Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, October 4, 2012

(UPDATED) Spotted: New Revlon PhotoReady Primer + Shadow Palettes

Here's part two of the new Revlon products spotted by reader Abby (click here to see the Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipsticks). Abby spotted the new Revlon PhotoReady Primer + Shadow Palettes at her local Bed, Bath & Beyond and was nice enough to share:

image credit: Abby for Nouveau Cheap
New Revlon PhotoReady Primer + Shadow Palettes

"Limitless Looks
One Palette
No Guesswork"

More pics, info and swatches after the jump...

I enlarged the bottom portion of the display so that you could see additional product info:

image credit: Abby for Nouveau Cheap

UPDATE: Thanks to reader Amelania, I can now confirm that the pan on the bottom left is the primer, and the smaller pan on the right is the Sparkle Top Coat. I previously stated that both of these shades were "Sparkle Top Coats" because the white shade (as you will see below) has color and iridescence to it (it actually looks duochrome-y).

Abby was nice enough to share photos and swatches of the palette she purchased:

image credit: Abby for Nouveau Cheap
 Revlon Photoready Primer + Shadow in 520 Watercolors


 image credit: Abby for Nouveau Cheap

Notice how the primer looks like a pinky-violet iridescent duochrome when swatched on the skin. I'm very interested to see how this functions as primer, and how it may or may not interfere with the colors of the eyeshadows themselves. As for the actual Shadow Trio, I have to say that the color payoff looks impressive. I'm a sucker for taupes and that swatch on the far right is calling my name.

Thanks so much, Abby, for the great sightings, pics and info. I really appreciate it!

Have you spotted the new PhotoReady Primer + Shadow palettes in your area yet? Thoughts?

PS: And just to confirm, these palettes appear to be new additions to the permanent collection, so I'm pretty sure they're not limited edition.
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. Bed, Bath and Beyond is one of my favorite places to buy makeup! How much are these going for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure yet, TIffany. Sorry!

      Delete
    2. They were $7.99 at my BB&B, but if you sign up for their email updates, you get a 20% off one item coupon.

      Delete
  2. I just actually purchased two of these palettes the other day, and according to the "instructions" on the back of the package, the larger square (rectangle? lol) is actually the primer that you are supposed to apply all over eye area, and the small square is the sparkle topcoat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm going to update the post right now! :)

      And how weird that the primer has such a color/finish to it, huh?

      Delete
  3. These look awesome.. I probably won't like the price tag though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm sure I'll be waiting for a sale before I pick some up. :)

      Delete
  4. It looks to me based on the display that the left bottom shadow (lightest shade)is the "primer" and the bottom right (peachy pink)is the sparkle top coat. I'm really curious as to the formula of the primer. Can we expect a review on these?? :)I'd love to see one! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Amelania above just confirmed that--I'm going to update my post now!

      I will definitely review at least one of thee when I spot them in person. Thanks for asking! :)

      Delete
  5. The eye design reminds me of those cheap eye palettes that cone out around the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW these are really pretty, I want to try them out now ^_^ Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just saw these and the primers on each one was a little different because the color finish of the primer is suppose to compliment the shades of the certain shadows in each palette.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The primer definitely looks like an eyeshadow "base" since it has that color.

    I can't be the only one that noticed they have on to "try" OMG yes a tester at the drugstore! Jumping for joy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! The tester is my new favorite trend! I was wondering if the primer was an iridescent cream like the Almay Wake Up palates. I was just thinking that I was disappointed by the tiny Fall Shanghai collection and then BAM mega releases from Revlon. I'm so excited!

      Delete
  9. I saw these today. The primer base is actually a powder, just like the others in the palette. There is a palette available as a tester, yes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw these as well, and in all honesty going to pass!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig