Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, October 20, 2011

New series! Jordana Cosmetics at Walgreens, Part 1: Easyliners For Eyes

If you're a Walgreens shopper, you probably know by now that the Jordana display at Walgreens recently received a serious makeover with lots of new products. Thanks to Jordana, I'm bringing you a new series which, over the next few weeks, will cover ALL of the products now available at Walgreens stores across the nation. I'll be bringing you photos, swatches and commentary on all of the products now available at Walgreens and, to kick things off, we're going to start with the Jordana Easyliners for Eyes.

 Jordana Easyliners for Eyes Automatic Eyeliner Pencils
(retail: $1.99 each, 0.01 oz)

 *not pictured: Coffee Bean

The Jordana Easyliners for Eyes come in 13 shades. These are automatic eyeliners that require no sharpening.


After I took all of these photos and swatched every shade, I realized that I had mistakenly left out the shade Coffee Bean. Whoops! So my dear Coffee Bean, you're getting your moment in the spotlight:





And now, on to the other 12 shades:



Looking at the shade Mint, I was so surprised to see that, when swatched, it becomes this gorgeous, almost ethereal mermaid-type seafoam shade. My goodness, it's lovely!





If you haven't tried Jordana Easyliners for Eyes, I find them to be a very fun, and inexpensive, way to experiment with colors that you may have never tried before. I know that sometimes when I try to work up the courage to use a certain color as eyeliner, I don't want to shell out $8, $9 or more for fear of the color not working for me. So this is a great way to experiment and see what works for you before investing in a more expensive product. The range is full of fun shades and, as you can see, some shades contain shimmer while others are matte. 

I find that, on the whole, these liners are very easy to apply and there's no tugging or pulling during application, although certain shades do glide on a tiny bit more easily than others (for instance, Purple Fusion, above, is a little bit on the dry side). The pigmentation is very good; especially on the darker shades. The lighter shades might require you to go over your line a second time, but I have never found the need to repeatedly go over the line in order for the color to show up on my skin.

The staying power on my super-oily lids is good (I can get about 8-9 hours of wear on my upper lash liner, but less time on my lower lash line). They do tend to fade and smear a bit on my lower lashline when the weather is warm, so I would suggest using a primer first or going over your lower lashline with a corresponding powder eyeshadow to increase the staying power.

Removal is a snap for me--I don't even need eye makeup remover; my standard facial cleanser removes these just fine.

Do you own any Jordana Easyliners for Eyes? If so, what shades do you own and how do you like them? Please stay tuned for more Jordana posts as this ongoing series continues.

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. This is great, thank you! I've seen Jordana products and wondered what they were like and now I know :) I think I'll be picking up the seagreen tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just picked up Blue Devine today. Now I NEED Denim Blue and Eggplant! Thanks for the swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look pretty nice. I am going to have to snag a couple and see how they work for me. Sometimes I like fun coloured liner but I don't want to pay a lot for it. This could be a good solution. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo! I'll have to try one of those out!

    I recently got the Fabubrow eyebrow pencil in taupe and I love it! Not stark, the first eyebrow pencil that I've used that looks natural. I can't wait to read your reviews on this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might have to get Mint...it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Denim Blue, Bliss, Lavish Brown and of course black. I like to keep them in my purse for when I may need a quick touch up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the Blue Divine and Purple Fusion. The Purple Fusion is good, but the Blue Divine smears like crazy. It makes a hot mess especially under the eyes and I do not have oily eyes. I tried it several times and finally just threw it out. I tried setting it with eye shadow, no luck. It smears and moves. This was the second time I tried this color. I tried it a few years ago with the same results. I thought maybe they changed the formula by now, but no.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder if the Purple Fusion is a dupe for Urban Decay's Ransom...Hmmmm...These are gorgeous. I'm def gonna pick up Brown Suede and Coffee Bean :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been using these for a while now and love them! The colors are so vibrant and they go on smooth. Some of them do shift but if you top them with an eye shadow they stay pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been looking for a nude/beige colored eyeliner that I can apply to my waterline -- kind of like the ol' white eyeliner trick to open up your eyes, but less ostentatious. I realize Pixi and some higher end products (Chanel, Stila, etc) make them, but I'd like to avoid spending sixteen dollars for an eyeliner. Any tips, G?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all the comments on this post, ladies! I was hoping this might be helpful to those who have been thinking of making a purchase--I can't wait to show you everything else. :)

    Tracy: I heard that the new L'Oreal double-ended liners are good for this. I posted about them a while back here.

    Knitnpaint: I'm so sorry that shade didn't work for you. Maybe you might have better luck with one of the "drier" shades like eggplant since you said the purple one worked well for you? Eggplant seems to be a little bit drier like Purple Fusion. hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great topic and review! I've loved Jordana for years; I can't wait to see/read all your future Jordana review! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just tried Sterling Blue and Purple Fusion and they were both honestly terrible. I put one on each eye and I checked about 30 mins later and they'd both disappeared! Sterling Blue melted off my lower lash and Purple Fusion is literally nowhere to be found, I have no idea how it faded so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bought the black one a LOOONG time ago but never used it, maybe I should try it now... Hmm

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have Mint. It's really nice. I think if the liners don't stay on very well, a primer might help.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Last week, Denim Blue was on sale (just Denim Blue- ?) at Walgreens for 60¢ so of course I had to get it! Very pleased with it so far; not a shade I would have chosen- purple, brown or green would be my first choice- but for less than $1, who's arguing? =)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig