Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, June 18, 2012

Info about new releases from L'Oreal and others

I want to give a huge thanks to everyone who has taken time to share pics and info about all of the new 2012 releases from L'Oreal (new shades of Infallible shadow, BB Cream, etc.) that are now surfacing in stores. I would love to share all of your pics here, but I'm really trying to cut down on double-posting. In other words, since I've already posted about all of the L'Oreal products here, I'm not going to post display pics too.This is a rule I created a while back and I'm really trying to stick to it--I hope you understand!

For those of you in search of these new products, I've heard from MANY readers that the displays are now at Walgreens, Target, Walmart and Rite Aid. So get out and check in your area! I have personally seen the BB Cream and True Match Lumi foundation at Rite Aid and GOOD NEWS: there are mini tester bottles of every single shade in the True Match Lumi display!  

 (I HAD to snap a pic of this when I saw it, considering our conversation last Wednesday about drugstore pet peeves!)

BAD NEWS:  no safety seals on the BB Cream tubes (I think there might be a little sticker on the True Match Lumi foundation bottles--you can see the sticker in the photo above, but I can't remember now if it extends across the opening of the lid). Luckily, they were literally setting up the BB Cream display when I was at the drugstore, so I was able to buy one without worrying that someone else had already tested it. Whew! (I'll review the new L'Oreal BB Cream as soon as I'm done testing. By the way, I'm almost done testing the new Revlon ColorStay Whipped Foundation and so my review should be up THIS week.)

PS: I haven't heard from anyone who has spotted the new Maybelline BB cream in stores yet--have you seen it? But I HAVE heard that it's now available for purchase at drugstore.com for $8.99, so if you don't want to wait, you can pick it up there. (Thanks for tweeting about that, @morenabarbee!)

PPS: If you don't want to search my blog for something new by name, and would rather just see ALL of my posts and reviews of products released in 2012, you can always go to the "Categories" section on the right-hand sidebar and select "NEW 2012 DRUGSTORE PRODUCTS" and you'll have pages and pages of products to look through. Hope that helps!

Thanks again for all of the great comments and emails, everyone--I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

41 comments

  1. I purchased the Maybelline bb cream tonight at Walgreens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the Maybelline bb cream at Harmons for $6.69. They also had testers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i swatched the loreal bb cream today it has a weird texture and didnt feel so good :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found the Maybelline BB Cream at Harmon's this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought the Maybelline BB Cream at Harmon a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybelline BB Creams are at Harmon's for 6 dollars and change.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen the Maybellibe BB cream at Walgreens (WI).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw the Maybelline BB cream at the same time I saw all of the other displays I emailed you about - I just didn't mention it since you had already blogged about it. I got the shade in light and really like it so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thank you SO much for the email! xo

      Delete
  9. I JUST picked up the new Maybelline BB cream today at Walmart for around $8! :) They come in 5 shades which is wonderful, didn't have a chance to try it yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. At my Walgreens, I saw the end cap display of both new L'oreal and Maybelline products and their BB creams. My first impression was that Maybelline's BB cream is cheaper than L'oreal's so I'm eager for the reviews on them.. gonna really consider buying whichever is better but price might matter if they're in any way similar to each other

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful to see testers... hopefully a new drugstore trend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to try the Maybelline BB cream, sounds kinda interesting.. I swatched the Loreal one, it has an interesting texture ;) would be cool to get to compare the two together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it sure does. Thankfully, the micro beads disappear pretty quickly once you work it into the skin.

      Delete
  13. Wegmans had the new L'Oreal Infallible shadows for $6.99 and the Maybelline BB Cream. When I used the tester fie the BB Cream, the Medium shade came off very pink to me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i tried the l'oreal BB cream and its basically thin lotion with glitter from the 99 cent store. $13 for NOTHING! such a HUGE waste ! i highly recommend that people stay away from it , on the other hand the new l'oreal gel eye liners are FANTASTIC! the longest wearing gel liner i have , it even last longer than MAC. also the lumi foundation is great also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't notice glitter in the L'oreal bb cream! I'll have to look closer...I've only used it once so far.

      Delete
  15. I can't wait to try the Maybelline BB cream. (the one you mention here is Dream Fresh, right?) Is anyone familiar with Maybelline's ClearGlow BB? It's in a mint green tube. Not sure which one I want to try first .. (probably Dream Fresh, easier on my pocketbook!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is the Clear Glow a US product? Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Oooops! You're right, it's not. I didn't see it on Maybellines' website, saw it on Amazon, but as I look closer I see that it ships from Thailand. At least I don't have to decide between the two now, and that's good :-) thanks for info, G!

      Delete
    3. Oooops, I thought it was. But I think you're right, it's not in the US. :-)

      Delete
  16. Have you heard anything about the shades available on either of the BB creams? I would be a deep, so I'm SO EXCITED that Maybelline has it. As I mentioned before, I almost had my family send it to me from India, since it's already available there (and in appropriate shades for the population). I'm curious for your reviews because while my skin is on the dry side, I have an absolute AVERSION to shine of any kind and don't like any glow on my forehead. So I use matte powder often.
    Glad some testers are available, though most stores seem to allow for easy returns, which I like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I THINK there are four shades in the L'oreal and five in the Maybelline, but don't quote me on that! :)

      Delete
    2. Brittany from Clumps of Mascara wrote a review of the deepest shade of the Maybelline BB cream! She was pretty excited about it-- http://clumpsofmascara.com/2012/06/maybelline-dream-fresh-bb-cream-review.html

      Delete
  17. Yay for drugstore testers! I've never bought drugstore foundation because it's too much of a hassle to try to guess my shade and brand, so if more companies start to do this, that may change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget that at Walgreens, cvs and Rite Aid you can return/exchange beauty products even AFTER you've tried them. Just keep your receipts! :)

      Delete
  18. I just got the Maybelline BB Cream last night at Harmon's in Bed, Bath & Beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i saw a LOREAL BB cream at my walgreens along with a new foundation and it might be new lipsticks...i thoungh i had sent u pictures. do u want me to send u the pics?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please re-read the first paragraph of this post. I explain it there I detail. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  20. my Walgreens just put the display up yesterday. A nice display with the new BB cream and some great new eyeshadow shades

    ReplyDelete
  21. Can't wait to try that foundation! The BB cream has disapointing reviews so far, from what I've seen, which is a pity becase I've been looking for a good drugstore BB cream, to no avail. Love those testers, maybe we'll finally catch up with Europe and offer testers on all of our drugstore products!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Squee! Testers! I'm on a foundation quest right now, so I will be stalking the drugstore until these show up!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I seen the Maybelline BB Cream at Walmart (in Canada) and the display has testers as well!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I spotted the Loreal Lumi foundation today and I was dissapointed that there is virtually no range for the deep colors, just two (as if all deeper women come in too shades.) but was very thankful for the testers. I mixed the two darkest shades together to come with my shade and the 'luminous' thing just looks oily, I would dole out $26 (I would have buy two bottles to get my shade) just to look like a grease ball.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig