Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, May 17, 2013

Five Buck Friday (Instagram Followers Edition)

For this week's Five Buck Friday post, I thought I'd do something a little different! If you follow me on Instagram, then you might have noticed that, earlier today, I posted a message asking followers to tell me their favorite $1 or $2 drugstore products, and why they think they're great. I received dozens of responses and I selected some of my favorites to share with you here today. I selected these responses based on a few things:
  • Originality (products not already featured in past Five Buck Friday posts)
  • Explanation (why the product works for you)
So without further ado, here are my picks for this week's Five Buck Friday post, as chosen by my Instagram followers! As always, all of the products featured in this post will add up to $5 total:

e.l.f. Essential Wet Gloss Lash and Brow Clear Mascara, as chosen by @beautybykrystal (retail: $1 wherever e.l.f. is sold). @beautybykrystal writes: "It tames my bushy brows from morning till night, also locks in the color when I fill them. I never need to check in with my brows because they're always in place." 
Jordana Easyliner for Eyes in Purple Fusion, as chosen by @ashleyannechildersmakeup  (retail: $1.49 wherever Jordana is sold). @ashleyannechildresmakeup writes: "It's the best eyeliner I have ever used high or low end. It stays on so well and the color is perfect!" 
Bonne Bell Eye Mascara in Natural Clear, as chosen by @beautyninja ($2 wherever Bonne Bell is sold). @beautyninja writes: "I love Bonne Bell's clear mascara. It's approximately $2 and tames my crazy brows."
e.l.f. Essential Eyelid Primer, as chosen by @prettytoyaworld and @aquaheart (retail: $1 wherever e.l.f. is sold). @prettytoyaworld writes: "It's cheap, gets the job done and doubles as primer for my lips." @aquaheart writes: "So good and does exactly what you need from a primer. Helps eyeshadow stay put and is good for sensitive skin."

I went $0.49 over budget this week but I had a hard time narrowing it down! There were so many great responses--you can check them all out here!

Thanks so much to everyone who took the time to share a response, and I hope to do this again soon!  Next time I'll ask Facebook or Twitter followers to chime in, so if you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, start thinking about your responses!
SHARE:

2 comments

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig