Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, March 15, 2011

New CQ and Petites Color Fever polishes?

If you saw my last post, then you know that there's an unadvertised clearance sale going on at Rite Aid right now on the core collection Petites Color Fever nail polishes ($0.99 each instead of $3.99). Thanks to my lovely reader T-Rex for sharing that with us, because now it totally makes sense. I believe that Petites is bringing in some new shades, and CQ is as well!

I just saw these displays at my local Rite Aid:


Now before you say anything, I KNOW that there are some existing core collection shades in both of these displays, but I also see some NEW shades (or at least new to me). I'm really bummed out that there are some shades already missing from these displays, because those could be new as well.

A closer look:


I know for a fact that some of these shades are not new, but I believe that the top two greens on the upper left ARE new (I purchased them and will show them to you in a second).


Again, I know that not all of these Petites Color Fevers are new (for instance, Vintage Gray and Periwinkle) but I do see some new shades like Solar (a deeeeep vampy purple) and Fiigi (looks like OPI Catch Me in Your Net, etc. but without the glass flecks). And I believe the two glitters are new as well, which I purchased (yay!).

Here are all of the new (I think??) shades I purchased:


Slate: very dark teal blue creme
Golden Green: olive/army green with golden-olive shimmer
Pink Diamond: pink micro-glitter and slightly larger, round pieces of pink glitter in a clear base
24K Gold: gold micro-glitter with slightly larger pieces of reddish-rose glitter in a clear base

The two glitters are insanely beautiful in person. I cannot wait to swatch all four of these for you--I'll try to get pics up as soon as I can. I'm so happy I basically got these for free because I had a ton of +UP Rewards that were about to expire, plus I'm a Wellness+ Gold Member so I get 20% off all non-sale purchases too. Yay for Rite Aid!

Nail polish gals: can you confirm that the shades I mentioned are truly new? I did google searches for swatches and I couldn't find any, but then again I didn't look deeply. I'm so mad that I didn't get to see the OTHER shade in the Petites Color Fever display because the slots were empty by the time I got there. If anyone knows what shade is missing from the above display, please please let us know!
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. Oooh! I want the Golden Green and the 24K Gold! But I think I am Rite-Aid-less. *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shades that you've picked up, are indeed new shades! and now I'll have to add these to my hunt down list too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twirly McSwirl: Awww, I'm sorry hun. :(

    Dollface: THANK YOU! I was really hoping I didn't get all worked up for nothing, but I had never seen them before. Whoo hoo! Yay for new shades! I think some of the pinks and corals are new too...I should have taken them over to the core display and compared. Maybe I'll go back and try to figure it out (unless someone in the blogosphere has already done that). Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never even heard of these and after the Rite Aid alert I'm itching to get in there! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 24 k gold looks like an amazing color ! In fact, they all do !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never heard about this brand before :/
    They look promising!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Noooooooooooooooooo.
    After reading this, I rushed over to the Rite Aid site--I'd been planning on ordering the gorgeous Fairy Pink very soon (as in Thursday), and was hoping maybe they'd be on sale there.
    It's much, much worse. They're gone.
    Not cool, Rite Aid. -.-

    The polishes are lovely, but, alas, I do not live near a Rite Aid. Besides, I'm probably now too miffed at them for removing the brand from the site A DAY after I last looked it up to consider placing an order any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You picked some great colors! Figi isn't new, though. I have it and I picked it up a while ago. I could have swore that I learned about it on this blog. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  9. are these nail polishes available elsewhere? all the rite-aids here in las vegas have closed down.

    ReplyDelete
  10. *Sigh* I REALLY need to get to RiteAid!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are the new Petites color Fever polishes $0.99 or just the old ones on the permanent display? I'm asking because I was at Rite Aid yesterday and there was a sign for clearance but it was only on CQ Fairy Pink.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The one sign I saw was for the Petites Fairy Pink. Having only one color on clearance seemed strange to me, which is why I checked the price on the others.

    I believe the .99 clearance probably applies to the core colors that weren't carried over to the new display. The colors I found on clearance are in the post G made directly below this one. I probably missed a couple of pastel shades, but I'm pretty sure I caught the rest.

    Now I wonder if I should check for a secret clearance sale on the CQ shades!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome. I was planning on a Rite Aid trip today. I'm going to need to ban myself from buying nail polishes soon but you can't go wrong with 99 cents!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I followed through on my threat, and stopped in at Rite Aid once again to annoy the clerk by requesting price checks on each of the CQ polishes. Again, no signage. Here are the colors I found for .74 each. Gem Green (frosty mint green), Halo Pink (sheer looking hot pink), Sunset Blaze (medium frosty burgundy), and Cabernet (vampy creme). There were a couple of empty slots, so there may have been others.

    ReplyDelete
  15. BTW, those were core CQ colors. The new Petites and CQ displays weren't there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just spotted (and snapped up) a beautiful blue/purple duochrome made by the same company in the same core rack but with a different shaped bottle called 'Sky'...I never bought this brand before but I couldn't resist this color.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Shieldmaiden96, was this a Chameleon color? I have that one and love it. I checked for clearance prices on those yesterday, too, but no dice.

    ReplyDelete
  18. virginaisforluvrs: OMG, you are RIGHT! hahah! My memory isn't what it used to be, I tell ya! Thanks for catching that. ;)

    Judy: I believe the only other place I've seen this brand is Walmart.

    T-Rex: You ROCK! Thank you so very much for that! I'll do a post right away with this info--it is so extremely helpful!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. My CQ display had a cool amber duochrome that is missing from yours called Rustic Dream. It goes between a golden amber color and a more rosy toned color.

    I also grabbed the golen green one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just found these displays in one of my two Rite Aids today.

    Jess, yes, that golden reddish duochrome is lovely. And different from everything else I've seen lately. It reminds me of what Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Golden Cinnabar wanted to be. :-)

    G, the missing Petites color is an intensely sparkly grass green color. The kind that I have to have. But I'll wait for a sale.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig