Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, May 12, 2013

Spotted: NEW Almay Smart Shade CC Cream and Bronzers

I finally spotted the new Almay Smart Shade CC Cream and Bronzers the other day at Rite Aid and I have some pics to share with you. It's interesting that some drugstore brands have decided to skip the BB Creams altogether and head straight for the CC Creams (Wet n Wild and now Almay). Take a peek:

 Almay Smart Shade CC Cream and Bronzers at Rite Aid

Keep reading for more pics and info...


These CC Creams (Complexion Correctors) come in three "self-adjusting" shades: Light, Light/Medium and Medium. The packaging states that the formula contains broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection with SPF35.

There are also a new Smart Shade Powder Bronzer in this collection (same style as the Smart Shade Powder Blushes released a while back):


It's kind of hard to read the copy above so here's what it says:

What is a CC Cream?

Instantly: 
Covers imperfections flawlessly
Corrects discolorations

Over Time:
Brightens & evens natural skin tone
Helps prevent future damage with SPF 35

I still owe you reviews of the Wet n Wild CC Cream, as well as the Rimmel BB Cream and Yves Rocher BB Cream (I've been testing all three for quite some time but I've been waiting for the weather to get a bit warmer--which it is now--to see how they perform before writing my reviews). So in other words, my plate is full at the moment and I probably won't review this one for a while. Hopefully by the time I'm ready to take on another BB/CC Cream, there will be a good sale on this one!

Have you spotted/tried the new Almay CC Cream (or bronzers)? Thoughts?
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. "Ooooo, great shade range," she said sarcastically. Guess I won't be trying this product out lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still waiting for a drugstore company to produce a BB Cream or CC cream that is pale enough for my super-porcelain skin. So far, none of the Light shades of any of the available brands are light *enough*.

    That includes, Olay, Rimmel, Revlon, L'oreal, Aveeno, Maybelline, and Lumene. I've yet to see the Wet n' Wild one in stores (or this Almay one) but, I'm not going to hold my breath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lightest Wet n Wild coverall cream is REALLY light! It doesn't look light in the tube, but trust me, it's pale. Try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. I actually bought it thinking it would be the right color for me, but it was way too pale, and exchanged it for a darker shade.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the heads-up! I haven't seen the WnW BB cream in my area yet, but if it's super-light, then I'm definitely eager to try it!

      Delete
    3. I think it's called Wet n Wild Coverall Cream Foundation. I first bought it in Fair and it was so pale on me the only use I could see for myself was using it at Halloween to be a vampire or ghost.

      Delete
  4. I couldn't help but think, sarcastically, 'Wow, what a shade range' -- and one of these would actually work for me because I'm pale, but not porcelain pale. The lack of shade variety with many of these drugstore CC and BB rollouts is disappointing, however.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on the other end of the spectrum (nothing dark enough), but I feel your pain, Heidi!

      Delete
  5. I bought this in the lightest shade at Harmon a few weeks ago. It's awful. It made me skin look dry and left a terrible white cast. I was excited to see it had a relatively high spf but I found it to be unwearable. It also completely separated about a week after purchase and despite shaking and shaking I could not get it to blend together.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig