Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, November 20, 2011

Eye look using Jordana Color Effect Eyeshadow Duos

Last night, right when I was about to settle down in a nice pair of PJs and a good book, Mr. G said, "Let's go get some Japanese food!" Never one to turn down Japanese food, I jumped off the couch and hopped in the shower. 

When the time came to apply my makeup, I decided I wanted to go for a nice earthtone look (of course) and instead of reaching for my Urban Decay Naked Palette (which I've been reaching for a lot for my nighttime earthtone looks), I decided to play around with those Jordana Color Effect Eyeshadow Duos that I first showed you here and here. These duos can be found at Walgreens and Kmart and retail for $3.49 each.

In my initial review of those shadows, I mentioned that many of the shades are buttery soft and so silky to apply. Well the three shades I used to create this look are definitely some of the silkiest. I used one of my Urban Decay eyeshadow brushes to apply these shadows and I have to tell you: they apply as well as many of my UD shadows, even without primer. I was in a hurry and didn't use primer for this look:




For this look I used the following two Jordana Color Effect duos:



With the exception of my eyebrow pencil (Maybelline Define-A-Brow in Dark Blonde), this eye look was 100% Jordana:
  • I first applied the golden shade in the Splitting Image duo softly from lashline to crease
  • I used the bronze shade in the Smoky Browns duo on my crease
  • I applied the dark brown shade in Splitting Image on my outer "V" and lightly blended all three shades
I honestly am so impressed with these two eyeshadow duos--they are wonderfully pigmented and so easy to apply and blend. They're just so silky and soft; they feel like a higher-end eyeshadow to me. Also, even without primer, this look lasted me through dinner and all the way to bedtime with very minor fading and creasing. Granted, it was COLD last night so there wasn't a lot of opportunity for my oily skin to break through and ruin the look, but I'm still impressed with how well these shadows lasted without primer, and the vibrancy of the shadows without primer.

Do you own any Jordana Color Effect Eyeshadow Duos? For just $3.49 each at Walgreens and Kmart, I think they're worth looking into!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Love the shadows and cant blame you i also can never say no to japanese food even more place if its Tajima (its on convoy and is amazing!!!!). I wanted to pick up some shadows but the rain is making it difficult. Cant complain too much since we never really have bad weather in san diego.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, they look so pretty. I've wanted to try Jordana, but haven't seen them around much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty G! I love it. It's a great look for date night. I've never seen this duo before. The colors are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely!
    I had these in my hand the other day at Kmart then put them back because the line was insanely long...wish I'd gotten them now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks great G! For some reason the Fabu Liner just doesnt do it for me! It bleeds so badly as I apply it and smears!!! Also applies so light as to be grey. I dont have too oily of eyelids, perhaps a bit dry...idk... :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. can you buy these in store or only online?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig