Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, January 10, 2013

Spotted: Revlon Girly and Heavenly in the permenent wall display

There's a "rule" that I heard a while back that I've repeated a few times here on the blog: if a new nail color from Revlon has a number assigned to it (on the top of the bottle, right next to the shade name) that means it's a going to be a permanent addition to the core line. I have found this to be 100% true over the years, and I actually just spotted both Girly and Heavenly at Rite Aid the other day (part of the new Bubblegum Days/Urban Nights Collection).  

Granted, there were no slots assigned to these new shades (yet), but there were mulitple bottles of each:


Revlon Girly is actually shade 260 per my review, but this display does not yet have a slot for it, so it was placed in slot 261.

Keep reading for more info...


Revlon Heavenly is actually shade 770 per my review, but it doesn't have a slot yet either, so it was placed in slot 089 (probably a slot that didn't contain any existing inventory).

I would expect that all of the polishes in the Bubblegum Days/Urban Nights Collection will be popping up in the core displays soon (if you haven't already noticed them), but I know that Girly and Heavenly are in high demand so I just wanted to give you this heads-up. Start looking for them in the permanent wall displays!

One more thing:


Ever since my original review of Revlon Whimsical back in December of 2011 (probably one of the first milky glitters I ever saw at the drugstore and still a personal favorite), I have heard from many readers who have never been able to find this shade at their drugstores. So I thought I'd share a picture to prove once and for all that Whimsical IS part of the permanent wall display and can be found at Rite Aid. If you haven't been able to find it locally at CVS or Walgreens (I haven't actually looked for it there so I don't know how easily available it is at those chains), I would suggest trying other stores (maybe Kmart, Target, grocery stores, etc. if you don't live near a Rite Aid). It's definitely a core-collection shade!

Hope that helps!
SHARE:

25 comments

  1. I NEED girly.
    Hopefully I can find it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, thanks for this post! I'm so going to Rite Aid :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am beyond excited about this!!

    Also, Whimsical, along with Popular (Starry Pink), Scandalous (Facets of Fuschia dupe), Sparkling, and Radiant (next to Whimsical in ur photo) are all available at my Publix in Boca Raton. I don't know if any S Floridians were looking, but there ya go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only place I've seen Whimsical is in Ulta, but they always have a ton of it, so that's another good place to look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, only place I've found it is at Ulta in their core display. I scaled the wall in Walgreens last month to get the Bubblegum Days Urban Nights display off the top shelf. I had to have Girly and Heavenly!

      Delete
  5. Whoops!
    Scandalous (Formerly Known As Facets of Fuschia / Bad Romance dupe)**

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are these at CVS? I've only seen Girly at Rite Aid, maybe at Walgreens, but I have $11 in CVS bucks that would be very happy to be exchanged for nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have girly and heavenly which I got at walgreens... Still on the hunt for whimsical.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen Whimsical anywhere except Kmart. A lot of people will miss out on these if they're only to be had in Rite Aid or Kmart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually can go for Girly,sunshine sparkle,whimsical,and radiant.They all look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I picked up my whimsical a few weeks ago at Shopko after hunting for months at drugstores for it. I saw it at ulta about a week ago also, just an FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I picked up my whimsical a few weeks ago at Shopko after hunting for months at drugstores for it. I saw it at ulta about a week ago also, just an FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yesss, thanks for the info G! I want to get Girly and Heavenly!

    I got Whimsical from my local CVS a while ago too. I like it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw Whimsical at Ulta (not one of my regular stores) in the spring before G "told" me I had to have it. I finally found it at Rite Aid a couple of months ago. I have to add Girly and Heavenly to my collection.

    Has anyone seen the new sparkly Revlon enamels, Heart of Gold FX (901) and Celestial FX (902)? I found them at CVS. Heart of Gold is gold glitter with "mirrored" hearts. (I'm not the best at describing enamel.) Celestial is silver glitter with "mirrored" diamonds, stars, and moons. I had to have them. G may have mentioned them, but I cannot search at the moment. (mobile)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was in Walmart today (in Canada!) and I happened to spy the Revlon rep putting out new stock (I snagged two of Girly and Heavenly) and she told me that as far as she knows, they are permanent for now. She had to allot space for them and everything. I'm just so glad I was finally able to find them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm from Southern Ontario Canada and I saw Girly, Heavenly and the new black glittery shade in the perm display now as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ive seen whimsical ar ulta and HEB

    ReplyDelete
  17. I actually found Girly on a display at Bed Bath and Beyond! That's my new favorite place for drugstore brands. They probably have Whimsical, too. They have a whole wall of Nail Polish and related products!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I picked up Girly at Meijer last weekend. They also have Whimsical there as well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. One of my local Walmarts had the whole Bubblegum Days/Urban Nights collection as well as the Cosmic FX ones (don't remember set name) in with the regular Revlon Display. I thought they had their accurate labels on the slots, but I don't recall.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I always see Whimsical at the drugstore! Rite Aid, CVS, etc. Great shade but mine turned sort of yellowish in the bottle rather quickly..? strange. Glad the fabulous new glitters are permanent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I purchased Girly a few weeks ago and was disappointed in the thick, gooey, take forever to dry texture. I am very pleased with the milky glitters from Blue Cross ( found @ Rite-Aid) I believe they are from a collection named Holiday Lights. I have the lavender and the DL Candy Shoppe dupe...love em both!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was dumb enough to grab both of these at full price last week from the Bubblegum/Urban display, even though part of me knew that they'd become permanent colors. I knew I should have just waited for a sale. I payed $12 for 2 Revlon polishes. Go me. Lol. If only Revlon would make the Celestial Fx shade part of the permanent Top Speed line then I'd really be happy. Also they should make those lmt.ed. holiday 2012 shades permanent too, I missed out on those and am now feeling butthurt.............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just at my local Walmart today and they've revamped the Revlon polish section. Celestial FX and Hearts of Gold FX are now core. For anyone that missed out on the limited edition Sparkle Aplenty, I believe it's core now renamed as Ritzy. Our Walmart never carried the Top Speed line but now they do, with new colors added.

      Delete
    2. I was at my local Walmart today and they've revamped the Revlon section. Celestial FX and Hearts of Gold FX are now core. If you missed out on the limited edition Sparkle Aplenty, it appeared to be core now renamed Ritzy (I think that's the name, but I did see it). Our Walmart never carried the Top Speed line but now it's there with brand new colors added.

      Delete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig