Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, April 11, 2013

Spotted: The Rite Aid Nail Bar

Sorry for being MIA this week, but my little niece was visiting (she lives outside of the country so this was a very special visit!) so I haven't been doing anything blog-related since she got here. Yesterday we went to the zoo (I posted some pics on Instagram if you want to take a peek) and you know that her Auntie G. had to take her on a little shopping spree while she was here (Hello Kitty stuff, naturally!). I also gave her a "glitter skittles" manicure (different shades of glitter polish on each nail) that was so cute I'm kicking myself for not taking a pic of it to share with you. Being an auntie is one of the biggest joys of my life, and when you have the most beautiful little girl to spoil, who just happens to love nail polish, Hello Kitty and playing Go Fish, I can't help but put the rest of the world "on hold" whenever I'm with her.

Anyway, I'm back to blogging today but I hope you'll have patience with me as I try to catch up! I have so many things to post about today, so let's start with this exciting sighting from longtime reader Michele:

 image credit: Michele for Nouveau Cheap
Rite Aid Nail Bar

Nail bars aren't new (think CVS, Target, etc.) but this one at Rite Aid sure is! 

Keep reading for more pics (of both sides of the display)...

SIDE ONE (click to enlarge):

 image credit: Michele for Nouveau Cheap

Sinful Colors, Petites, Color Fever, Sally Hansen, Maybelline, Wet n Wild Fergie

SIDE TWO (click to enlarge):


Essie, more Sally Hansen, Chameleons, L'Oreal, Jessie's Girl

Most notably missing from this display  Revlon, Wet n Wild (Megalast, FastDry, Wild Shine) and Nicole by OPI. I also don't see Pretty Woman, Blue Cross, Hedy's Ma.nish.a, City Color or other polishes that are pretty exclusive to Rite Aid, but that's not surprising since we really only see seasonal displays from those brands at Rite Aid.

At any rate, I think it's nice that retailers are offering consumers nail bars like this now, because it makes it a lot easier to compare and contrast (and look for dupes) when most polishes are all in one place.

Thanks so much for the great sighting and pics, Michelle! 

Oh, and Michele said she spotted this Nail Bar at a new Rite Aid store in her area, so I'm not sure at this point if only newer stores will get one, or if all Rite Aid locations will eventually have a Nail Bar.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I hate nail bars with those bright lights, especially at Sephora. I have a theory they gunk up the polish faster. If it didn't have the lights, I'd be in LOVEEE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you on the bad lighting in Sephora! If the light shines up, it washes out the actual color of the polishes and all you can see is the light. They should really consider a new lighting system.

      Delete
  2. My Walmart has a new setup very similar to this, I did.t know it was called a nail bar. Neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. None of the Rite Aids I visit are new. So, it might be a while before I see one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if I'll enjoy this nail bar thing or not...

    But I have to give props to Rite Aid for being the first of the big three drugstores to take the nail nuts seriously. I seem to remember they were the first (and maybe the only) drugstore to have a nail art contest. (as opposed to a particular brand doing it.) Correct me if I am wrong, though.

    I flatter myself with the idea that it was my particular nail nuttiness at my particular RA that started all this...but then I wake up and realize that's probably not the case. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The one around here looks very different. I took this photo on Jan 26th. The lights give me a headache. I really hope they don't all do this. :\

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BBilMFgCQAEHuoN.jpg

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig