Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, October 19, 2012

Five Buck Friday (Hidden Gems Edition)


I got my computer fixed just in time to bring you another installment of Five Buck Friday! I've got some Nouveau Cheap-approved hidden gems to share with you his week, so let's get started.

Five Buck Friday fun, after the jump...

Jordana Glitter Rocks Retractable Eyeliners ($2.99 each at Walgreens (in-store) and the Jordana website). I love every single shade in this range because not only are these liners convenient (no sharpening) but they also last longer on my eyes than probably 90% of the retractable liners I own. They are a serious hidden gem that I rarely hear anybody talk about (why??). They go on smoothly with no tugging or pulling, they have great pigmentation and the glitter is not super chunky but it's visible, which is nice (don't you hate it when you can't see the shimmer/glitter in a glittery eyeliner?). Love these.

NYC In a New York Color Minute nail polish in Canal Street (retail: $1.99 wherever NYC cosmetics are sold). Here's another one that I rarely hear anyone talk about. Canal Street has to be one of the prettiest fall nail colors I own. It's perfectly opaque in two coats and well, just look at these pics and you'll see what I mean. It's stunning. By the way, I was scared that this shade might have been discontinued but it's still listed on the NYC website. I've also spotted it at Dollar Tree so check there if you can't find it at the drugstore.

There you have it: two hidden gems that will set you back a grand total of five bucks. Hope you're having a wonderful Friday!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. So happy you could get this up! I need to find that polish, its amazing!
    Peg~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally forgot about those Jordana eyeliners, I used to have the purple one but I have no idea where it is now! Haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy I do need to check these out! I don't have either. I wonder if the glitter in the liner travels into the eyes. What are your thoughts G.?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks..I was waiting for your post..<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Canal street is GORGEOUS! I will keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried the Jordana liner. I will have to see if my Kmart carries them in their display.

    NYC Canal Street looks like a lovely polish for fall. I don't recall seeing it in any of the displays, so I'm on a hunt now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep meaning to get Canal St, mostly because both of my parents worked there years ago, but when I went to buy it recently, my Rite Aid didn't have it either. Hope I can find it, because it really is a pretty brown and it would be perfect for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa, never gave Jordana pencil liners a glance but now I'll def pick one of those up! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I used to live in NYC, a few blocks from Canal St! I must get my paws on this polish. East Village is actually the section of NYC I lived in; I want that, too.

    Thank you so much, G. I'd never think to give this polish line a second look before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the In A New York Color Minute polishes. Such great quality for the price.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! I really look forward to the five buck Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Was NYC Canal Street a limited edition color?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig