Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, January 13, 2012

A trip to the Bath & Body Works Outlet

I recently visited my local Bath & Body Works Outlet (for those in San Diego, it's located at the Las Americas Premium Outlets). There's also a Victoria's Secret Outlet at this mall, and I usually end up buying a few things there as well. But this time around, the selection was a bit thin at the VS outlet: no makeup at all, select fragrances 75% off and some body products 6/$35 or something like that.


The selection at the BBW Outlet was a little thin as well (it's usually jam-packed with so many great deals that I almost have a slight anxiety attack when I walk through the door!). There were lots of Holiday 2011 products such as candles, Wallflowers, anti-bacs and home fragrance oils, but not a lot of the older and/or discontinued bath and body products that I usually loving stocking up on. I'm guessing this was due to the holidays; it makes perfect sense that the outlet locations would be packed with holiday items in January. 

So I took this opportunity to stock up on some of my favorites from the 2011 holiday collections:




Marshmallow Anti-Bac Foaming Hand Soap
(LE Halloween 2011)

Retail price: $5.50
Outlet price: $1.99



Creamy Pumpkin Anti-Bac Deep Cleansing Hand Soap
(LE Fall 2011)

Retail price: $5.50
Outlet price: $1.99


Pink Sugar Plum Anti-Bac Foaming Hand Soap
(LE Holiday 2011)

Retail price: $5.50
Outlet price: $1.99


 Twisted Peppermint Anti-Bac Moisturizing Hand Soap
(LE Holiday 2011)

Retail price: $5.50 each
Outlet price: $1.99 each


Secret Wonderland Triple Moisture Shower Cream
(discontinued)

Retail price: $12
Outlet price: $3


Winter Chiffon PocketBac Hand Gel
(LE Holiday 2011)

Retail price: $1.50 each
Outlet price: $0.59 each

GRAND TOTAL
full retail price: $42.50
OUTLET PRICE: $14.13

Not too bad for under $15, right? Considering that I LOVE that Secret Wonderland Triple Moisture Shower Cream (so sad to see it go bye-bye) I feel like the entire trip was worth it just for that. I was also happy to see the holiday PocketBacs--my favorite of them all is Winter Chiffon (it smells exactly like French macarons to me). Now that I think about it, at just $0.59 each I should have picked up a few more of those. Oh well.

Do you live near a BBW Outlet store? If so, have you visited your location recently? Any great finds?
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I need to visit mine. Ive heard alot of people talking about a scent they had around christmas that was from the Aromatherapy line called Sleep Night time Tea. but they are sold out in the regular stores. im hoping the outlet will get it cause it seems like a scent i might like. If anyone had seen this at their outler please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The holiday pocketbacs are only 37 cents each at the regular bath and body works store in my local mall! I certainly stocked up. My favorite scents were the pink sugarplum and the green "all i want is gifts" that smells like pear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice! there's a bath and body works outlet near my school, and I always buy a ton of things when I'm in there! but the deals are really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow.. i wish i had this place in my town!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ashwillis83 Sleep Night Time Tea is amazing! It smells sooo good, and I find it very relaxing. I wish B&BW would make it part of their permanent line. I picked up a bottle of lotion in this scent, and now I wish I picked up more because now it's all sold out. I might have to go check out the outlet and see if they have it there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my friends family lives in SD i think its time i pay them a visit so i can visit this outlet :D ..thanks for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no idea BBW had outlets! ohmy, I need to make a road trip to find one soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just FYI for those of us not lucky enough to live near an outlet - all of the deals G listed are available at regular stores right now. The soaps are a little more at 2.50, but I always Google a coupon and use that. I wish I lived near an outlet for year-round deals - so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you tell me if BBW uses triclosan in their antibacterial products? I used to buy them until I realized triclosan is a bad ingredient as it effects amphibians adversely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alright! The Las Americas Outlet! I love that outlet, living here in San Diego as well.

    I need to go to see if I can find anymore of the Strawberry Sparkler body lotions.

    Did you see it there by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you know here in Los Angeles I can find an outlet store?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig