Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Spotted: new products, holiday gift sets and limited edition goodies

'Tis the season for holiday gift sets at the drugstores, which means we all need to start looking up to the tippy top shelves in the beauty area and elsewhere to find not only gift sets, but also new product/limited edition displays. This time of year, the "new product area" in most drugstores gets flooded with gift sets, which means the regular new product counter displays often get relegated to the top shelves in other areas of the drugstore (haircare, body care, etc.). My advice: look everywhere when you're looking for new drugstore products between now and January. Look as high up as you can, and also as low as you can, because you never know where these products could be lurking at your local drugstores.

PS: And don't forget end caps and side caps! A few years ago I was looking for some holiday lip balms and found them on a side cap in the bread aisle! You just never know...

That said, let's take a look at what some lovely readers have spotted recently at their drugstores...

 image credit: Cristina for Nouveau Cheap

Reader Cristina spotted these cute penguin-themed holiday beauty tools from Revlon at her local Duane Reade in NYC (Duane Reade is owned by Walgreens, which means we'll probably see these at Walgreens as well).
Cristina writes:
The first set is miniature nail files, the second is a Crazy Shine mini duo and then a travel sized tweezer duo. 

image credit: Cristina for Nouveau Cheap

Lots of additional sightings from Walgreens, after the jump...

Next up, reader Brie of Simply Thrifty Nails spotted lots and lots of new products at her local Walgreens:

image credit: Brie for Nouveau Cheap

When I reviewed the eos Limited Edition Alice in Wonderland trio back in September (click here for my full review), I mentioned that this trio was initially going to be sold at Target and then in November it was scheduled to debut at Walgreens and Ulta. Well, it landed at Walgreens EARLY! So if you weren't able to find it at Target a while back, check your local Walgreens asap! PS: I've heard from several other readers who have also spotted this at Walgreens recently.

image credit: Brie for Nouveau Cheap

Speaking of lip balm, Chapstick has two LE flavors for the holidays: Apple Cider and Candy Cane (notice these are on a side cap!).

image credit: Brie for Nouveau Cheap

The Sally Hansen Insta Gel Strips have also landed at Walgreens (I believe some of you have spotted the Insta Gel polishes too). For all the details about these new products, check out my post here.

 image credit: Brie for Nouveau Cheap

New Kiss Nail Dress designs (with a coupon tear-pad!) and check this out:

 image credit: Brie for Nouveau Cheap

You now have the option to use these strips in one of two ways: either as a full design or a French tip. Neat!

 image credit: Brie for Nouveau Cheap

Lots of e.l.f. kits.

 image credit: Brie for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: Brie for Nouveau Cheap

Lots of Profusion kits.
(Much more on the kits above in my next blog post.)

 image credit: Brie for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: Brie for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: Brie for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: Brie for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: Brie for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: Brie for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: Brie for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Brie for Nouveau Cheap

Burt's Bees holiday sets.

image credit: Brie for Nouveau Cheap

Hello Kitty sets.

Thanks so much, Brie and Cristina, for the awesome sightings and pics! There's so much popping up at the drugstores these days that I could never keep it all straight without your contributions. I appreciate it so much!

Have you spotted any of these goodies at your local drugstores lately? Please check back soon for my post about those Profusion kits mentioned above!
SHARE:

26 comments

  1. I spotted the Burt's Bees gift sets and a huge end cap of the usual e.l.f. gift sets at Target today. So they are beginning to appear there also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed out on the elf natural eye palette last year, so I'm definitely picking that one up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know elf was sold in walgreens... also i remember you reviewed one of the elf palettes now I have to find it and read it :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I checked Ulta.com and you can buy the Alice in wonderland eos set for 7.99 instead of 9.99

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could you please do a review on the Elf Brushes or one of the big Elf palettes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wanted to let you know that I've had Elf brushes for 4 years and love them. They are just now starting to get a bit old. Not the best quality brushes but well worth the $1 a piece.

      Delete
    2. I got these ELF brushes last December and love them! They are a great value for the cost. I have several ELF palettes from last year and still love them. For the money they are a bargain and I am content with the quality and variety they offer. I even bought palettes some to give as gifts.

      Delete
  6. I saw the Sally Hansen gel lamp and polishes at WAG. Does anyone own this? It seems like it would be a long process to do one nail at a time. I think I am going to purchase the SensatioNail (or whatever it is called) instead. Hopefully you can use SH polishes with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm picky about my lip balms (I bought at least ten till I found one I liked) but I had to pick up that Apple Cider Chap stick. I'm glad I did! It smells just like mulled cider and tastes like apples. I'll be grabbing myself a second stick next time I see them, I think I'm addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh boo my comment disappeared when I was trying to log in to post it but basically: I LOVE the new apple Cider Chap Stick! It's a bit heavy for my tastes but it smells like mulling spices and tastes like apples, what's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, HK sets?! I've got to find these (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen several of these, they are mostly up high at drugstore I've been to. I also saw a Wet n Wild holiday set with several mini products - I took a picture to send to you, but forgot to send it - will send now!

    Oh, and I also saw sets of 4 mini Sally Hansen nail polishes, there were three different sets - $5 per set. The sets are Gem Crush polishes, Insta-Dry polishes, and Xtreme Wear polishes. Spotted at Walgreens.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got the elf ( I'm almost certain it's in "warm") 32-shade palette shown in the pic above, and, first off, it's different shades than the previous warm and the new shades are amazing .. As always with elf, there are a few duds, but most are buttery smooth & super pigmented! There is one periwinkle blue in particular that I juxtaposed with a similar Dior color I have and there is alot if sinilarities in color & consistancey! I own all of these 32 pan palettes and have got to say that , in my opinion, Each one is an improvement on the last! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also saw in wags these cute little stocking stuffers For $2.99.. Each had three mini products and they came in a little clear bag.. I bought the nails one for my sister for Xmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. just saw a couple wet n wild sets in riteaid. one is just 10 mini polishes for 4.99 and the other is called hollywood glam w an eyeshadow trio, blush,nail polish, lipstick and mascara for 9.99 i have pics if anyone wants.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So excited for penguins! Those are adorable. Will definitely need to pick those up. Thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you soooooo much for this blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My daughter is going to be all over the hello kitty ones! I hope they are a little better quality than the ones sold at Target though.. those were really disappointing, even for her.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I got the apple cider Chapstick and love it! I don't really smell apple in it, but the spices are strong- it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for posting my photo!! I always feel like a celebrity when you post my inof lol

    I'm a dork but I love your blog G, thanks for all you do! I'll continue to send you info that I haven't seen posts on as a way to say "thanks" for all the awesome info you've shared

    ReplyDelete
  19. My Nanny picked up the Chapstick Candy Cane for me last year at Walmart, and I LOVE it! I'll be picking up another one this year if I can find it, and I'd love to try out the apple cider one as well ; )

    ReplyDelete
  20. That large elf palette was in my Wags today but was $15 :-( I'm in N. CA

    ReplyDelete
  21. I believe Super Targets still carry the Alice in Wonderland set if you guys have any around. I haven't touched mine though! XD I may check out the Burt's Bees holiday stuff since I been lovin' my Pink Grapefruit lip balm from Burt's. And what's exactly in the Hello Kitty set? I am lovin' the idea of knowing and finding!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I saw the Chapstick Apple Cider, Chocolate Truffle, and Candy Cane Flavors at Walmart today at the checkout. They weren't in any special display just stuck in with the regular and cherry flavors.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig