Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Update on Revlon polish deals this week

Thanks so much to Halifax for bringing it to my attention that the info I posted in my weekly drugstore sale post was incorrect. Here's the breakdown:

At Walgreens: Revlon polishes (excludes Top Speed and treatments) are on sale for $3.99 (not $4.99 as previously indicated) and you get $3 back in Register Rewards (limit 1).

Since Sinful Colors are also on sale this week for $0.99 at most Walgreens locations, here's a scenario:

Buy one Revlon polish for $3.99 out of pocket. Then take your $3 Register Rewards and purchase 4 bottles of Sinful Colors polishes and pay just $0.96 (before tax). For $4.95, you'll have five new polishes!

The deal at CVS is as follows: buy one Revlon polish for $4.99 and get $3 back in Extra Bucks. There is a limit of SIX on this deal, so you can roll this over six times. In other words:

Buy one Revlon polish for $4.99, get $3 EB. Then take your $3 EB to buy another Revlon polish and pay $1.99 out of pocket and get $3 EB. Take that $3 EB and buy another for $1.99 out of pocket and so forth a total of six times (including your original purchase). In the end, you'll spend $14.95 (before tax) on six bottles of Revlon polish (regular retail for six bottles of Revlon polish is $29.94).

Or of course you could just buy six bottles all at once for $29.94 and receive $18 back in Extra Bucks.

Thanks again, Halifax, for bringing that error to my attention!

BY THE WAY: If you were wondering what freebies are at CVS this week (remember, I posted that if you scan your Extra Care card at the red scanner box you'll receive coupons for FREE products), here's what my coupons were:

1 box of CVS brand band-aids (20 count)
1 Caramello candy bar

I was charged $0.07 in sales tax for these freebies, but 7 cents for a box of band-aids and a candy bar isn't bad at all, right?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. ARGH!!! I knew I was forgetting something...the Revlon polish at Walgreens! =( BUT I got 3 SC polishes and 2 nail art polishes (which are also $.99!) today. Hmmm do I go back tomorrow to take advantage of the register rewards? 0_o

    ReplyDelete
  2. i actually got 4 revlon polishes today with that deal at walgreens. i had 3 $1 off coupons and one $2 off coupon and i just did 4 different transactions. i had a little trouble because at first they said there was only a limit of 2 deals per day. the ad only says limit 1 RR per transaction and not a limit of how many actual deals you could do so thats why i had to do them separately. after i told them this and promised i would step out of line if they had other customers come up and talking to a manager they let me do it. i figured i would say this just in case people have problems with wanting more than just 1 polish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My CVS has a display of those Revlons that are a dupe of the latest Chanel (Graphite, I think?). I bought that thinking I'd get the register reward on my receipt, but D'oh! I didn't check the receipt before I left, it's not there. I guess those ones don't count either. I still want the polish though so I'll just go back for a different one or do the Walgreens deal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just FYI, the Walgreens Revlon sale doesn't include special edition stuff like the Just Tinted gels. ):

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, thanks for the heads up, Clementine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to Walgreens the other to see what SC colors I could pick up and it seemed that they took all the Sinful Colors and hid them! I kid you not, there was only one small counter display of the twirly colors...WTF???? I was really annoyed. Left without a purchase. Their loss!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig