Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My Haul of the Year from Rite Aid

Here's an example of why it really pays to roam the aisles of your local drugstores. Sometimes you can find things on clearance that aren't located in the beauty department and, when you do, you can sometimes win the lottery (figuratively speaking, of course).

This has GOT to be the best Rite Aid clearance haul I've done this year, and I found all of these items on a clearance end-cap far away from the beauty department! I can't keep it to myself any longer so here we go:

Want to guess how much I paid out of pocket for the following items?


First, let's add up the full retail price of each item:

$7.59 x2 for the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure polishes 

$8 x 3 for the Essie polishes

$9.79 for the Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips

$2.99 for the (not visible) Crayola nail stencils

$5.99 for the Crayola Nail Art Pen

Grand total for this haul (retail value):   
 $57.95

BUT WHAT DID I PAY FOR THIS HAUL?

Well let's turn around each item to reveal the CLEARANCE price tags:


The total for this haul was actually:
$14.50

BUT IT GETS BETTER: I also had coupons and +UP Rewards!

  • I happened to have a $2 off Essie coupon that Rite Aid sent via email (check your emails, Wellness+ members! You may have received it too--reader Nina just left a comment on the You Tell Me page saying she just got it as well.)
  • I also had two $1 off Sally Hansen nail color coupons in my purse.
  • AND, I had $2 in +UP Rewards from some previous purchases I made last week.

So after coupons and +UP Rewards, my grand total for this haul: 
$8.50
(For $57.95 worth of products! Whaaat?)

That's less than the retail price of just ONE Sally Hansen Salon Effects!

Even though YOU may not be able to find the exact items featured in my haul at YOUR local drugstores, you CAN have hauls similar to this! All it takes is a little planning: when I post about coupons, print them out and tuck them away in your purse. You NEVER know when you might need them. Also, print out coupons that retailers send via email, grab a few coupons in-store when you see them on new product displays, and always hold on to your store rewards (Extra Bucks, +UP Rewards, Register Rewards) if you don't use them immediately. 

The goal is to be well-prepared in case of a "clearance emergency". So keep coupons for brands you know you love in your purse, along with any store rewards you may have, so that you can whip those babies out exactly when you need them most!

In case you'd like a closer look at the items I purchased, here you go:


Sally Hansen Himalayan Blue and Ballet Rouges are both Limited Edition shades from the Fall 2011 Designer Collection Series. You can see swatches of both shades here

Essie Camera is from the Limited Edition Summer 2012 Poppy Razzi collection. My camera turned this shade orange, but in real life it is a bright hot-pink-coral. You can see swatches of it here.

Essie Bordeaux is a core collection shade that (I believe) was first introduced in 2003. You can see swatches of it here (yum....red jelly!). 

Essie Lollipop is a core collection shade that was originally introduced in the Winter 2009 Sweet Time of the Year collection. You can see swatches of it here.

Ever since November of 2011, when Sally Hansen released that wave of new Salon Effects designs, I've been wanting Tri-Bal It On. So happy to finally have it! (You can see my full review of Sally Hansen Salon Effect Real Nail Polish Strips here.)

And ever since I first blogged about the Crayola collection back in April of 2011 (wow, has it really been over a YEAR since that post??), I've been wanting to try a few things from this line. I'm so happy to have gotten them at such a discounted price.

Do you already own any of the products featured in this post? Have YOU scored a great deal on clearance items lately? I'd love to hear all about it!
SHARE:

23 comments

  1. That's amazing! I wish we had Rite Aid in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!!!! I will run to rite aid today. Which aisle did u find the clearance items???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is an amazing haul! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you could be on tv and do a show for this! like those grocery budgeting shows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!!! I'm going to be checking out my rite aid tomorrow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow great haul.i wonder why camera was already in the clearance section? thats a fairly new collection and its a summer shade

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you did a 'reveal' of the clearance price. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. omggg i wish we had such good clearance things like that here in australia!

    i remember going to rite aid when i was in los angeles and everything was so much cheaper than here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you did the "reveal," too! Sure wish we had a Rite Aid where we live.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never seen the Crayola products... my dd would love them. Great haul! It really pays to think on your feet...especially at CVS, you just never know what the magic box is going to give you. I've gotten some super amazing deals, completely spur of the moment. Always scan as many times as it will let you.. I usually get three, but sometimes even five scans out of it. Then check the ad.. often times there are sales for the very products you got Q's for and you can stack your savings. Also check for trial or travel sizes- I've gotten toothpaste, shampoo, or deodorant for a few cents many times with those random $1 off Q's that generate. Speaking of stashing Q's, I always take a glance at the new displays, hoping for the brand-wide dollar off coupon pads... take a couple and stick them in my wallet "just in case". They are usually good for a couple of months and you just never know when they will come in handy. It's also nice to "share the love" and play coupon fairy... if you have some that will expire soon and you know you are not going to use them, leave them next to the products... you just might make someone's day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Doh! I was at CVS the other day (because of the CVS clearance going on) and totally forgot to check the actual clearance endcaps :( Wish we had a Rite-Aid here. Great haul, though! I love those Sally Hansen colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great haul, and i am seriously jealous of the pawprint stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, what a great haul!!! I like the reveal. :D

    I wanna roam my local Rite Aid now. LOL
    They usually don't have a big clearance end-cap tho.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome haul! I have Essie Lollipop and love it! It's such a vibrant shade. I paid about half price when I bought it online.

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is great! thanks so much for the time you've put into this post. Can't wait to see what I find.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job G!!!!!! I am going to scout out the tribal design SH! !!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Where the heck is the clearance end cap in Rite Aid? I'm going to have to go there as soon as I get off of work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice! I just had a fab CVS haul... Paid $0.67 for $67.39 worth of products! 3 Physician's Formula skincare items and 5 Maybelline items!

    ReplyDelete
  20. hey G...I hauled my butt to my local Rite Aid, found a clearance Essie for $4 but when I tried to use my $2.00 off Essie coupon, i was denied...Womp!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I went to two Rite Aids yesterday, one had the clearance end cap, I got Sinful Big Daddy for .49 cents but the other Rite Aid had nothing on clearance and everything was still full price! I may have to hit another one today!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my gosh. That is amazing. You are the queen of good deals.
    I can't wait to see pictures of you putting these products to use!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW, amazing haul. I started to be jealous BUT, I've just bought all those polishes at a local flea market for guess what? 2 for $1 *gasp* i was sooo excited to get my hands on these and a few more at such a low price (lady said it was shelf pulls from Rite Aid, probably why the other ladies can't find them in Rite Aid). I bought the 2 Sh, and 3 Essies pictured above. Plus 3 gorgeous Snowman glitters (tiny magentaish,green&gold,the other is mix, blue, pink,silver, anyone have any idea which christmas these came from?) I also got the following SallyH CSM, in Anenome of Mine, Oxide, Madame X, and another I can't remember the name of, gave it to my sis. I also got 3 L.A. Girl Cracked n: Shattered, Fracture, Explode, Borghese Rapido in Felice Tangerine, and Capriccio Blue. One lonely NYC Timeless Tangerine, and 1 extreme wear in Teal-y Cool (not a fan, save your $) also got a Salon Effect in Wild Child.

    But G. I am still jealous of your crayola finds :)

    Sorry for the novel length post, I just thought that i'd mention that I found many of the same items you purchased through shelf pulls at a flea market. I thought maybe some of you polish loving ladies might like to know incase you have a flea market, swap meet etc. in your area, I have lots of luck finding great stuff at mine. If any of you live near Southwest VA. Let me know and i'll tell you the place that I found these. I love your blog so much G. it really keeps me in the know. Thank you for all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig