincare snob (loves me some oil cleansing method), but if I'm paying $25 for a primer, it ain't coming from no drugstore :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I noticed the word vanisher has a tm trademark symbol after it. It's a made up word so probably they can use it freely. That said, I tried the product and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I tried a sample packet and I have very oily skin in the t~zone. I am VERY picky and this felt amazing and did blur my pores a bit smaller. The finish was asoft almost bay powdery feel, which for me I truly enjoyed. It has now been 6 hours since I put it on and I can feel tat my skin is starting to get a TAD oily in the t-zone but visually still looks great. I AM buying this product. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig