Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My $0.39 nail sticker storage solution

If you follow me on Twitter, then you know that I've been tweeting about how all scrapbooking storage (which is also fantastic for makeup storage) is 40% off this week at Michael's. Such a great deal, and I'll get to what I purchased during this sale in another post (hopefully later today or tomorrow morning).

But since I'm on an organization kick these days, which I haven't been on since this post, I want to share with you my latest (ridiculously inexpensive) storage solution:

...for just 39 cents!


I was cruising down the seasonal school supplies aisle at Walgreens the other day and I saw these index card cases for just $0.39 each. Every time I see these, I say to myself, "What else could you use these for besides index cards??"

And then it hit me: NAIL STICKERS.

So I bought a purple case, took it home and got to work with all of my miscellaneous nail art stickers that I keep in a cluttered mess in one of my plastic nail polish crates.

Here's the finished project:

Penway Index Card Case
(retail: $0.39 at Walgreens)

These little cases come with a clear sleeve attached on the front with a removable card to write your info on--in this case, I listed the different types of stickers I'll be storing in each section:


As you can see, this case also comes with little stickers that you can put on each tab. I decided to number them according to the "chart" I created on the front.

Of course it's completely up to you as to how you want to organize each section of your case, but this is just how I chose to do it based on the types of stickers I own:


1: nail art guides for French manis
2. white art
3. colorful art
4. holo art
5. art that contains rhinestones
6. nail wraps (in this case, the ones from Broadway Nails, which I reviewed here)

There's plenty of room in this case to even store the little nail file that comes with the nail wraps (see above).

And in case you were wondering, the nail wrap sticker sheets fit BEAUTIFULLY inside this case, with room to spare (I really lucked out!):


If you're a total nail sticker fanatic, you could purchase multiple cases and refine your categories per case (flowers, hearts, butterflies, butterflies with rhinestones, etc. etc.). But for the average nail sticker user, I think one case is large enough to handle all the miscellanous sheets you may have lying around.

I have to tell you, it feels great to have all of my various nail stickers in one small, organized container. It's so easy to just grab it and head to the couch for a mani or pedi!

I hope this helps those of you looking for an EXTREMELY low-cost beauty storage solution. Just head over to your local Walgreens before the seasonal back-to-school display goes away!

How do you store your nail art stickers?
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. What a great idea!! I never would have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, G! I would like to see more storage solutions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't use nail stickers but I do use shoe organizers ($1 at dollar type stores) for my false lashes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT! I am obsessed with finding (pardon my french) shit to put my shit in. LOVE IT AND I LOVE YOUR HANDWRITING! Too Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing the brilliant idea! i never thought of indexing them, and each time i need to use one, i have to run through the whole pile to find what i want. thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't use nail stickers but that's definitely fantastic! Recently I did a major overhaul in my room and I really disliked my current makeup organization (or lack there of) so I used some pencil boxes, cute gift bags (the plastic kind with the zipper), and containers for other beauty products to store everything by product type. I'm still working on where to put them so that they're easily accessible while keeping the top of my dresser neat, but I'm loving things a whole lot more now! Seeing as I'm not done with school supply shopping, I'll keep this in mind for my face products, which still don't have a home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. brilliant idea....creative you....

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig