Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hidden Gem: Rite Aid Renewal Moisturizing Lotion (compare to Lubriderm)

I wanted to get this review up ASAP because all Rite Aid body lotions, hand lotions and skincare products are BOGOFREE this week at Rite Aid.

Rite Aid was gracious enough to send me some of their newest house brand beauty products a while back for review, and today I want to tell you about the true hidden gem of the bunch:

Rite Aid Renewal Moisturizing Lotion (compare to Lubriderm)
(retail: $4.99, 16 oz)


I've been using this lotion on and off for a few months now, and I must tell you that I actually prefer it to Lubriderm. To me, it's got the same moisturizing properties as Lubriderm, the texture and consistency are similar, but here's the real reason I love it so much: I LOVE the fragrance. You know how Lubriderm has that signature fragrance to it? Well the Rite Aid version is similiar, but to my nose it's got a soft, feminine perfume note to it that I simply adore. I wish I could put it into words, but it's a clean, slightly flowery, soft fragrance that I cannot get enough of and I find myself constantly sniffing my skin when I use it.

This is a nice, rich lotion that applies effortlessly and really coats my skin with a protective barrier. It's easy to slather on after a shower because it's not too thick and not too thin. And when I put it on in the morning, I can feel the lingering effects of its moisturization well into the evening.

I love love love this lotion. It's not fancy or glamorous, but it gets the job done and at just $4.99 a bottle (BOGOFREE this week) it's a true hidden gem at the drugstore. Also, if you're a Rite Aid Wellness+ member, remember that you get 10% off all Rite Aid brand purchases (when they're not on sale). If you're a Gold member like me, you get 20% off all purchases every day, including Rite Aid brand products, of course.

Do you own any Rite Aid house brand products? I still LOVE their Tugaboo baby wipes for removing makeup but I'm always open to suggestions for other good house brand products!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Yes, the Rite Aid brand eyelash curler is amazing for almond-shaped eyes with stubborn lashes like mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for this post! I noticed the BOGO FREE for Rite Aid lotions and I was like, are their lotions worth buying? Apparently so! And I just ran out of my super dry skin lotion too! How convenient. Again, thanks for the thoughtful post~

    ReplyDelete
  3. G, Thanks for this heads up. I love a lotion that pumps! Will keep it in the back of my mind when it is time to replenish!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig