Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Lipstick League – week of 5.6.13


Lipstick League Question of the Week

When it comes to grooming the brows, what’s your preference? Wax, tweeze or thread?

G's answer: If you were to ask me that about a year ago, I'd say waxing (with tweezing for maintenance . However, I've gotten kind of lazy with my at-home waxing and I basically have just been tweezing for probably the last year. I keep meaning to try threading but haven't done it...yet.

Links of the Week

Lipglossiping - isn’t entirely convinced by Clinique’s latest foray into the world of nail polish. Click through for the full story!

My Beauty Bunny - You may be up to your ears in beauty products, but what about your furry best friend? We’ve got a look at Pet Head, an edgy fashion-forward line of pet products.

Nouveau Cheap - What do you do when your favorite drugstore eyebrow pencil keeps getting harder and harder to find? If you’re me, you find a wonderful (and affordable) Japanese beauty product to take its place!

Pink Sith - tells you about the time she was arrested by the Fashion Police, but got released on her own recognizance thanks to her Stars Makeup Haven lip gloss in Jezebel.

Prime Beauty - gets the perfect bronze goddess look with the new Buxom Hot Escapes Bronzers--they even smell like the beach!

Phyrra - shares expert tips on How to Care for Natural Locks Hair!

Vampy Varnish - May is skin cancer awareness month so here is some info about prevention, risks, being pale and her favorite sunscreens!

we heart this - MAC Temperature Rising Nail Lacquers are a gorgeous glitter explosion on their own (Scorching Haute and Tropical) but wait until you see them mixed...

Beauty Junkies Unite - If you like lipsticks with insane color payoff, that still feel great on your lips---don't pass up these new lippies from BUXOM, the Full Bodied Lipsticks!

Clumps of Mascara - is in love with these new Clinique nail polishes. They totally knocked them out of the park!

EauMG - reviews a new French perfume that should inspire a spicy limoncello cocktail, Olfactive Studio Still Life.

Gouldylox Reviews - Natalie Maines may not be a style maven, but her latest look requires chutzpah. Like it or lump it?

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by Lipglossiping - The lovely Meg from Lips So Facto shares her top tips on how to DIY your own relaxing bath soak, a must-read for stressed-out sisters everywhere!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Tweezers. I have a lump under the front of my left brow that makes it very difficult to wax evenly. Yes, I have had it checked out by more than one doctor and other than being annoying it is harmless. I also find tweezers a lot less work since I almost always have to go back in with them after a wax to get everything it missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get them threaded then I keep them up for a month by tweeting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tweezing. Most of the stray hairs under my brows are white-blonde, so I don't need much maintenance, luckily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Threading!!! My technician has been in publications noting that she studied the art in Russia. She is the best. I don't even know how to tweeze.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wax mine - I have PCOS plus ethnic background that lends itself to unwanted facial hair (sigh). So I get my brows shaped and waxed when I get my face waxed, every four weeks. I do my underarms at the same time. I love my esthetician; she's the best and she makes my brows look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tweeze. It's kind of a lot of work to maintain my eyebrows that way, but I just spend a few minutes a day and they stay nice. I'm a bit ocd about getting those little hairs when they first start growing back.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig