Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Lipstick League – week of 11.18.13


Lipstick Question of the Week:

What’s your current favorite BB cream? If you don’t have one, what’s your current favorite foundation?

G's answer: My current favorite is Lumene Vitamin C Anti-Age Illuminating BB Cream. It's the one I keep going back to on "lazy days" (I'm wearing it now, actually). When I don't want to apply moisturizer and I just want something that gives me some decent coverage and lasts all day, this one is totally dependable for me. I just wish it came in more shade options so that everyone could try it.

Links of the Week

Prime Beauty - is going GAGA for the bareMinerals Holiday 2013 Collection. Read her review of the Convertible Mix Master Palette and enter to win one of the holiday gift sets for yourself or a friend if you're feeling generous!

Phyrra - shows you a brand new way to get naked with the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette. It's rosy hued but has an edge!

we heart this - want to see the easiest and prettiest holiday manicure? Check out Revlon by Marchesa 3D Jewel Appliqués in Gilded Mosaic.

Clumps of Mascara - shares 4 reasons why you should get your teeth cleaned. After all, sparkling and healthy teeth are just as important as the lipstick on our lips.

Gouldylox Reviews - This will shock you, but I'm actually really, really happy with my skincare routine. Yup. The whole thing. It's a first!

My Beauty Bunny - We're thrilled UK fave SteamCream is coming to the USA! To celebrate we're giving away 5 Holiday Themed Tins, enough to stuff some stockings and keep a few for yourself.

Nouveau Cheap - Having a hard time keeping track of the beauty-related deals for Black Friday and Cyber Monday? I’ve got you covered (and I’m adding to these lists daily!).

Pink Sith - adores the new Lise Watier Palette Jardin de Givre Eyeshadows and Eyeliner, but she feels the shadows need individual names, and so she assigns them in typical Pink Sith fashion!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I suppose mine would be the Garnier BB Cream... it's not my holy grail or anything... I really haven't tried many to compare it to. I yet to try the "real" bb creams, but this one is nice... like a nice tinted moisturizer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Marcelle BB cream, a Canadian brand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garnier oil control BB in the summer, Covergirl tone rehab in the winter. The CGTR isn't "named" a BB, but they can't seem to make up their minds what it is.. first it was a foundation, then a CC cream... all I know is that it's the closest to what a BB is "supposed" to be like that I've found in the drugstore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rimmel London BB cream and I've wondered about the Lumene one and the Say Yes To Grapefruit(?).... Just want to finish this one up before getting another.... No buy going on over here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Skin79's Hot Pink Super Plus BB. it's the only BB cream I've used with good coverage and good oil control.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know u said bb cream but, my favorite Is lumene cc cream. I was using their bb but the cc covers so much more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. I have both and almost always reach for the CC over the other. I still need to set it with a powder though, and for that I use Palladio Natural Rice Dual wet&dry foundation. That Lumene CC works great as an alternative to concealer. I also like Jackie Oates from Lush, it's actually not marketed as a BB or CC, but a "colour supplement". It has tons of skin loving natural ingredients and works the way a BB is intended to.

      Delete
  7. I like the Revlon BB cream on a "lighter" day (when I don't need as much spackle) but now that the weather's colder I've been using more of that Cover Girl 3-in-1 foundation or the Wet n Wild Coverall foundation. Once some things are used up I want to try a CC cream or one of the newer rollouts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought a thick moisturizer for my face, I dab some of that and mix it with my L'Oreal True Match foundation and voila. It's really working for me... except on days when I have a really bad zit.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig