Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, June 18, 2012

Comment issues

Just a quick post about comments:

Over the past two weeks, I've received some emails from kind readers letting me know that some of you are having issues with leaving comments on this blog. Specifically, it sounds like when some of you try to sign in with a Google ID, you're then unable to leave a comment.

First of all, I am SO thankful that you have taken the time to email me about this, because otherwise I wouldn't even know there's an issue.

Second, I'm doing my best to fix this problem, but it might take some time since I cannot see the problem on my end, making it hard to determine exactly what's wrong.

I realize that if YOU are having this issue, you obviously can't leave a comment on this post to discuss is, so please just know that I'm aware of the problem and I'm doing everything I can to (hopefully) fix it ASAP.

PS: If I can't fix it, I'll consider going back to a third-party commenting system like Disqus or IntenseDebate. HOWEVER, I have used both of those systems in the past on this blog and they created lots of headaches for both myself and readers, thus I decided to go back to the default Blogger commenting system. If you are on Blogger and use either Disqus or IntenseDebate, I'd love to know if you've had any issues lately (I think I tried those systems over a year ago, so maybe the kinks have been worked out?). Thanks!
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. I haven't had any trouble commenting at all. But if you can't figure out the issue, I totally wouldn't install Disqus. I had it on my blog about 2 months ago and it totally wrecked havoc on my blog. It wouldn't install right, was difficult for people to leave comments because it kept logging them back out, and in the end, it was easier to just un-install it. I've heard lately from a few bloggers that Disqus un-installed itself from their blog, and that comments were being deleted out of the blue.

    Hope you figure it out G!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use intense debate and it works fine for me. My blog has a much smaller following than yours, but I havent been made aware of any problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using Disqus for just about the entire time I've had NeutraKris Beauty Blog (2 years) and I've never had an issue. I love that it's community-based, customizable, and how you can sign-in through OpenID, Disqus, Facebook, etc. I think it's worth looking into if Blogger doesn't correct itself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use Disqus for comments on my blog. Last year I had a problem with lost comments. I haven't had any issue with it in the last few months that were not caused by me. I really like Disqus and I could imagine going back to blogger comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been having any issues leaving comments using my goodle account. Just thought I'd let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I comment with my Google ID without any problems. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use GoogleID. I have not had issues leaving comments. The only issue I've had is that sometimes after I've submitted a comment it doesn't tell me that my comment is waiting review, so it makes it seem like my comment didn't take. Then if i make the comment again, I end up with double comments because my first comment did take.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, this happens to me BUT I know the comment didn't take because I check back days later, and my comments are still not on there.

      But if this comment goes through, it might be because it says I'm already signed in (I did sign in, successfully, through another blog earlier today, which is why). It's odd b/c I tried other options other than GoogleID, and it still wouldn't take. Also tried other computers.

      But I am able to comment on other blogger blogs, so I know I'm not crazy! hah

      Delete
  8. I've not had issues either. Not that I've been commenting a ton, but still. It's working for me. I use google ID to comment as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've used a Google Id on here for months with no problem... except that most of the time (but not all the time which is really weird) it puts my name as "unknown". I comment daily most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the same situation as jenmhilton above- if I've just signed in, it doesn't give me a confirm, just goes back to a blank comment box, and I've posted twice thinking it hasn't gone through...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't had trouble commenting, I'm always signed in to blogger.

    I use Disqus (and the commentluv plugin) on my blog, and I'm happy with it - I've been using it for 4-5 months, I think, and no issues thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry, scratch that last comment. I use Intense Debate, and always have. I have no idea why I just typed Disqus.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am not having any issues once I upgraded my browser. To all the readers who are having problems and using Mozilla Firefox, get the update if you haven't already, it fixed it on my end. Hope this helped! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the default blogger comment system the best. Discus drives me nuts and intense commentary (or whatever it is) is worse. So far no problems for me posting a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can comment but have a hard time loading more entries (ie in the You Tell Me section). I click Load More and it just processes and never stops. I havent read been able to read comments after June 6th. Ive tried different computers and nothing works. :-/

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig