Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, June 26, 2011

Standing in the shower thinking...

The title of this post is actually a reference to an old Jane's Addiction song, but I know I'm not alone in this. Perhaps my best (or worst) ideas come to me when I'm standing in the shower thinking.

Take today, for instance. As I was using the last drops of my Suave limited edition Holiday 2010 Peppermint Bliss body wash, I started to think about how I wish that Suave would come out with a dessert line. Maybe four or five yummy dessert-scented body washes.  In fact, I even went so far as to create the scents in my mind. My dream Suave body wash collection would be:

Hot Cocoa with Marshmallows
Lemon Granita
Crème brûlé
Strawberry Cupcakes
Pistachio Ice Cream

Oh how I wish my dream would come true! I would buy each body wash three times over, I tell you!

So anyway, that got me thinking about OTHER things I wish would magically appear at the drugstore. Take for instance, I'd love to see a line of iridescent flakie polishes from Sally Hansen, one in each color of the rainbow. They HAVE to know that Hidden Treasure was the biggest thing since sliced bread when it came out, and I guarantee a collection of flakies would be a HIT at the drugstore.

I know this is Wednesday-Question-ish, but who cares? I want to know what YOU would like to see from our beloved drugstore brands, if you ruled the world. Tell me, tell me!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I just wish Wet n Wild would re-issue their shimmer 832D... And maybe for Adidas to make womens body wash? Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you G on the Suave scents. Can I throw in Margarita? Even tho' its not a dessert? I would love to see wonderfully glittery body lotions or creams and a drugstore price. I think they are so pretty with a sun dress in the evening in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I would love to smell like creme brule ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is out there: a towelette that washes the face but will moisturize it and leave a tint behind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If Samy Fat Foam hairdye came in a rainbow of colors, that would be awesome :D And if Wet n Wild made a collection of just matte eyeshadows and lipsticks, that would be cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wish Suave would make their Coconut shower gel smell as good as their Coconut shampoo smells.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love more sally hansen flaky polishes! i love hidden treasure so freaking much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would kill for a decent spin-off of Hidden Treasure, it's one of my faves. I picked up Sinful's Deep Blue Ocean from CherryCulture awhile back, and it's just...unusable. :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. a moisturizer with SPF 30 and salicyclic acid. Or really, more high SPF moisturizers/foundations. Hopefully with the new FDA rules the next few years will see more high SPF products, especially those with UVB protection, since those are what cause wrinkles. I may be 21 but prevention is the best defense against premature aging, right?

    I'm still on the hunt for the perfect light sunscreen to use under my makeup, I know neutrogena released onerecently at walgreen's, but it's $14 I think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would absolutely LOVE it if SH would issue a line of flakie np in the SHCSM formula. I really don't understand why they don't make Hidden Treasure part of their core collection; seems like they'd make a ton of money from it. And I'd like to see Olay In Shower body lotion make a comeback - it's not available anywhere where I am, and I just loved that product. Oh, and I could totally get behind a WnW matte e/s line, or more palettes that mix matte & shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. G., have you tried Dial Body Wash in Soy & Almond Milk? To me it has the scent of marshmallow to it....along with the almond. You may like it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this song! I know it will be in my head all day after reading this post! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig