Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Lipstick League – week of 8.8.11


Lipstick League Question of the Week: 

What perfume can bring back memories with just one sniff?

G's Answer: Although I have tons of perfumes that instantly remind me of things, I'm going to pick Aramis cologne. My dad wore nothing but Aramis when I was growing up, and smelling it now takes me back to when I was very young, and he'd come into my bedroom early in the morning before he left for work to give me a goodbye kiss on the cheek while I was still asleep. When I would eventually wake up to get ready for school, I could always smell Aramis in the air and know that he already left for work. OK, I'm going to stop now before I cry! Such a sweet, sweet memory (love you dad, if you're reading this!).

Links of the Week:

Pink Sith – has swatches of two of the new NARS Night Series Nail Polishes. One conjures memories of a 1980’s rock song and the other, a 1980’s TV show. Find out which is which!

Phyrra – shares a new sensitive skin serum, Pai Rosehip BioRegenerate Fruit Seed Oil!

Prime Beauty – has a fabulous Splurge v.s. Steal for us this week. Find out what foundation is a dupe for Napoleon Perdis Advanced Mineral Makeup and cost 4 times less!

we heart this – finds out that Jo Malone candles are as fabulous as their fragrances. Especially these David Hicks designed ones!

Beauty Junkies Unite – What’s British, colorful, and sold exclusively at Sephora in the U.S.? Check out nails inc., which just launched Thursday!

Clumps of Mascara – is absolutely in love with purple lips. Think you could rock ’em?

EauMG – reviews an indie perfume from Arcana that smells like blackberry jam.

Lipglossiping – ditches her beloved black eyeliners for softer greys when she takes a closer look at Estee Lauder’s latest collection!

Nouveau Cheap – shows you the entire Wet n Wild On the Prowl Collection. For a Halloween nail polish collection, this one’s full of the unexpected!

Do you have a fragrance that instantly brings back memories in one whiff?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. "Sunflowers" and Clinique's "Happy". I wore Sunflowers all through high school, yet my best friend wore Happy (and I always wanted to get my hands on some, but it was a bit pricier than Sunflowers). So, when I smell then, it reminds me of when I was younger and when I was envious at the same time. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Potion by Lush-- the carnation scent reminds me of the old fashioned pinks my Grandmother grew-- when I wear it it instantly takes me back to her place in the country and makes me smile...

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig