Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, April 20, 2012

Spotted: New Sally Hansen Pedicure Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips


A little while back, reader Bird of Paradise gave me the heads-up that she'd seen a blurb in Glamour Magazine about a new line of Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips for toes. I was so thankful for the heads-up about this (thanks again, Bird of Paradise) and I promptly started stalking my drugstores for a display (to no avail).

Then, several other readers left comments and sent emails saying they heard about this new collection too, and then just the other day, I got the Sally Hansen newsletter in my in-box and spotted this:





I tried clicking on the link and it took me to the Sally Hansen website, but I couldn't find a section on the website about this new line. I wasn't too sad though, because at least I got to see TWO of the five designs in the newsletter (above). I was actually going to do a blog post featuring just the image above, but then TODAY, reader Yaz sent me the following pics. Talk about amazing timing, right? Yaz spotted this display at her local CVS and told me they retail for $10.49. Check 'em out:

  image credit for all of the following photos: Yaz for Nouveau Cheap




I can't even tell you how long I've wanted to see a black and white hounds-tooth pattern like this! Whoo hoo!

Now, I know that there are probably going to be some of you who will say, "We don't need special Salon Effects for our toes. The regular Salon Effects work just fine for that." And to that I say: these will be perfect for those of you with smaller nail beds! In addition to toes, you can use these on your fingers if you have short nails like me, and/or small nail beds! And like Bird of Paradise mentioned to me, who really cares if they say "for toes"? All we see is NEW DESIGNS! 

So that's my opinion about this new collection. What's yours?

A huge thanks to Yaz for the fantastic sighting and to Bird of Paradise and all of the other kind reader who took the time to share this info with us!
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Super cute! I love the black and white houndstooth one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw these at my walgreens the other day, I haven't gotten any yet. Can't wait to try them:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, I need these in my life IMMEDIATELY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how I feel about this. I don't like having long toe nails -- the thought of a French pedicure makes me want to puke. Seems like you'd need to have longish toe nails for these to work. =/

    ReplyDelete
  5. the one bad thing about these is that both sets in each design come in ONE packet, as opposed to two packets in the salon effects strips for nails, where if you have shorter nails you can use the 8 stickers in one packet for both hands and save the other packet for future use. So, if you open the packet containing the stickers in the pedicure stickers, you have to use them all, I'd suggest sharing with a friend so they don't go to waste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that too. I bought them in Strike a Posie, and it says there should be 18. But in my one packet, there were only 9. Did you have the same problem?

      Delete
  6. Sally Hansen, Y U NO MAKE ONES TO MATCH MY MANI??

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so fun...
    I wonder why haven't they made stick-on French manicure print? hrm...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I better brush up on my yoga stretches to apply these. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always so interesting to hear the thoughts of others. I learn so much.

    Tonya K., I also keep my toenails short, but I am going to try these at least once this summer. After all, when I polish my toenails with traditional polish, it is visible. But I see what you mean because a design such as the tattoo design (the exact name escapes me, but it has traditional hearts pierced with daggers, swallows, etc.) would not really work on toes.

    Maybe Sally Hansen has thought of that issue and has scaled the patterns to fit most people's toes. I am only guessing because I have not seen these in person yet.

    And Pau F., you raise such a good point about thinking of a plan to make up for unavoidable waste. I definitely only use one blister pack at a time on the original manicure boxes. Therefore, one box always yields two manicures for me. I try to be as thrifty as possible with this product. Maybe a good idea could be to get an entire pedicure and then use leftovers for accent nail(s) on the hands. That has potential to look cute. :)

    I hope I am not coming across as though I am trying to take over Giana's blog when I comment to others. I would never want to come across that way!!! It's just that I am seriously bonkers for this product. They really suit my needs, and I am lucky enough that they fit my nail beds nicely (sorry for your rotten luck, WitchHazel.)

    This is not normal, but I am already dreading the thought that these might be discontinued one day. I would start hoarding,but I know that they don't have an indefinite shelf life, so that isn't practical. Rats... Clearly, I need help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. to all those concerned about how you won't be able to use these in two sets because of the seal being broken, here is how i found a way around it! I use orly bonder - a sticky base coat - and then place the stickers on the sticky base coat... this has made it so that even if I don't put the extras in a sealed baggie, i can use them months later and they will stick just as well. give it a shot! it opens up a world of possibilities as far as getting more uses out of the packages

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay! Thank you for the info & now to start stalking as well, lol! I'm one of the short nails types so this is exactly what I've been hoping for :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really do like these; I already use the other ones on my toes since my nails are wee and I can cover all of them with a couple of strips, the designs are awesome and I can tell you from experience that they last WAY longer than 10 days, BUT I don't understand why they are so expensive. For less than the cost of two packs of these I can get a professional pedicure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these, they r easy to apply. I also think they should match the manicure though.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig