Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, April 17, 2011

CVS body and skincare clearance sale (and a haul)

I've been hearing reports of various beauty products on clearance (again!) at CVS, so when I was at a local CVS recently to take advantage of last week's Softsoap deal (more on that in a bit) I spotted lots and lots of body products and skincare on clearance in the natural beauty care aisle and I thought it might be helpful to share what I found with you. I don't know if this is going to be like the CVS makeup clearance, where you can scan these products and the sale price will come up in the system (even if you don't see signs) so all I can say, is: TRY! If you want anything mentioned here, take it to the red scanner box, scan it and see if it comes up on clearance!

I'll give you five dollars (not really) if you can guess which clearance product had me doing cartwheels down the aisle:


Various Alba haircare products and Giovanni body care products


Various JASON haircare products 
(not surprising since this brand is undergoing a major packaging makeover)


Alba Cerenade skincare products

 

Various Weleda Wild Rose products and a few Yes to Carrots products


Avalon Organics Clarifying Lemon Shampoo


Alba Shave Lotion and, um, KISS MY FACE MOISTURE SHAVE! For just $3.99!

If you guessed that Kiss My Face Moisture Shave had me doing cartwheels down the aisle, you're 100% correct! I posted recently that KMF improved the formula of Moisture Shave (now paraben-free) and you can see my review here (this review explains my absolute love and devotion to this product). So it's no surprise that it's on clearance because they're probably making room for the new version.  You can bet that if you're in San Diego you're not going to see these on shelves for long because I WILL be buying as many as I can. For this price? I have never seen this product on sale anywhere for less than $6.99, so it's pretty amazing.


These products are not on clearance--I just wanted to show you the latest packaging makeover from Freeman. The new package is on the left, the old package is on the right. Which do you like better?


And finally, my haul:

In this trip, I bought the three body washes you see above (fyi, if you like the Softsoap Sea Minerals hand soap I reviewed a while back, the Spa Radiant body wash smells JUST like it). Not pictured: one bottle of Kiss My Face Moisture Shave.

The retail price for Softsoap body washes at CVS is $4.98 and Kiss My Face Moisture Shave retails for $7.99 regularly. 

The total retail price for this purchase = $22.93
My total price out of pocket = $8.99

How did I do it? Easy!

Softsoap body washes were on sale last week 3/$9 with $3 back in Extra Bucks. I also had a coupon from a previous Sunday newspaper for $1 off a Softsoap body wash. So In my first transaction, I purchased the three body washes with my $1 coupon and paid $8 total.

Then for my second transaction, I purchased the Kiss My Face Moisture Shave for $3.99 on clearance, and used the $3 Extra Bucks I got from the body washes and paid $0.99!

So basically I got three full-size body washes AND my beloved Moisture Shave for roughly the price of just one bottle of Moisture Shave. Not too bad!

Have you spotted any great clearance deals at CVS lately?
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Nope, not bad at all! Practically a steal. And a lot of those on clearance are expensive at regular price, but this price makes them sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rite Aid is also doing 50% off of certain products, but the selection is a lot smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use the Alba styling cream that looks like it's one of the 50% off products - does this mean it is being discontiued?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ive been wanting to try the Kiss My Face Moisture Shave. I didnt see it at the CVs near my Mom's house(but i wasn't really looking)But they dont carry alot. Ill check at CVS near my house to see. Im almost out of shave gel. I looked at health food store and was going to by it but itwas $8 there. So im glad to see this price. Hopefully my CVS or another one in the next town will have these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a coupon in the latest issue of allyou for $2 off any full size Kiss My Face product.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is this hippie CVS you apparently have in California? I've never, ever seen Kiss My Face, Yes to Carrots, or any of those organic brands at mine here in New Hampshire. So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Spa radiant body wash. Right now though im using the strawberry scrub one u reviewed. I also like the coconut one too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They dont carry Kiss My Face products at my CVS. AHh:-(

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig