Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, March 2, 2013

Spotted: NYC City Shatter Collection

I can almost hear the collective sigh right now. Another drugstore crackle collection? Well the good news is that if you're still into crackles, there are some new affordable options coming your way. And if you're "over" crackles, then there's still good news! Two of the new NYC Long Wearing Nail Enamel shades are in this display, in case you haven't spotted THIS display yet.

Big thanks to reader Tara for these pics--Tara spotted this collection at her CVS recently:

image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap
New NYC City Shatter Collection

Keep reading for more pics and info...


image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap
 NYC Limited Edition Crack Me Up crackle polishes

 There are also four Long Wearing Nail Enamel shades in this collection. Two are existing shades:

image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap
French White Tip (white cream) 
Black Lace (black cream)

And there are also two of the NEW Long Wearing Nail Enamel shades in this display:

image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap
Fuchsia Glimmer (milky pink with pretty sparkles)
Midtown Mimosa (yellow crelly)

Now here's something interesting. Back when I showed you all of the new Long Wearing Nail Enamel shades, some of you theorized that the milky pink with sparkles shade above was actually named Pink Champagne, and that the fuchsia shade in this collection was called Fuchsia Glimmer. In other words, it looks like the labels may have accidentally been switched. I like that theory, considering that the shade above has no fuchsia to it at all. So I wonder if a large batch of these two shades have the labels switched around?

Have you spotted any of the new Long Wearing Nail Enamel shades in your area yet? If so, do you remember if the pink shade above was named Fuchsia Glimmer (or Pink Champagne)?

Thanks again, Tara, for the great sighting and pics!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I commented before and said the names were switched. The website proves our theory is correct. Anyway, the two new shades are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah, thank you so much, Michelle!! :)

      Delete
  2. Mine is actually labeled Fushia Glamour, not glimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am wayyy over crackle polishes. Would have expected something a bit newer from NYC. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spotted and picked up three of the four crackle polishes (the red, blue, and purple) two months ago in a clearance bin at Target. Didn't realize Target was ahead of the game. They were 99 cents a piece (since they're a part of the Long Wear line).

    The crackles are also all dupes for the crackle polishes Sally Hansen discontinued last year (Cherry Smash, Distressed Denim, Vintage Violet and Antiqued Gold), so they'd make a good replacement if any of those polishes were lemmings (as all four of them were for me)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even my 4 year old is over crackles! I'm very disappointed--I expected more. The pale pink is pretty, even of the name is wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are at least affordable, but I'm a bit over Crackles. I barely use the ones I have now. I'm glad the new 99-cent shades are making their way into more stores. I found them at Meijer, but most were very similar to ones I already have: Rock the Party is very similar to WnW's Gray's Anatomy, for example. But if you don't have them, they're worth taking advantage of at that great price.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish we could have gotten that awesome Sephora OPI polish that dried with circles breaking open instead of just cracking apart. But they only made it in Europe. WHYYYYY?? Some other line should jump on that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still not over crackles. I love me some effects on my nails. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the crackles! I only have a couple of the OPI ones, but I think I'm going to check this collection out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw these and actually thought that NYC was late to the party.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig