Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rite Aid alert! Rite Aid alert!

Rite Aid shoppers, I've got news for you! I was at a local Rite Aid today and noticed that ALL Jane Cosmetics are now on clearance for 75% off! I'm talking the ENTIRE wall display. If you're a Jane fan, get yourself to Rite Aid asap before everything's wiped out!

I don't know if Rite Aid is no longer going to carry Jane, or if maybe Jane is undergoing a massive makeover and they're revamping the entire line, but all I know is that every single piece of makeup in the entire display was 75% off, so they're definitely clearing it out.

Speaking of clearance sales, I want to make sure you know about an unadvertised clearance that my lovely reader T-Rex recently shared with us on my You Tell Me post. T-Rex writes:

Several of the Petites Color Fever polishes are on clearance for 75% off at my local Rite Aid's. The signage at one location only had one color listed, and the other location had no signage at all. So on a hunch, I took one of each color that I wanted up to the register and had the cashier do a price check. The colors I picked up for .99 each are Black Diamond (yay!), Violet Frost, Fairy Pink, Twilight, Candy Green, Wild Plum, Snowflake, Empress, and Diamond Envy. If both my Rite Aids didn't have signage, it's possible that other locations don't as well.

Also, I want to let you know about one more bit of exciting Rite Aid news:


Rimmel. AT RITE AID! I don't know about your Rite Aid locations, but this is the first time I have EVER seen Rimmel at Rite Aid, and I've been to a LOT of Rite Aids.  Right now they only had counter displays for the nail polish and the new glosses (no new shades in this polish display) but be on the lookout because there's $1 Rimmel tear-pad coupons on the polish display above and they're good toward ANY Rimmel purchase!

I'll be back in a minute with some other new goodies I spotted at Rite Aid recently.
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I went to Rite Aid today too, and I saw this but I can't remember how much the polishes cost to begin with. I want to say they were kind of expensive, like over $5 but maybe I was looking at the wrong sign...But then I went to Target and these same polishes are on sale for $3.50 so I picked one up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria: Petites Color Fever polishes normally retail at Rite Aid for $3.99. Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I should have been more specific lol, I was talking about the Rimmel lasting finish polishes, what about those?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the Jane sale 2 weeks ago but all the good stuff were gone...darn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never see Jane anywhere. I might be mistaken, but I don't think Jane is even at my local Wal-Mart anymore. They're only located at Rite-Aid, so my guess is that the brand is likely to be gone as a whole. Could be replacing the shelves with Rimmel, instead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I work at Rite Aid, and from what I understand Rimmel will be replacing Jane, at least at my store. But I could be wrong - either way, stocking up isn't a bad idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, seems like this week's a great week to visit Rite Aid! I'm so broke though. :3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Weird. Last time I was at Rite Aid, the Jane was full priced. Then again, my Rite Aid is notoriously slow for putting up the clearance signs. Oh, and also, I've started noticing Rimmel cardboard displays up. Maybe Rimmel is replacing the Jane line at some stores?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, I obviously need to read comments before posting. Apparently, my hypothesis was true, go me. =p

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went in Rite Aid yesterday to go looking for that LE Revlon lipstick and ended up having a conversation with the makeup consultant for the Culver City area Rite Aids (she replenishes and decides what goes on display). She said they'd been asked repeatedly to stock Rimmel and now there they are. I saw the new mascara that dupes MAC's Haute and Naughty Lash.

    ReplyDelete
  11. At Rite Aid my CQ polishes were 74 cents each-no clearance signs! WNW H20 Proof & Megachrome eyeliners 49 & 74 cents-some signs. Part of Jane marked clearance but not all. It seems you have to take everything to cashier & have them check-a pain but some great deals!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for posting this! My Rite Aid had no clearance signage but I picked up Black Diamond (which I've been wanting FOREVER) and took it to the register. It rang up as $.99 :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do remember reading that Jane was doing a revamp and would be switching to leopard print packaging and that we should start seeing it in stores in Spring 2011. Whether or not this is why they are on clearance at Rite Aid I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  14. If Rite Aid discontinues Jane too there'd be no other store that carries Jane :( that makes me sad b/c their blushes are awesome. Their other products maybe not as awesome but still decent?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a little late in the game at this point since this was posted so long ago, but if any of you have a Nordstrom Rack nearby you might check there for Jane. Mine has tons of it! Mostly eyeshadows from what I can recall but lots of 'em!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig