Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, March 16, 2012

My newest obsession: Target Up & Up Bamboo Lime Hand Soap

When winter comes to an end, I immediately start to crave crisp, invigorating citrus scents. So when I spotted the new hand soaps at Target a few weeks ago, I immediately gravitated toward this one and just had to bring it home with me:

 Target Up & Up Liquid Hand Soap in Bamboo Lime
(retail: around $1.50, 7.5 oz)

No stranger to Target hand soaps (remember this obsession from almost exactly one year ago?), I'm consistently impressed with the unique fragrance combos that Target releases each year. Like I've mentioned before, I'm a sucker for unique and interesting fragrances when it comes to something as boring as hand soap. Who doesn't like to spice it up a bit, right?




But what I really like about this one is that the men in your life probably won't wince when they use it. Case in point: Mr. G does not like my usual choices when it comes to hand soap. When the hand soap in the guest bathroom runs low, I always seem to want to replace it with something that Mr. G lovingly refers to as "Pink Cupcake Sugar Sparkle Rainbow Frosting Explosion".  That's his generic term for the sweet, girlie soap scents that I seem buy on a regular basis. So THIS time, I replaced the guest bathroom soap with Bamboo Lime from Target and he just about fell over, he was so happy.


This scent smells unisex, but not in a generic "men's deodorant" type of way (as is the case with certain unisex hand soaps, it seems). It's crisp, it's citrusy, it's a little spicy and the bamboo note gives it an earthy quality that makes me want to keep smelling my hands after I use it.

If you're a fan of sweet, girlie fragrances when it comes to hand soap, this one probably isn't for you. But if you're looking for a new, affordable hand soap that would appeal to those who don't prefer sweet, girlie types of fragrances, this might be a nice option that I think many men, as well as women, would find enjoyable.

I should probably also mention that this soap does a great job of cleansing my hands (the exfoliating particles are a nice addition) and I don't find that my hands are too dry after I use it either.

Do you like Target hand soaps? What's your favorite fragrance?
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I can't wait to smell this! Where I live the water is INCREDIBLY soft though, so I'm not a fan of soap that isn't foamy, because it's harder to wash off! However, I might get some of this just to try out :) Do you know if there is a foaming version?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need this. I love earthy, woodsy scents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Pink Cupcake Sugar Sparkle Rainbow Frosting Explosion"... LOL! That's my daughter's favorite "flavor" as well, hahaha.

    What the heck does bamboo smell like anyway? The little bamboo "guy" holding the lime on the package is adorable though. Reminds me of a picture book my daughter has with all kinds of fruits and veggies that look like people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review! I am always on the lookout for a non-sweet smelling soap that my boyfriend won't complain about - I'll have to check it out next time I'm at Target. I haven't tried any of their other fragrances yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds yummy. I'll have to give it a try. It's funny b/c I just got new dishwashing soap in Lime scent and I love it b/c it smells like lime Jello-O :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just so happened to be on my way to Target today after reading this rec. Can't say I was as enthralled with it as you are, but I walked away with the bar soap in Mandarin Orange. Mmmmmm. Now that's my kind of scent. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must try this as well. As for my regular hand soap that I use, it isn't a handsoap at all. I use Suave clarifying shampoo and put in my super fancy glass soap dispensers. It makes for a pretty clear blue unisex scent option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We use orange Antibacterial dish soap, put it pump dispensers. Not only is it cheap, it smells nice, and most "hand soaps" can't deal with the grimy hands we wind up with around here. We are always either messing with livestock, building something, or fixing a car.

      Delete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig