Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Review: Milani High Speed Fast Dry Nail Lacquer in Quick Teal

Continuing with Milani & Jordana Week on the blog, today I'd like to show you one of the new High Speed Fast Dry Nail Lacquers for 2013. Milani released some new shades in this range this year, so I'll be showing you a different color every day this week. But you know I had to start with the teal!

 Milani High Speed Fast Dry Nail Lacquer in 24 Quick Teal
(retail: $4.99, 0.45 oz)

 Three Free formula, made in the USA


The brush is flat and wide, but not as wide as the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure or Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro polishes (which should come as a relief to those who feel those brushes are too wide to work with). The edge of the brush is cut cleanly.

Two coats, no top coat:



This lovely teal was practically a one-coater and you could get away with one coat if you laid it on a bit thicker than I did. True to the label, The first coat dried in about a minute, and the second coat was dry to the touch in just a few minutes. 

What I love about Quick Teal is that it's slightly darker, deeper and richer than other teals in my collection. The formula is very easy to work with and it's not too thick or thin. I also love that it dries to a high-shine finish (the other teal creme by Milani, Fresh Teal from the Neon line, dries to almost a semi-matte finish).

FINAL VERDICT: I honestly don't have a single negative thing to say about this new shade from Milani. Almost perfectly opaque in one coat, very fast dry-time, an easy-to-work-with formula and an awesome shade of teal. This one's got it all, and it dries to a high-shine finish to boot. If you're a teal lover, this one might be worth snatching up--I can imagine it working quite nicely for stamping as well (though I haven't tried it with stamping...yet).

I've heard from some of you that you've spotted counter displays for the new High Speed Fast Dry Nail Lacquers at CVS over the past month or so, but I'm not sure yet if these new shades have made it to the permanent display yet. If you've seen them in the permanent display, please leave a comment and let us know (and thank you!). You can also purchase this polish via the Milani website.

Do you own any High Speed Fast Dry polishes? If so, what shades do you own and how do you like them?

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.Blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. How does the wear time fare for these? Most products I've tried that have the similar "quick dry" claim will chip just about as quickly on me, even if I use a great base and/or top coat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I have good luck with this formula when I skip top/base coat! Maybe try it that way if you see premature chipping with your top/base coat? I can go about three days before I start to see tip-wear/minor chipping when I skip top/base coat. Hope that helps!

      Delete
    2. Hmmm...worth a shot! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I need this in my life. From September until May, most of my manis include teal somehow (Go Sharks!) Good, ocean-y greenish-teals aren't really all that common as most drugstore teals lean more turquoise or just blue. I love Milani too, so I am going to have to pick this up ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please let me know what you think if you get it! :)

      Delete
  3. All nail polishes chip on me unless done by a professional. ..any advice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about finding the right combo. Not all top & base coats work well with all polishes and some polishes work better without a top or base coat! Maybe jot down the names of the top and base costs that your manicurist uses and try those at home (along with the same brand of polishes she used on you)?

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Agreed! :) And I think it's even prettier in person!

      Delete
  5. This is a VERY pretty color! I may have to go out and buy it, but I've never tried Milani's fast dry nail polish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please let me know what you think if you do? :)

      Delete
  6. This is such a pretty color!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Milani nail polishes are so underrated! I have picked up a few of them, and have been happy with all of them. Thank you for showing us this cute teal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Black Swift and I like it so far. Just picked up Flaming Race tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love teal anything. I just can't stop buying every shade of teal and blue I can find.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The milani high speed fast dry nail polish is at my local Dollar Tree right now. I almost bought this color!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig