Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Swatches: Pure Ice Gossip! + Pure Ice Crackle Jetsetter

I've been using Pure Ice polishes for a very long time now, and I'm pretty sure many of you have as well. Back in the summer of 2011,  Pure Ice added a Crackle collection to their line-up (click here to see the display at Walgreens), and I finally got to give one a test drive (in addition to the hot pink creme Gossip!) so I'd love to share some swatches with you.

Left: Pure Ice Gossip! 
(retail: $1.99, 0.5 oz)
Right: Pure Ice Crackle Jetsetter
(retail: $3.99, 0.5 oz)

Per the Bari website, Pure Ice polishes are not tested on animals and are Big Three Free.


For my swatches, I decided to use Jetsetter as an accent color on just my ring finger. The following photos were taken after two coats of Gossip! and one coat of Jetsetter (on my ring finger). I did not use a top coat on the fingers with just Gossip!, but I did use one layer of top coat on my ring finger because Jetsetter dries to a semi-matte finish (plus I just generally think that crackles look better with a layer of top coat):



I was very pleased with both of these polishes. Gossip! is a lovely hot pink creme with blue undertones. It applies like a dream and practically paints itself (as many cremes are known to do). As you can see, even without a top coat this polish has a nice, shiny finish. Jetsetter was a pleasant surprise. Sometimes with more affordable crackles, you get a thick, goopy consistency and a weak crackle pattern. As you can see in my swatches, the crackle pattern of Jetsetter is quite nice, and the cracks became visible just seconds after application.

THE KEY TO MAKING CRACKLES WORK FOR YOU: Since I've tried many crackles over the past year, I can tell those new to the crackle experience that the number one key to a well-defined crackle pattern is to apply the thinnest layer of polish possible and do NOT go over your brush strokes a second time. Start on one side of your nail, and apply a VERY thin layer in a narrow strip down the side of your nail. Then, apply the next thin strip right next to the first one, and keep moving across your nail until you've covered the entire nail. In my opinion, this is the best technique and really optimizes the crackle effect.

Pure Ice polishes can be found at Walmart and Walgreens locations across the country. You can also order them directly through the Bari website. For those of you who don't know, Bari also makes Bon Bons and Love My... products in addition to Pure Ice. I'll be reviewing some additional products from Bari in the near future, so check back soon if you're interested.

Do you own any Pure Ice polishes or Pure Ice Crackles? If so, what shades do you own and what are some of your favorites?

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I have Pure Ice crackle in the shade Hot Couture, a friend of mine gave it to me, I couldn't find them in my area. Beautiful bright pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea ICE has crackle polishes! I am off to the store to get some very soon. I have some of their polishes and really like them. XoJu

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig