Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, April 16, 2011

Rite Aid clearance report and new makeup from Starry

So I've been hearing that many of you have spotted some great clearance deals at Rite Aid lately. I haven't found much at my usual locations, so I went to my super-secret magic Rite Aid (which is a pretty far drive from my home) that always has the best stuff, hoping to spot some good deals.

This super-secret Rite Aid location is a drugstore-beauty-lover's paradise. They always have all the new displays, and they're ALWAYS fully-stocked. Heck, I've been looking for that Jesse's Girl OPI Catch Me in Your Net dupe, Glee, forEVER and it's always sold out wherever I go. But not at this Rite Aid! I finally picked up Glee (which I will swatch soon if you're interested). They also had the new LE Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polishes and the display still had BOTH bottles of Snappy Sprinkles, which is a small miracle.

So anyway, let me show you what else I spotted:


I was really impressed with these little polishes, and I can't believe they're already on clearance for just $1! If you haven't tired them yet, now's a good time to grab some. You can see my review here.


I also spotted these new Two Layer Makeup Kits from Starry. The top layer contains eight shades of eyeshadow, while the bottom layer contains two mineral blushes and four lip glosses. I didn't catch the retail price, but I have a feeling they're probably around $5.99 each.



I also spotted these Starry Crystal Lipglosses. The colors all seem to contain shimmer, and how cute is that little dangling mini-gloss that's attached to the tubes? I didn't catch the retail price on these either, but I'm guessing they're probably around $2.99 or $3.99.


In my area, Rite Aid seems to be increasing the amount of lesser-known cheapie brands of makeup (like City Colors and oke.doke) which I think is always fun.

I didn't find any other cosmetics on clearance at my super-secret Rite Aid, aside from a few Wet n Wild products on the wall display that were 75% off (Mega Mixers glosses and a few other things that I believe are being discontinued). Rite Aid shoppers: what have you found on clearance lately?
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I saw some Maybelline Eye Studio eyeshadows for like 3 bucks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA, I wanna go to your secret Rite Aid too lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info I love rite aid's sales

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a couple Demeter fragrances for like 4.99. The only 2 Rite Aid stores near me seem to empty out their mini displays fairly fast so there's not usually anything cool on clearance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK... I am also in San Diego... please let me in on the location of your secret RiteAid? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could find a magic Rite Aid. At the ones near me, the displays look like they've been savaged by a bear. heh

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hit the WnW clearance rack again to make sure there wasn't anything left that I wanted and missed, and I picked up a bottle of 'Blackmail'. I almost missed it because I thought it was straight black polish and I already have that, but it has gorgeous pink and silver shimmer in it. Squee! I also got a shadow trio and I'm really impressed with the shadow. I'm probably older than you so you may not know that WnW's quality has increased about a hundredfold since I was 14 and WnW was all I could afford on my allowance. Anyone who remembers the gritty shadows of yore should toss that memory and try these, they are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the Jane stuff was gone at my Rite Aid, replaced with Rimmel!!! I didn't see anything really interesting there. I wish it were Milani instead :( But Rimmel does have that Lasting Finish foundation that Emilynoel likes. Maybe I'll try that sometime.

    I found stuff in clearance bins. CG Wetslicks were there but for $6! I'm not buying it at that price :p I also saw some Maybelline lipsticks and I got a lipgloss in a fancy silver metal tube for $1.50. Maybelline fast dry LE polishes were also $2 on clearance, they were in a pearly yellow, pearly sky blue and pearly pinkypeach.
    PF gel eyeliner trios were also 50% off.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig