Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, February 12, 2011

Spotted: New John Frieda Anytime Volume Refresher (dry shampoo)

A huge thanks to my lovely reader Roanna for this sighting! It seems that Suave is not the only drugstore haircare brand to be releasing a new dry shampoo this year (click here for my Suave Dry Shampoo review)! I've heard reports from some of you who have spotted the new got 2be Rockin' It dry shampoo, and today I'd like to show you John Frieda's new version:

image credit: Roanna for Nouveau Cheap
 John Frida Anytime Volume Refresher
(retail: $6.99, 3.5 oz)

 image credit: Roanna for Nouveau Cheap 

There are instant $1 off coupons on the cans.

image credit: Roanna for Nouveau Cheap 

Here are my initial thoughts: I love that this might provide those with fine hair an instant boost of volume. Extra volume is an added bonus to using SOME dry shampoos (there are a few dry shampoos that I've reviewed that did NOT provide me with extra volume though, such as TRESemme and Salon Grafix). But nowhere on the front of the can does this product claim to actually eliminate oil, which is the primary role of a dry shampoo. So it's definitely got my curiosity up (since I have fine hair) but as a oily-haired gal, I'm concerned about oil absorption.

Also, the value of this product is not as as good as Suave's version (John Frieda is 3.5 oz and retails for $6.99 while Suave is 5 oz and retails for around $2.69). Dollar for dollar, Suave Dry Shampoo is the best value in the current crop of drugstore dry shampoos, but if this John Frieda product knocks my socks off when it comes to volume, it could be a justified purchase.

So, those are my initial thoughts and I'd LOVE to hear yours. Does this sound like a product you'd like to try? Have you already tried it? I'd love to hear from you either way.

And another huge thanks to Roanna for the fantastic sighting and pics!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I'm curious about the scent. John Frieda does have alot of coupons in the Sunday paper so it maybe worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to try this since their Volume shampoos smell so wonderful!
    I hope that it really is a dry shampoo. I haven't seen it around though, but I will look on my next trip to Wags.
    I can't find that Suave dry shampoo anywhere!! I found all the new shampoos and conditioners at my WalMart but that's it. I would REALLY love to try it.
    I did buy PSSST for the first time and I am using it right now and I really love it. More than Batiste! The smell alone is fantastic!
    Thanks for keeping us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy this product. With many dry shampoos too much of the white mist/powder come out or doesn't disappear/absorb. This is a no-brainer and actually disappeared when you run a brush or fingers through your hair. I really enjoy the small packaging for my purse or gym bag! I do wish it was cheaper, but John Frieda is an amazing brand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love JF and can't wait to try this! I still am waiting to find the Suave dry shampoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got this today at Walgreens (was a good day, this AND the new WnW 8-pans, score!) and I love it. I'm a fairly recent convert to dry shampoos but in my limited experience, this is the best of the ones I've used so far (the other two being Tresemme' and Psssst). I should have expected no less from John Frieda. The first thing I noticed is that it smells AMAZING; it lingers nicely too without being cloying. Just enough to catch a pleasant scent when you turn your head. It also seems to be a finer spray than the others and doesn't get clogged like Pssst did constantly. Probably also why the Frieda doesn't show white on my dark auburn hair, and doesn't require brushing to alleviate the white like the others, especially Tresemme'! In fact, it was AFTER I used this for the first time that I saw the directions (naturally!) and it says you aren't supposed to brush, just finger-comb. The John Frieda does not seem to suck the life out of my hair so the biggest surprise for me was how incredibly soft my hair was, while still adding volume and separation. I definitely was NOT expecting that, perhaps just in comparison to the Tresemme', but still. w00t!

    The size of the can could be bigger for the price I guess, but we're also paying for the brand. I agree with the reviewer above that it's great to carry in my purse or travel bag so this may actually be a good thing, seeing as how much I like it! All in all, if the size/price is the worst thing I can say about it, I can live with that...at least until I find the Suave :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This product smells AWFUL! It smells really really strong. Do all dry shampoos smell this bad?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig