Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, December 28, 2012

Spotted: Eight new NYC Long Wearing Nail Enamel shades

It has been forever since NYC released new shades in their 99-cent Long Wearing Nail Enamel range but when you see these new colors, I think you'll agree it was worth the wait!

I'm delighted to tell you that reader Tara spotted EIGHT new shades in a display called Color Burst! at her local CVS. Tara was nice enough to share pics and include descriptions of each shade for us.

Note: I believe these are new permanent additions to the Long Wearing Nail Enamel range, as there is no indication on the display or the bottles themselves that these are limited edition.

image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap
New NYC Color Burst! Long Wearing Nail Enamel Collection
(retail: $0.99 each at CVS)

Keep reading for bottle shots and shade descriptions...

 image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap 

image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap 

Tara writes:

 
image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap  
Boat Basin:  rich blue cream

image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap 
Fuchsia Glamour:  very light grayed pink with delicate colorful sparkles (photo doesn't show sparkles unfortunately)

 
image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap  
Midtown Mimosa:  bright yellow cream

image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap 
 Pink Bling:  fine glitter blend of various pinks

image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap 
 Pink Champagne:  vibrant fuchsia with strong pink shimmer

image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap 
 Preppy Pink:  bright salmon pink cream

image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap 

Rock The Party:  deep olive green with strong pinky-purple duochrome


image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap 
Skyline Blue:  very light slightly grayed pastel blue with delicate sparkles (photo doesn't show sparkles unfortunately)

Um, a pale sky blue with delicate sparkles? A deep olive green with pinky-purple duochrome? For $0.99 each? YES, PLEASE! I'm a HUGE fan of Borgehese Stellare Notte (I covet the one bottle I own), and Rock The Party sort of seems like a green version of this shade. *does a happy dance*

Have you spotted these new NYC polishes in your area yet? Thoughts? I'm thinking they'll surface at Rite Aid and Kmart soon (and the same goes for the new NYC lip colors and eyeshadow trios).

Thanks so much, Tara, for all the great pics and shade descriptions (and new lemmings)!
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Ummm, anyone else thinking what I'm thinking regarding "Fuschia Glamour" and "Pink Champagne"??? Ooopsie in the factory, maybe? Ha! They clearly switched the bottles/labels on these two. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there was a mishap too. NYC's website says the light pink one is Pink Champagne while the reddish one with a pink flash is Fuchsia Glamour. Regardless, both look beautiful!

      Delete
  2. Aaahhhh!!! THANK YOU NYC!!! Skyline Blue and Fuchsia Glamour will be mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the Skyline Blue one in store, it looks like Cinderella from Sinful Colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rock the Party, Skyline Blue and Fuschia Glamour look like they should be added to my nail collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want all of them! At 99 cents I can lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh! Rock the Party looks like it may be a dupe or close cousin of one of my treasured polishes: a loooong since discontinued Revlon called Khaki-ZING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I hope the duochrome in Rock the Party shows up well on the nail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait for these! At .99 there is no reason not to get a bunch! Thanks for the great information!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's about time NYC released new colors of the long wearing polishes! I hope these come to Rite Aid. If so, Rock the Party and Skyline will be mine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. where can i find these in chicago? My CVS doesn't carry NYC and my Target never restocks them
    =(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have begun to hunt for these, and since I don't have access to a CVS I was wondering if anyone has found that these have shown up anywhere else? So far I have come up with nothing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found these at Kmart today. I thought I'd share if your still looking and have access to Kmart. They also had some new rimmel minis I'd never seen for $1.99.

      Delete
  12. Target's got these!!!! I picked up the "pink champagne" and thought, it's my most favorite of them all but I would change the name.

    Reading this made me giggle! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. picked up skyline blue & preppy pink today, both are gorgeous for spring/summer!!:))

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig