Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, January 16, 2014

Spotted: L.A. Colors Mood Instinctive Lipgloss Collection

Many thanks to reader Lil Mickey (@mickey410bmore on Instagram) for this one! Lil Mickey spotted this L.A. Colors display at Rite Aid this week and shared a pic!

NOTE: If you don't live near a Rite Aid, these are also available on the Cherry Culture website and they're on sale right now for 40% off ($1.20).

image credit: Lil Mickey for Nouveau Cheap
L.A. Colors Mood Instictive Lipglosses in In The Mood, Mystique and Emotional
(retail: $1.99 each, 0.31 oz)

I know these aren't brand new (they've been spotted at other retails for a few months now). But they're still marked as "new" on the L.A. Colors website and they're definitely new to me!

What makes me excited about these is that I LOVED the other two mood glosses I used to own (this one by Black Radiance which was discontinued, and Gloss Blossoming by mark., which was also discontinued). As opposed to mood lipsticks which, in my opinion, are sometimes drying and a bit too pigmented, mood glosses are a bit softer and more forgiving. NYX makes mood glosses and so does Ruby Kisses, but the former is more than $1.99 and the latter is harder to find. So yay for a new, affordable mood gloss that comes in three shades and can be found at Rite Aid!

From the L.A. Colors website:

MOOD INSTINCTIVELY CHANGES
INFUSED WITH ALOE VERA
AVAILABLE IN 3 SHADES

Mood instinctively changes color based on your individual body chemistry. It is available in 3 shades: Clear, Shimmer White, & Shimmer Nude and changes to your very own shade of pink, transforming lips from drab to fab in just seconds. From light pink to fuchsia and every color in between, 'Mood' gives you a new look that is all your own. Infused with Aloe Vera, this nourishing lip gloss will leave your lips feeling soft while giving you the glam you look and crave.

Thanks so much for the great sighting and pic, Lil Mickey! I really appreciate it.
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. So wait, they all end up the same color, right? The only difference between each one is the original color? Or will the shimmer nude change to a different shade than clear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, they don't end up all the same color. They are clear (or clear-ish) when the come out of the tube, and if you look at the swatches in the Cherry Culture page I linked to in this post, you'll see what they turn into (although they'll adjust a bit depending on your "mood").

      Delete
  2. Reported about and have them . Nice formula.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you miss my comment to you on the LAST LA Girl post?? I apologized for missing your first comment, asked if you still wanted to send pics and told you how to do it (if you still wanted to). I never got anything from you so I figured you weren't still interested in sharing your pics of the palettes. :(

      Delete
    2. I surely did miss it. Not really an issue. I just figured that you may have certain ppl that you have report new items to you since I see the name a lot. :)

      Delete
    3. Oh gosh, EVERYONE is welcomed and encouraged to share pics! :) And again, if you would still like to share the palette pics I would love to see! :)

      Delete
  3. Fun fun! Will definately try to get one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw these at Smith's Marketplace (Kroger) ages ago! I was intrigued but they didn't have a price sticker on them and it seemed gimmicky :P Maybe I'll pick one up since they're so cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these look cool... the model on the promo freaks me out a bit though. is it just me or is she WAY too symmetrical and fake looking?

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are in the clearance bin at fred meyers. I got one to try and it has zero color :( very disappointed as I adored the old mark gloss too

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are in the clearance bin at fred meyers. I got one to try and it has zero color :( very disappointed as I adored the old mark gloss too

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig