Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, April 6, 2011

New limited edition polishes from Borghese and Sally Hansen

Back in the middle of March, my reader Courtney left a comment on my You Tell Me post about some new limited edition Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polishes. She mentioned a glitter polish (bar glitter, to be exact) that I haven't been able to get out of my mind after reading her description. It's called Snappy Sprinkles, which is just an adorable name for a glitter polish, don't ya think?

So anyway, since reading her comment, I've been keeping my eyes peeled for this display and I FINALLY found it the other day at Rite Aid. I'm sure that many of you have already seen it by now, but just in case, I wanted to show it to you because this collection is chock full of pretty springtime colors:






I could not capture the beauty of Snappy Sprinkles in a photo. It's kind of unique because the pink and green bar glitter is floating around in a clear base, but the base looks kind of cloudy? I don't know how to describe it, but it's got this blurry, almost foggy look to it that just captivates me.

Next up, I spotted the new limited edition Borghese collection, which is called Fantasioso. This LE collection contains the new Rapido (fast-dry) formula polishes:


 Castello Blue, Romanzo Pink, Fantastico Lime

Fantastico Lime, Incantanto Purple, Capriccio Blue, Felice Tangerine

What I find interesting about this display is that they put two VERY similar blues in the same collection. I actually prefer Castello Blue (the lighter shade) because it's got a very dusty quality to it--it totally reminds me of faded blue jeans.

Nail polish gals: what do you think of these new LE collections? Do you already own any of these shades? Any must-haves? I'd love to hear from you!

PS: After months and months of lusting after Borghese Stellare Notte, I just have to share with you that I feel like I won the lottery because I stumbled across a clearance bin full of Borghese polishes at Rite Aid and I FINALLY got Stellare Notte for just $2. Yay! Definitely check out the lovely Miss Kellie's swatches to see this little chameleon.


SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Lucky on those great clearance bins!! We don't have clearance bins, but we do have bins where they put random makeup that's still full price. Weird. I can't wait to check RiteAid for these polishes!! I emailed SH about the Tracey Reese/Prabal Gurung collections, and they said they won't be out until June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The glittery one from SH caught my eye, I'm such a sucker for glittery polishes :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Sally Insta Dry look really pretty and springy. I'm with you-bring on the brits ansd pastel cremes. Time to put all the dark shades to bed for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of the new SHs are at the Target in Lemon Grove (they also have a new Sinful Color display with some new shades)

    I got that Castello shade. While its a pretty light dusty blue-gray the formula was horrendous and so streaky and took forever to dry

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw both of these displays in my Rite Aid last night. I'm not a huge Borghese fan, and the colors didn't "wow" me, so I passed on those. (Note: my Rite Aid had a pad of $1 off coupons on that display.) I thought the SHs were pretty, and I almost got Blue Away and Snappy Sprinkles, but didn't. I might have to go back for Snappy Sprinkles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder does anyone have a problem with chipping and peeling when using instant dry polishes? I know I do even with Bonder and a top coat. So I tend to steer clear. I love the Borghese polishes saw them in my Rite Aid the other day...may "adopt" a new pastel blue for my collection...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been eyeing Snappy Sprinkles for a while now, but I'm waiting for a sale before I give in. So far, I've only seen the display at Rite Aid and Target.

    BTW, Borghese polishes sometimes surface at Ross. That's where I found Stellare Notte for $2 sometime last year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you found the display! Ours is nearly picked clean, but I'm hoping they'll be restocked. I keep picking up Chartreuse Chase, Blue-Away and Raspberry Race... I'm sure I'm going to end up giving in to a couple of them! Blue-Away I could actually justify (to myself), because I don't have much in the way of light blue other than Hard Candy's Sky, which has a TERRIBLE formula. It's time to give Snappy Sprinkles another try - I need to apply it when I can actually see what I'm doing this time. It was a lot of fun as a "make your St. Pat's Day mani more interesting" polish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. virginiaisforluvrs: Oh that IS weird! :( And thank you SO much for the update on the Tracey Reese collection. Wow...June it is, then! I guess we can wait patiently till then, huh? lol.

    Roxanne: me too!

    ShakeupYourMakeup: Yep, I'm so done with chocolate browns and vampy reds for a while. :)

    J: Oooh are you serious? I didn't even know the Target in Lemon Grove carried Sinful!! Thank you for the awesome tip! Oh, and bummer about the Borghese polish. :(

    Christinah: Oh I'm so bummed my display didn't have the tear-pad coupons. Boo! lol

    robin: *raises hand* I DO! I DO! I cannot for the life of me get the Insta-Dris to NOT peel on my nails, and I use Bonder too. I thought it was just me--I am SO glad you have the same problem. Well, I'm not *glad*, but you know what I mean. I hear all the time that the Insta-Dris wear like iron for most people, but not for me. Boo!

    T-Rex: I LOVE your tips and info, do you know that? I haven't seen the Borghese polishes at Ross, but I will DEFINITELY keep an eye out for them now. Two bucks is a great deal!

    Courtney: Yay! I was hoping you'd read this post! My obsession with Snappy Sprinkles is 100% due to you. lol!!! I picked up Chartreuse Chase too, and then put it down! Gotta wait for a good sale (of course). Thanks again for leaving that original comment. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. i just bought jade jump last night! haven't swatched it yet, but i will tonight, probably.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I heard about Snappy Sprinkles awhile ago & was on the lookout for it. I got it about 2 weeks ago at Target & I'm wearing it today. I thought it was a little tricky to work with to get even glitter distribution. It IS different from any other glitter polishes I have though!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig