Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, November 24, 2013

Review: Caress Limited Edition Silkening Body Wash in Enchanting Secret

I picked up this limited edition body wash from Caress about two weeks ago at Target (I have no idea how long this has been on the market or how long it will be in stores). I thought I better review it ASAP if it's a holiday-only type of thing, so that you have plenty of time to find it, if you're interested! I have only seen this at Target in my area, but if you've seen it elsewhere, please do let us know!

 Caress Limited Edition Silkening Body Wash in Enchanting Secret
(retail: around $4, 18 oz)

This body wash as a Mulberry Blossom & Midnight Woods fragrance:




The color of this body wash in the bottle is gorgeous:


And it's even more gorgeous outside of the bottle:



 Pink lather!


Unlike other colored body washes that turn white when you lather them up, this body wash obviously has so much dye in it (in order to get it that deep, rich berry color) that when you lather this product up, the lather is pink. When I use this in the shower, it looks like a strawberry milkshake exploded in my bathtub. For me, it's kind of fun to see so much pink lather everywhere. And for the record, this product does not stain. I'm currently using a white bath pouf and it has not stained my bath pouf pink, even after multiple uses.

The fragrance of this product is quite lovely. If you like Bath & Body Works Twilight Woods, I'm guessing you'll also like this. It's like Twilight Woods, but with a lovely, syrupy mulberry note. I was hoping it would be similar to the now-discontinued Bath & Body Works Sparkling Blackberry Woods, which I adore. It's not a dupe, but it's a nice complement to that fragrance. To my nose, it doesn't have that bright berry note (like Sparkling Blackberry Woods) but rather a deeper, richer, syrupy berry note. The fragrance in this body wash is pretty strong; not knock-your-socks-off-strong, but you will definitely have no issues with smelling it in your shower. The scent lingers on my skin for a little bit longer than other drugstore body washes, but it's pretty much gone within an hour of getting out of the shower.

The last body wash I used from Caress (I can't even remember which one it was) left my skin feeling a little bit dry and tight after I got out of the shower. I was hoping that this wouldn't be the case with this product, and I'm happy to report that it does not leave my skin feeling dry. My skin actually feels quite soft after I use this product--no dry, tight or itchy feeling. This body wash lathers easily and rinses cleanly, leaving no oily residue behind.

FINAL VERDICT: If you are already a fan of Caress, and you like Bath & Body Works Twilight Woods (or fragrances similar to Twilight Woods), then I think you'll probably enjoy this one. It's not a dupe for Bath & Body Works Sparkling Blackberry Woods, but I would consider it a "cousin" to that fragrance. The rich, syrupy mulberry note is a nice complement to the "midnight woods essence" in this formula, and I've been enjoying this body wash quite a bit since I purchased it. Remember that this one's limited edition, so look for it NOW if you're interested. Again, I found this at my local Target about two weeks ago, but I'm not sure if it's sold elsewhere.

Are you a Caress body wash fan? If so, have you tried this limited edition formula yet? 


The products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Ooh, I'll have to check this out the next time I'm at Target or Walmart. I LOVED Sparkling Blackberry Woods. Wish B&BW would bring it back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this from Target around March and when I used it up a few months later I was sad to see that it was limited edition and no longer at my Target. But then I was at Walmart about a month ago and found it there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, the name on this one makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got this at Walmart the other day, and when I used it, I was in LOVE. It's a definite winner, and I hope they consider keeping it around a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had seen this when I was hunting for the Softsoap ltd. I hope the Targets in my area carry it. I'm sure I will like it. I love Twilight Woods.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh the pink lather looks so nice!! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg....that's how I found your blog. I am in pursuit. Enchanting Secret is just that amazing. The fragrance, lather, color. The fact that I would never feel the need to spritz my favorite perfume before walking out, means that body wash is just that fragrant.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig