Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Review: Bath & Body Works Lunch Box Bundle

I don't even want to get into how long it's been since I was in school (put it this way: I graduated from college when MAC was still a "new and mysterious" young cosmetics brand). But something about this week has got me in full back-to-school mode, as evidenced by my need to turn a school supply into a nail sticker organizer.

Anyway, these Bath & Body Works Lunch Box PocketBacs are just too cute, aren't they?

 Bath & Body Works Lunch Box Bundle
(retail: $7.50 for the set of five; 1.0 oz per bottle)


If you're interested in picking up the entire Lunch Box Bundle, I want to make sure you know that it's currently on sale on the BBW website for $5. That's a nice deal since the regular price is $7.50. I wish I knew if this deal was going on in-store as well, because I'd tell you to check it out if you're already planning on attending the Paris Amour Event this Saturday.

Let's take a look at each scent, shall we?

 Marshmallow Treat

I LOVE marshmallow scents, especially if they're not the usual toasted marshmallow. And it's even better if it's a marshmallow krispie type of scent, which is exactly why this one's my favorite of the bunch. I get the ooey gooey marshmallow note, and I also get the cereal note in this one. LOVE it. 

(Note: don't expect these anti-bacs to smell fantastic straight out of the bottle, because you're always going to get a strong alcohol note at first. After you apply them to your hands, give them a minute or two for the fragrance to develop--and for the alcohol to fade--and sniff again. It should be much more yummy that way.)

 PB & J

I love that the color inside the bottle looks exactly like raspberry jelly! Anyway, this one is going to smell strongly of berry at first, but after a minute or two on the skin, the peanut butter will slowly make its way to your nose.

 Juice Box

This one is extremely authentic! I swear, it smells exactly like a fruit punch juice box to me. BBW, how do you do it?

 Honey Pretzel

I don't normally think of honey pretzels when I think of lunch boxes, but this one smells a lot like kettle corn to me at first. After about five minutes on the skin, I get more of that honey note and it starts to smell more pretzel-y. This one's probably the strongest and longest-lasting fragrance of the five.

Bag of Grapes

I got excited thinking this was going to be a green grape scent (based on the color of the liquid) but to my sniffer, it lies somewhere in between the usual candy-type grape we all know and love (purple/red grapes) and real green grapes. It's hard for me explain, but it's almost like a softer candy-grape scent just a touch of a more fresh, green note to it.

Thanks for reading, and don't forget that you can pick these up for $5 right now on the BBW site (regular price: $7.50) if you're interested. 

Do you own any thing from the Lunch Box collection? If so, what's your favorite scent?

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Um, I have seen NOTHING about this until now! I will for sure be checking it out! I think I'll love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pocketbacs are pretty much always 5 for $5 in the stores (i work in one). You can mix and match in case you dont like all five scents in this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The honey pretzel one is my absolute favourite. I'm always sneaking little dabs of it at work, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen the Marshmallow Treat one - yum!! I have the Honey Pretzel and Fruit Punch ones - I love them both! They're definitely spot-on - the Fruit Punch one makes me thirsty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marshmallow Treat sounds good, but I'll definitely walk right past PB&J. Can't stand to eat it, smell it or make it. Ewwwww.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The deal IS in stores, as PocketBacs are always 5/$5...
    My friends and I sniffed these yesterday, and the marshmallow one smells SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really cute. B&BW is coming up with some very cool stuff. I can't wait to see what they treat us to for Christmas.

    Here's how old I am: When I was in college taking computer classes, Windows for PCs hadn't been invented yet. We did everything in DOS. F9 key!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig