Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, July 23, 2011

Swatchfest: NYC Limited Edition Bronze Bliss Collection (pic heavy)

If you caught my review of the NYC limited edition Blushable Creme Stick in Gold Radiance, you know that I'm loving the Bronze Bliss collection (it might be my favorite LE collection from NYC to date!).

So today I'd like to show you several other products from this collection that I received from NYC--I hope that this helps to give you a better idea of these products so that you'll know if they're worth the hunt! As always, I cannot tell you exactly where you can find this LE collection, but I do know it's been popping up at Rite Aids for the past several weeks now, and I believe other drugstores as well. To see pics of the actual display, click here.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not a review. I am showing you swatches for color but I'm not evaluating these products at this time. Since the summer LE collections come and go so quickly at the drugstores, I hope you'll forgive me for skipping the formal reviews--I wanted to get these swatches up as quickly as possible.

ALL PRODUCTS IN THIS POST WERE SWATCHED ON BARE SKIN WITH NO PRIMER

 Limited Edition Sparkle Eye Dusts





As you can see, even though it looks like a rich chocolate brown in the package, Topaz Shimmer turns to a charcoal brown with fine bronze sparkle when it's swatched on the skin. This one could definitely benefit from a primer or I'd even suggested foiling for maximum color payoff if you don't want a sheer look.

 Limited Edition Color Wheels

 Bronze Bliss

Perfect for those with deeper skintones, Bronze Bliss would be absolutely stunning if you are NC35 or higher. It might be a little too bold if you're in the NC20s or below (unless you use a very light touch--this one's super pigmented).

 Pearl Glow

The minute I swatches Pearl Glow I immediately thought: REDHEADS! This is a very subtle bronzer/highlighter that will add more of a "glow" than a dramatic pop of pigment to the skin. I think it would be absolutely stunning on redheads and those with very fair skin who can normally not wear most bronzers.

 Golden Touch

If you're in the NC20-25 category and you don't know which of the three to get, this would probably be your best bet. It's gorgeous without being over-the-top and I find that I can even be a little heavy-handed and not look like a clown wearing Golden Touch. I'm an NC20 and this is my favorite shade on me.




Limited Edition Smooch Proof 16H Lipstains



You all know how much I adore NYC lipstains, and these two shades are no exception! Coral Reef is a beautiful coral-berry-mauve and Tropic Tan is a lovely neutral bubblegum pink. Both deliver such a pretty wash of color to the lips.

 Limited Edition Blushable Creme Stick in Bronze Radiance





If the other Blushable Creme Stick in this collection had too much glitter in it for you, you're probably going to ADORE this one. Bronze Radiance is the perfect name for this shade--it's got a beautiful radiant glow to it and no sparkle at all (just shimmer).  Since it's so very pigmented, you can control the intensity depending on how much blending you do:


Enlarge the above pic to see how this one looks blended out on the back of my hand. It's so darned pretty in person I just kept staring at my hand after I swatched this. For me, this is a must-have.

I hope this post helps give you a better idea of what the Bronze Bliss collection has to offer! Have you spotted this display in your area yet? If so, have you made any purchases?

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. i purchased the bronze radiance blushable creme stick and its total love! ive worn it everyday even if i dont wear a full face of makeup because it just gives me the most beautiful radiance! and especially with my skin a little tanned i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Pearl Glow would work with my medium pale skin tone. I'll have to look for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cream stick looks amazing! May have to pick it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i only have a walgreens and walmart near me so these products are unavailable to me :( but i'm hoping to get out of town soon so i can pick up most of this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. While I did not purchase any of these yet, I did spot them at Kmart if anyone is interested and cant find them in the drugstores.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only place I've seen this is at CVS, so check there too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish the got this collection where i live :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE Coral Reef - I've been wearing it a lot this summer! I also picked up Pearl Glow - very pretty, but I probably should have went with Golden Touch instead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I'm pretty sure I need that Pearl Glow color wheel (they remind me of a drugstore version of Smashbox Soft Lights!) and both of those lipstains! Please do not only be available at CVS because there isn't close by me :(

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig