Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ross sightings

It's been a long time since I've done a Ross, Marshalls or T.J. Maxx sighting, but when I was at a local Ross recently I spotted some goodies that I wanted to pass along. I realize that not all locations carry the exact same beauty products at the exact same time, but at least I can give you an idea of what to look out for, and HOPEFULLY you'll spot at least a few of these in your town (fingers crossed).


I spotted one of the Wet n Wild LE holiday kits for $4.99.



My Ross location had two different 4-packs of Revlon polishes for $6.99 each. What a deal, right?



For those unfamiliar with Tropez, this brand was made by Markwins (makers of Wet n Wild and Black Radiance) and the products were geared toward the Latina market. Sadly, Tropez was discontinued a while back, but I really liked their polishes so I was excited to see this set.


Nail polish sets from two new-to-me brands: Bonita (above) and Prisma (below). The Bonita glitter set was $4.99 and the Primsa set was $5.99. Have any of you tried any polishes from these brands? The Prisma bottles look exactly like the bottles for L.A. Colors polishes.



I was excited to spot this Black Radiance set. The polish on the left is a really pretty dark purple with fine silver glitter.


And finally, here's a set from City Color that I have never seen before ($7.99). What got me the most excited about this kit was the three eyeshadows on the left. They look to be the exact shape and size of MAC shadows and the colors are super pretty (there's a better close-up below):


In this kit you get one powder blush, a face powder, three brushes...


...two eyeliner pencils and three eyeshadow singles. Don't these shadows look pretty?

I hope this post helps give you an idea of what MIGHT be at your local Ross. If you have spotted any of these products in your area, I'd love to hear from you! And of course if you own any of these products, I'd love to hear your thoughts.
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. I spot one of my favorite nail polish colors, Demure, in that Revlon set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that exact same Bonita set at my local Ross, but up close, the quality of the polishes didn't look great to me - too bad though, since one of the glitters looked pretty awesome. I'd love to hear about the quality if anyone has tried it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww i miss there were Ross in NYC :( those are so cheap sets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. woah...Mine Ross suck!! Never carry good cosmetic

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got that exact Bonita polish set from Ross a few weeks ago along w/ a Color Club set ... The Bonita polishes were ok, the finer glitters applied nicely but I hated the large hexagon gold & copper glitters, they reminded me of Milian Gold FX or the Jordana glitters but not nearly as nice. I guess for the price it wasn't too bad, but with Jordana only $1.99 at Kmart its not that much of a steal. .. I was recently at Marshalls & found 3 of the Serena Williams OPI pairs for $6.99 each .. I lit up with joy once I saw the lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ross has some pretty awesome stuff!! Mine hardly has anything good at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you should head over to TJMaxx , i found a TheBalm set for only $10 and it included full sized eye shadow , lip plumper , lip stain and nail polish. they also has other $10 sets for face and skincare!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have seen the Bonita and Tropez polishes as well as the Prisma sets. I didn't pick any of them up, as I felt that the quality just doesn't look very good. I'll have to keep an eye out for the Revlon sets next time I am in there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have, very much on purpose, stayed out of Ross. LOL! I'm saving up for the Hunger Games. But these are some very nice items. I like the glitter collection. (Of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How funny, I just went to Ross for the first time in years the other day. They had several of the WnW sets, with either spoiled brat or the smokey trio (name escapes me, but I already had both of those. They had several polish sets (got a couple for my dd), and a whole bunch of the City Color sets... are those any good? I had never heard of the brand so I chickened out on buying them. I also found a gorgeous mirror I had seen on a Youtube haul (actually the reason I went), it was oval with a stand and painted metal frame with cut out butterflies and rhinestone accents... extremely pretty. They also had a bunch of Hello Kitty stuff, cosmetics, hair, decorations, etc. I picked up the cutest jellybean holder for my dd, ceramic- kind of like a cookie jar but smaller (about 10 inches tall)- even came with the jellybelly jellybeans.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw two different colors of the Wet n' Wild set at my local Ross in Prescott, AZ.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for reminding me about Ross! We have a new one locally and I forget what GREAT bargains they sometimes have. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I-picked-up-the-WnW-make-up-bag-too.Its-super-cute.
    I-also-got-ELF-wipes-for-$3.99-and-ELF-neon-polish-trio-for-$1.99

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw the Revlon, but didn't like the colors in it. I picked up the bright Bonita set. They also had an LA Color Color Craze set. Since I p/u a ton of those Color Craze ones at The Dollar Tree, I skipped on it. When I read the back of the Bonita, it has a ton of ingredients that are on the NO list. Not sure now if I even want to use them. I was thinking maybe trying for water marble. Just not sure what to do now.

    Thanks for the post. : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do not purchase those nail color pastel set!!!! That company is terrible!! The nail polish quality is not that great. It dries with a very plastic like consistency. I would only know because I eneded up swatching one of them at the store. It was out of its box and I had never seen that company so I thought I'd give it a shot and I was so glad I swatched it before I ever thought of buying.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I found a great deal at TJ Maxx, I got the shady lady palette for $7 and a set including the Mary lou minizer a polish, a lip plumper and a kabuki for $10, and then at ROSS I got a Apple Bottom palette for $6, Apple Bottom lip gloss set for $6, and a really nice makeup mirror for $5-$7 it's so pretty and alot bigger than my conair lighted mirror, it also has wayy more magnification than the conair.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I got the exact same Bonita stuff because it was sooo cheap! They look quite opaque in the bottle but are sheer when out (except the really dark one at the right - that one's a true color!) The others though sadly are not true colors but can be top coats. I cannot wait till I leave these behind though! I sat there for 10 minutes waiting for the nail polish to dry and it still was really gelly-like not quite dry but not wet either! The colors don't chip easily but also another minus - they cannot be removed even with polish remover! They also have a very strong odor! I would not buy those polishes (the set) again.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig