Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Kiss My Face Moisture Shave (new packaging and now paraben-free!)

Almost exactly two years ago, I wrote this review for my beloved Kiss My Face Moisture Shave. For me (and apparently several of you) it's just THE BEST. Period. It moisturizes my skin without being heavy and clogging up my razor, it's got the perfect amount of slip and it never, ever causes razor burn, ingrown hairs, nicks or cuts. It's just the perfect shaving cream for me, and I love love love every fragrance (I was hooked on Key Lime for most of last year, but now I've moved back to Cool Mint).

I have been using Moisture Shave for probably over a decade now and I never, ever waiver from it (try searching "shaving cream" on this blog and you won't find many reviews because I simply never want to use another product). And by now, I know all of the places in my town where I can purchase this product. CVS is my go-to store for Moisture Shave, but I also know that a local natural foods store also carries it, so the other day when I was at this particular store, I decided to pick up a bottle.

When I went to the beauty aisle to grab a bottle, I was shocked to find this:

Kiss My Face Moisture Shave
(retail: around $7, 11 oz)

Kiss My Face Moisture Shave got a dramatic makeover! Well, the bottle shape and size are exactly the same--only the label has changed--so I guess it's not dramatic, but it's a lot different! You can click here to see the old label.

And most importantly, Moisture Shave is now paraben-free. I am embarrassed to admit I didn't even realize the original formula contained parabens, but when I looked at an older bottle that was still on the shelf at the grocery store next to the new bottles, I noticed that the old formula actually contains two different types of parabens.


So here's the big question: has the performance of this product changed? Well I must admit, I was scared when I first tried this new formula because, Kiss My Face, if you mess with my Moisture Shave you'll never hear the end of it from me!

After using the new formula in Cool Mint for over a week now, I can say with a huge sigh of relief that I literally cannot detect any difference between the old formula and the new formula. WHEW!

I don't feel any decline whatsoever in performance, texture or fragrance. In my opinion, the change in formula has not changed the way Moisture Shave works for me one bit, and I cannot express to you how happy I am to report that.

My fellow Moisture Shave fans, be on the lookout for the new packaging and paraben-free formula. I'm sure they'll be hitting your area soon, and you can rest assured that the performance is just as wonderful as it's always been.

PS: I should also mention that this product is vegan and cruelty-free as well!

Are you a fan of Kiss My Face Moisture Shave? Are you excited to see that they've removed the parabens and updated the packaging? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. ive read your reviews on this product and i can never find it anywhere in stores =\

    ReplyDelete
  2. sexxichickee: Not even at CVS? The thing is, it's not next to the other shave creams and shave gels. You have to look in the natural beauty products aisle (where Burt's Bees, etc. are located). That's where it is at all of the CVS stores in my area. Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this stuff! It's the only shave cream I've tried that doesn't give me razor burn. I've actually only tried the fragrance free version, my skin is so sensitive I always worry that the fragrance might irritate it. I can't believe I never noticed the parabens before, I'm usually really conscious of that kind of thing! Glad they got rid of them. So happy to hear the formula is still amazing. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tried tons of shave creams and this one is hands down the best. The only one I have used for years now. I never thought to look at CVS. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i never knew that kiss my face did a shave cream...too bad i cant find the line anywhere is CNY :/.
    just like sexxxichickee...oh well i will keep it in the back of my mind just in case. what is the price point on this by the by?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Kiss My Fave moisture shave. I picked it up after your review and I'm hooked. It's easier to use than a foam but better than a shower gel.
    I also like to save the bottles to put my shower gel in them. They're a nice size that doesn't take up too much room, and I can use the pump rather than messing with a big shower gel bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nope. not in ny. probably would be at some type of natural food store place maybe but honestly i dont feel like venturing out to one just for that and maybe have a different opinion about it then you
    ive seen kiss my face at stop n shop but never the shave stuff its so odd how different stores have different items

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen this, but never picked it up, but after reading the reviews from all of ya'll I think I just might. I get horrid razor burn no matter what I do or use, so if this will even help to reduce that a bit, I'll be a Lover of it I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I converted to KMF shave months ago when you did one of your "follow-up" reviews on it, and I have to agree, it's fantastic! Nice that they've taken out the parabens, though I'm not really a stickler for them. :P

    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HMM I like many other KMF products, now I want to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. elizabeth: SO glad to hear this works for you too. And yeah, I'm glad I'm not alone in not realizing the old formula had parabens! So strange that I never noticed that before!

    Amber: Yay! Great to hear from another Moisture Shave lover! And yeah, it's great to get this at CVS because you can use Extra Bucks. :) But be sure to look for it in the natural beauty section, not the section with all the other shave creams.

    robin: Awww, sorry to hear you can't find this locally. The price is between $7 and $8 but a bottle lasts me a really long time, even with shaving my legs every single day. You can also find it on amazon and it's about $7.50 there. Hope that helps. (By the way, I always try to put the price of the products I review underneath the first picture in the review). :)

    Lyssachelle: Honey! I am SO thrilled that you tried this based on my previous review and that you not only love it, but are hooked! Yipppeee!! Sooo glad it's working out for you! And wow, that is an AWESOME idea about reusing the old bottles! Lord knows I go through enough of these, but I never thought to use them in that capacity. Heck, I could even use for shampoo, since I hate having huge bottles of shampoo hogging up valuable space in my shower. Wow, thanks for the great idea. xo

    sexxxichickee: I would never encourage anyone to search all over town for something based SOLELY on my review, but if you research this and find several favorable reviews (especially ones by people with similar concerns as you) then it might be something worth investigating, ya know? You can always call ahead to the natural food stores in your area before you drive out to one. Also, they do sell this product on amazon. Hope that helps.

    CMCarver: I would LOVE to hear how you like this if you decide to pick it up. Honestly, I never, ever have issues with razor burn thanks to this product. Keep me posted? :)

    Rachel: WOW! Thank you so much for letting me know you tried this based on my review and that it works for you! That is so wonderful to hear--so glad you love it too. xo

    Michelle: Please come back and let me know how you like it if you try it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw the new packages at Whole Foods. I've never seen these at any CVS in my area. I will check the natural products aisle. So far this is my favorite shave cream.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Melody: Thanks for letting us know that Whole Foods has the new formula! Good to know. :) And yes, definitely check the natural products aisle at CVS. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I must try this. I have very sensitive skin and always get razor burn no matter what I use. Thanks for sharing. I will def be looking for this on my next trip to CVS.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay so I know I'm a little late considering this post is a week and a half old but I had to tell you that I finally found this product at my local Stop & Shop Supermarket for $6.99. I'm sooooooooooooooo happy with it. I can't use regular shaving creams and gels. They make me itch and cause razor bumps. So thanks to you my legs are silky smooth and I don't have to dread shaving anymore!! And I love anything mint scented so I'm in Heaven!! Thanks so much. Oh waaaiiiiiit I'm not done I also picked up the Rite Aid Tugaboo wipes. OMG!! I don't have to use anything else but the wipes and my makeup is completely gone. I can't believe it. I've used all types of oils, wipes and creams that have caused itching, burning and breakouts. Girrlll this is why I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! Keep the reviews and recommendations coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have you ever tried Trader Joe's Cream Shave? I'd been using Moisture Shave after seeing your review of it, until I recently found this stuff. It's only 3.49 a tube, has a nice coconut mango smell, and the feel is pretty much exact to Moisture Shave. Just curious.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig