Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, December 10, 2011

First look: new Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush, Dream Nude Airfoam Foundation and Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer

I have been blown away by the new 2012 Maybelline products that I've covered on this blog so far (Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Mascara, Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel eyeshadows and Master Precise Eyeliner Pens, SuperStay 10HR Stain Glosses and 14HR Lipsticks and MasterShape Eyebrow Pencils). And if Maybelline were to quit there, I think many of us would be pretty satisfied. BUT, they're not quitting there!

A HUGE thanks to reader Jess, who just spotted the new Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush on the Walgreens website and was nice enough to give us a heads-up about it:


image source: Walgreens.com
Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Pink Plum
(0.21 oz; retail price: $7.99)


Feels lightweight like a powder, yet melts into skin like a cream.
Made in Korea

(Ingredients list currently unavailable.)

I am so ridiculously excited to see/try one of these! I loved the non-sparkly Dream Mousse blushes, and any beauty product with the word "bouncy" immediately has my attention. I love that this is a name you'd more likely find on a Japanese beauty product. So adorable!

But that's not all! I did some digging and also spotted two other new Maybelline products on the Walgreens site:


image source: Walgreens.com 
 Maybelline Dream Nude Airfoam Foundation with SPF16 Sunscreen in Nude 
(1.6 oz; retail price: unknown--not yet available for purchase on the Walgreens website)

Air-infused foundation for a nude perfect finish.
Made in USA

Before first application: Practice using the dispenser by shaking the can and applying a small amount of product to a tissue.
  • Shake can well before use. Remove cap
  • Hold can upright and press lightly to dispense a walnut sized amount of product
  • Take small dabs of product from hand
  • Apply to face one section at a time, blending with short circular motions
Active Ingredients

Inactive Ingredients
Water , Butylene Glycol , Talc , Isobutane , PEG , PPG , Polybutylene Glycol-8 , 5 , 3 Glycerin , Calcium Carbonate , PEG-12 Dimethicone , Glycerin , Diisostearyl Malate , HDI , Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer , Propane , Alcohol Denat. , Caprylyl Glycol , Phenoxyethanol , Ethylhexylglycerin , p-Anisic Acid , Sodium Hyaluronate , Tocopheryl Acetate , May contain: Titanium Dioxide , Iron Oxides

 

image source: Walgreens.com   

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Honey    

(0.05 oz; retail price: $7.99)

Is it just me, or does this seem like the other YSL Touche Eclat dupe just released from L'Oreal called Magic Lumi? Interesting!

From the Walgreens website:

Gel-based concealer illuminates shadows as it conceals. Skin looks instantly brighter.
Made in USA

Twist bottom of package until product appears on the brush (may take up to 10 twists the first time). Using brush, apply concealer to under-eye area and on imperfections. Blend in an outward motion. Application tips: For a well-rested look, apply around the inner corner of eyes. For a brighter complexion, apply to darker areas like the sides of nose and corners of mouth.

Ingredients
Aqua (Water) , Cyclopentasiloxane , Hydrogenated Polyisobutene , Glycerin , Sorbitan Isostearate , Propylene Glycol , Titanium Dioxide , Ozokerite , Phenoxyethanol , Magnesium Sulfate , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate , Methylparaben , Acrylates Copolymer , Alumina , Butylparaben , Aluminum Hydroxide , Tocopherol , Silica , Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria Flower Extract) , May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) , CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

Thanks SO much, Jess, for the fantastic scoop!

So, what do you think, lovelies? If you have spotted the Dream Bouncy Blushes in person or actually own one, I would be insulted if you didn't leave a comment on this post to share your thoughts (not really, but you KNOW I want to hear from you!).
SHARE:

21 comments

  1. I can't wait to try the blush and concealer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blush is in a really pretty! I hope that the airbrush makeup works well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am loving the look of the blush! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooo excited for the blush and foundation. I love Maybelline's Dream foundations, so I'm looking forward to trying out this new one. And I thought that Bouncy Blush sounded japanese too! xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. G I sent you an email about a mini set of polishes from Sally Hansen, was wondering if you had gotten it all?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm interested to try the Airfoam foundation just to try the texture, but my first thought is that it can't possibly have any coverage. I hope I'm wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm curious about the foam thing...Maybelline previously had a BB Mineral Mousse Foundaion that was launched earlier in Japan and some parts of Asia...it sort of looks like this, in a spray-can packaging, and got me wondering if this is the repackaged version for Western markets? Would be interesting to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh I can't wait for these new products! The blush and foundation has my name on it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The concealer being gel-based tells me it will probably set instead of just settling into lines or sitting on top of skin. I've heard Maybelline is coming out with a lot of long wearing products you can use by hand, and these are included. There's a mascara, too. Illegal Lengths has 4mm fibers. It should be interesting to try that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That blush looks awesome, but really $7.99? Drug store makeup seems to be getting so pricey that I'd almost save my money and go higher end on some of this. I was at Walmart today and a lot of mascaras are $10. I might as well just buy a high end for $8 more then!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This blush looks so pretty!!! Plus, gotta love a "Bouncy" blush! The name just sounds cute. I cant wait to scope out all these new offerings from Maybelline! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw this blush at my local cvs yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That foundation looks very intriguing, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Your's in Beauty, I agree. Hopefully they've stepped up the technology and we have products just as good as in Europe drugstores/chemists.

    ReplyDelete
  15. yay more goodies! any word on when these might actually start hitting shelves?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just bought three of these at CVS today. I live in Massachusetts...they were a little over 8$. I am on the fence. They are bouncy, and the texture feels nice. My only problem is that they are not very pigmented. I did buy some of the lighter shades, so the brighter darker ones might have better pay off.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You had me at Bouncy Blush...I'm sure these will make it to Canada by 2013 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am actually most excited about the concealer...
    but things take so long to be released in Canada.

    Time to make a trip across the border!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I ran into CVS to buy some tissues last night and they had the bouncy blush! I grabbed the coral color they have - It's interesting! Bouncy is a great word to describe these. If you tap your finger on the top it is definitely bouncy. When I swatched it on my hand in the car it looked GREAT! But when I tried to apply it later it was a bit hard. The rounded "bouncy" part of it made what appeared like I was rubbing my finger on the top of a giant blush bubble, and so the product was hard to get enough of on my finger without ruining the shape of the blush. Once I finally got some on my finger, i had to go back a few times to get enough to actually put on my face. However, once I finally blended it, it looked great :) I'm definitely wearing this today! If anyone wants a swatch or pictures of it or something, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just picked up one from Target today

    ReplyDelete
  21. Went to my local CVS last night and found this product on display already! I picked up two of their blushes. I can't wait to try it and let you know how they work out! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig