Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, January 19, 2012

Swatchfest: New shades in the Wet n Wild core collection


I recently received all of the new 2012 products from Wet n Wild, so please check back soon for lots of reviews and swatches.

Until then, I thought I'd start with showing you some new shades that Wet n Wild has released for some of their existing, core collection products (the official term for this is "product extensions"). This is NOT a formal review--since these are established core collection products that many of you have already tried (in other colors), I'm skipping the reviews and going straight to swatches. I WILL review all of the new products from Wet n Wild though, in the days to come.

First up, here's a new shade that's VERY exciting:

 Perfect Pair Lip Wand in Brandy Wine




Your eyes are not deceiving you! Wet n Wild has released their iconic Brandy Wine shade in a Lip Wand duo! I'll have to dig out my 666 lipliner to see if it's a perfect match, but going on memory alone, I'd say it's pretty darned close (the Lip Wand version might have a tiny bit more copper in it and not as much pink as the 666 liner, but I'll do a comparison post soon to confirm).

Lipstick end

Lipliner end



Next up, a new shade of Ultimate Minerals Bronzer:

Ultimate Minerals Bronzer in Ginger Glow




There is sparkle in this bronzer that my camera didn't catch in the above pic--you can see the sparkle in this swatch though:


And here is a photo taken with flash (NOT color-accurate) to better show you the sparkle:


Next up, some new shades of Mega Liners:

Mega Liners in Black Sparkle and Indigo Blue





There is visible silver sparkle in the black liner (hard to see in my pics) and I also want to let you know that Indigo Blue is MUCH truer to its name than what you see here. In person it's an electric, almost violet blue (well, indigo, actually. Duh.). So much prettier than my pics would lead you to believe.


Next up, five new shades of MegaSlicks:

MegaSlicks in Panning for Gold, Mauve-jave Desert, Rasp-berry Voice, Seedless Watermelon, In a Tutu


Four of the five new shades are VERY sheer (they pretty much translate to clear glosses on my skin), but Panning For Gold, Mauve-jave Desert and In A Tutu also contain very fine glitter that my camera could barely detect. With the exception of Rasp-Berry Voice, these glosses are SUBTLE (nice for younger girls).





And last but not least, we have a new DARK BROWN MegaEyes Marker:

MegaEyes Defining Marker in Dark Brown


Good dark brown felt-tip eyeliner pens are hard to find at the drugstore (for some reason a lot of them either look black when you apply them or the pigmentation is very weak), so I'm very excited to show you swatches of this one:


Holy pigmentation, Batman! Wet n Wild isn't foolin' around with this one.

I hope this post helps give you a better idea of all the new shades coming your way from Wet n Wild this year. Please check back soon for reviews and swatches of the new 2012 products!

In the meantime, have you spotted/purchased any of these new shades yet? Thoughts?

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. I just bought the blue liner today. When I swatched it on my hand the pigmentation didn't compare to the old emerald one or the core black one I have but it was pretty. i am hoping it will be better on my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I purchased the Indigo Blue Mega Liner and was pretty disappointed. It's pigmented, and applies a nice straight line, but it doesn't layer well. For example, when filling in a wing area - it leaves these bare spots where it refuses to fill in. ARG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very excited about the Brandy Wine lip wand. I like the idea but not crazy about the existing colorst, so I will look out for the new color. I presume you will be swatching or reviewing the new MegaShield lip colors at some point. I'm very excited to read what you think about them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bronzer looks awesome, but the lip glosses look terrible. I don't want to be "that" person, lol, but I guess I was surprised that you didn't call the glosses as they are, like you're very honest in your reviews so I expected u to say that they were pretty much not worth the time of day, as is obvious from the pics. The whole spin on it being good for young girls seems a bit like a cop out, I mean I know u have a connection at Wet N' Wild and stuff, and trust me, I am not saying u wont give something a negative review when its sent to you, a bit surprising is all. Just my 2 objective cents. Still looking forward to ur reviews though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh...I need to drop by CVS asap :D! I've been searching for an affordable brown liner for ages...none of the ones I've tried are pigmented enough to show up on my tan/dark skin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LH and NeutraKris: What a bummer! When I swatched it on my hand, it seemed pretty pigmented but I know sometimes it's a whole other ball of wax when you apply to the lid. Hopefully you both kept your receipts so you can return/exchange. :(

    jenmhilton: I'd love to know what you think of the lip wand if you try it. I wore it tonight and it's crazy pigmented with very good staying power (and it's super creamy while 666 can be dry). I love it so far. And yes, I will definitely review the MegaShields. Thanks for asking!

    Jay: Thanks for the comment. Like I stated at the very top of this post, this post is NOT A REVIEW, so that's why I didn't go into detail about *any* of the products in this post. I'm not sure what you mean by "calling them what they are"...I said they were "VERY sheer" and "SUBTLE" (in all CAPS), which I think calls them exactly what they are. Being good for young girls is just a suggestion--sorry if you read into that something else. Hope that clears things up a bit. :)

    Gabby: I would love to know what you think if you try the dark brown liner. It really is nicely pigmented and I hope it works for your skintone as well. Keep me posted? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sadly, I am not intrigued. Thanks so much for sharing! Let's me get a look at the quality of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy sparkle!

    I think I'll try out some of the felt tip eyeliners but now sure about the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definately have to get my butt to the drugstore for Brandy Wine! It looks beautiful in your swatches. I have the liner is literally every make up bag, purse, gym bag, drawer that I have! It is my absoutely go to with so many lipsticks, glosses. I bought the MegaSlicks in Mauve-jave Desert and was so disappointed I thought it would be more liquid lip stick color than gloss...it was barely discernable on my lips as far as color goes but gave a nice shine. It will be relagated to my desk at work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought the MegaEyes Defining Marker a few days ago. Although I love the pigment and staying power, it was really hard and sharp, so it hurt to use. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought Ginger Glow along with a bunch of other stuff. I couldn't tell in the pot how sparkly it was. It's very pretty, but if used on my face I will probably use it as an eye shadow. Way to sparkly for my actual face.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bought that blue liner and was SO disappointed! It swatched so patchy and i had to let each coat dry to build up the pigmentation. I need to find my receipt to return it pronto.

    I do have a question: someone on FB claims that WnW released a silver creme eyeliner...have you heard anything?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to try the brown eyeliner. Black usually looks too goth on my snow white skin!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Miss Ellis: No prob! Glad to help. :)

    Courtney: Would love to know what you think if you do!

    Robin: I'd LOVE to know what you think of the lip wand, and if you think it's a close match to the liner. Again, I haven't swatched them side-by-side so I'm going from memory alone here, but I do think they're close, although the liner might have some more pink it in. Sorry Mauve-jave Desert didn't work for you--did you keep you receipt? You should return/exchange! :)

    Paula: I tried to show the sparkle in my pics--sorry it's too sparkly for your face (I know how that goes). Did you keep your receipt for return or exchange? About the marker, I have a tip for you--I have a few lipstains that were sharp/hard at first and if you "bend" them by pressing them on the back of your hand a few times, it makes them softer and more pliable. Try that with your liner and see if it softens up a bit...and if not, definitely return/exchange it. Hope that helps!

    Vick: So it was patchy when you actually applied it to the eye? Bummer! Definitely find your receipt and return/exchange if it's not working for you, hun! And about a silver creme liner, I have not heard about it, but I'll ask my contact at WnW and see if she has any info. Thanks!

    Isis04: I'd love to know what you think if you try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will try your suggestion! But.. I didn't say anything about sparkle?

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG I am so excited for their brown felt tip liner marker! I've been waiting for them to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I found some of the previous lip wands at the grocery store, end of last summer. I LOVE those! So, I'm excited to add to that collection.

    And what you said about a 'real' brown liner is so true! Looks like our prayers have been answered. :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I picked up three of the new lipsticks today... They each had the peel off coupon for a dollar off so I paid a dollar a piece, so far I love them all! Plan on picking up some more of the new items this weekend :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig