Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, December 12, 2013

The new Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation has landed

Remember back in October when I mentioned that the new Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation, which has been available in the UK for a while, was finally on the Rimmel US website? Well I'm delighted to tell you that this new foundation has finally landed in the US!

Many thanks to reader Yamile for this sighting. Yamile just found this display at her local Kmart and was nice enough to share some pics with us. Take a look!

 image credit: Yamile for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation Collection at Kmart

Notice the $1 off tearpad coupons on the right!

So let's start from the left:

  image credit: Yamile for Nouveau Cheap

I believe these are the same Stay Matte powders that have been around for years, but there might be new shades here?

  image credit: Yamile for Nouveau Cheap

Notice that the new Stay Matte Primer on the right in the pic above. I didn't even know this one was coming to the US (it's been in the UK for a while). The primer is not yet on the Rimmel US website, so this is really new for us.

  image credit: Yamile for Nouveau Cheap

According to the Rimmel US website, there are eight shades in the Stay Matte Foundation range. You can see the shade names here.

 image credit: Yamile for Nouveau Cheap

Have you spotted the new Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation (and Primer) in your area yet? Do you think you'll give this one a try?

Thanks so much, Yamile, for the great sighting and pics. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I received a tube from Influenster a while back and I've been using it nonstop and LOVE it. I think I'll probably get a shade lighter than what they sent when I repurchase, but that aside I love it. I do hate how limited their shades are, but the formula is great. It's the rare mattifying but doesn't become dry and chalky texture and the coverage is lovely. It also doesn't settle in my pores, which sometimes feels like a gift from above when I find that in a foundation. All that blabbing aside, I think a lot of people are going to love it and should definitely try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also spotted this at kmart yesterday. I did a quick swatch and I really enjoyed the coverage, it reminds me of the Revlon Colorstay Whipped but not as heavy. I was in a rush so I didn't want to pick this up on impulse. I wanted to wait for reviews because Rimmel doesn't really have an impressive rep with their foundations :(

    But I did find the Revlon nail polish in Whimsical for $1.24! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have to say, though, that Rimmel's Match Perfection settles on and around my nose in the most perfect way. Not even higher end brands manage to not dissolve and get patchy on my nose. I LOVE that foundation with a passion, even though the color isn't quite right.

      Delete
  3. This looks really promising! I just hope they make a shade light enough for me, I'm paler and more pink than most drugstore brands carry :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsay - most times even the lightest foundations are still too dark for me. I bought the lightest shade of this at kmart (porcelain ivory I believe) and found it was actually TOO light!! I think it would work for you (it has a pink undertone too)

      Delete
  4. Do u know if there is any reviews ir demos of the primer and/or foundation ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got this foundation from Influenster and OMG I LOVE IT! It applies flawlessly, and lasts pretty well throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought it yesterday and I tested it today. It's a pretty good foundation- but not my new holy grail. I liked the coverage, but I feel that it could get cakey if you try to build it up. I wouldn't skip primer when using this foundation (large pores were a tad more visible than with liquid foundation) and I'd avoid it if you have dry patches. I think I'll use it if I have to run a quick errand and don't want to spend too much time getting ready.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got both the primer and foundation and LOVE them! May become HG material because my 40-ish combo skin is loving these, which is a feat in itself for anything matte :) I've been reaching for these over my higher end stuff all week since I found them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have this in ivory and even though the shade is a bit light i am using it for the winter and then using a slightly darker - neutrogena healthy skin makeup in honey beige as a bronzer contour. you can warm it up nicely and a little product goes a long way. skin on my nose stays mate for about 6 hours. with no powder needed to set it in the beginning. great travel size tube, no brush needed just your fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have very sensitive skin and can get very picky about what I wear as foundation. I have found this product to be amazing. The coverage is fantastic - very light and does not slip off as the day goes on. Also it does not irritate my skin. I highly recommend trying this product. Now I do want to see if I can find the primer!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig